52 genders

Author: Vici

Total: 51
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
its bs. there are only two. I don't get why people want 52 genders its so dumb they defend it by saying "well it helps trans people" well actually NO because the trans issue is a different thing, I still allow trans people to do their thing if there are only 2 genders. 
Vici
Vici
who here actually believes there are more???
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vici
XXY chromosomes. What is it?
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Vici
its bs. there are only two. I don't get why people want 52 genders its so dumb they defend it by saying "well it helps trans people" well actually NO because the trans issue is a different thing, I still allow trans people to do their thing if there are only 2 genders. 
There are only male and female genders. The rest are  just sexual preferences and not determined by sex determining chromosomes. 

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Vici
If you consider gender as a description of sexual orientation, physical sex, and identify, there are a ton.

So there’s

1.) men who like men; 
2.) men who like women; 
3.) women who like men
4.) women who like women.
5.) men who like both
6.) women who like both
7.) men who like neither
8.) women who like neither

For each of the above there are versions for the case where the person feels the same gender as their physical sex, a different gender, feel completely asexual, or are transgender that have transitioned, or are waiting to transition but have transitioned or 

That’s like 30+

The issue is not that these categories don’t exist or are invalid, but that people apparently take issue at people describing themselves this way.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Ramshutu
--> @Vici
If you consider gender as a description of sexual orientation, physical sex, and identify, there are a ton.

So there’s 

1.) men who like men; 
2.) men who like women; 
3.) women who like men
5.) men who like both
6.) women who like both
7.) men who like neither

For each of the above there are versions for the case where the person feels the same gender as their physical sex, a different gender, feel completely asexual, or are transgender that have transitioned, or are waiting to transition but have transitioned or 

That’s like 30+

The issue is not that these categories don’t exist or are invalid, but that people apparently take issue at people describing themselves this way.
There are only male and female genders. The rest are  just sexual preferences and not determined by sex determining chromosomes. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Shila
I think you’re talking about biological “sex”. The meaning of gender and gender identity is often used in a way that incorporates preferences preferences too.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Shila
I think you’re talking about biological “sex”. The meaning of gender and gender identity is often used in a way that incorporates preferences preferences too.
Let me correct that a little actually; because it’s a little off.

Preference figures into it a bit insofar as gender roles, and I’ve seen people incorporate gay and lesbian in those identities - but I’m primarily thinking about things like “butch” as a specific identity; and how the genderized aspect of Hertero or homosexuality also plays into it to.

So you’re kind of right - in that gender and sexual preference are not the same thing; and I kinda implied that wasn’t the case - but gender and sex are not the same the either.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Ramshutu
@Shila
Let me correct that a little actually; because it’s a little off.

Preference figures into it a bit insofar as gender roles, and I’ve seen people incorporate gay and lesbian in those identities - but I’m primarily thinking about things like “butch” as a specific identity; and how the genderized aspect of Hertero or homosexuality also plays into it to.

So you’re kind of right - in that gender and sexual preference are not the same thing; and I kinda implied that wasn’t the case - but gender and sex are not the same the either.
Gender and sex are determined by a pair of chromosomes XX = Female. XY = Male.
The rest are labels for sexual preferences eg gay. LGBT.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Shila

Well no - because gender as a concept is used to refer to your perceptions of your own sex; and has been used for the last 60 + years to refer to the social aspects relating to physical sex. 

That’s the way the word is being used here, regardless of whether you’re comfortable with it.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
Sex and gender are NOT synonyms. Stop conflating them. There are two regular biological sexes and several abnormalities often defined as intersex, but are more accurately defined as sex chromosome anomalies.
Gender is a social concept that varies from culture to culture and often determines stuff like social roles, sexual dominance, and pronouns. Pronouns are gendered, not sexed.
Shila
Shila
-->
@K_Michael
Sex and gender are NOT synonyms. Stop conflating them. There are two regular biological sexes and several abnormalities often defined as intersex, but are more accurately defined as sex chromosome anomalies.
Gender is a social concept that varies from culture to culture and often determines stuff like social roles, sexual dominance, and pronouns. Pronouns are gendered, not sexed
Gender, male or female?
Sex,  male or female?

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Shila
I will tell you this exactly once. I do not condescend to respond to copy pasta. If you can't be bothered to actually respond to my points, then you might as well not exist from the viewpoint of intelligent debate. Do it again, and I will not respond.

You are about 40% right. Sex is determined by the expression of the sex chromosome pair, but as I pointed out in my previous post, there exist abnormalities that don't fit the regular XX and XY categories. These can result in all sorts of hormonal problems, irregular development of genitals and gonads, and irregularities in secondary sex characteristics.
Gender is a social construct that is often tied to physical characteristics related to sex, but is most importantly the things I said in my above post.
Shila
Shila
-->
@K_Michael
-> @Shila
I will tell you this exactly once. I do not condescend to respond to copy pasta. If you can't be bothered to actually respond to my points, then you might as well not exist from the viewpoint of intelligent debate. Do it again, and I will not respond.

You are about 40% right. Sex is determined by the expression of the sex chromosome pair, but as I pointed out in my previous post, there exist abnormalities that don't fit the regular XX and XY categories. These can result in all sorts of hormonal problems, irregular development of genitals and gonads, and irregularities in secondary sex characteristics. 
Gender is a social construct that is often tied to physical characteristics related to sex, but is most importantly the things I said in my above post.
So you believe there exist abnormalities that don't fit the regular XX and XY categories. These can result in all sorts of hormonal problems, irregular development of genitals and gonads, and irregularities in secondary sex characteristics. In short they are abnormalities.

I am sure gays and LGBT do not consider their types abnormal. They would prefer to see that as sexual preferences.

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Shila
So you believe there exist abnormalities that don't fit the regular XX and XY categories. These can result in all sorts of hormonal problems, irregular development of genitals and gonads, and irregularities in secondary sex characteristics. In short they are abnormalities.

I am sure gays and LGBT do not consider their types abnormal. They would prefer to see that as sexual preferences.

I was not referring to sexual preference or any other aspect of the LGBTQ umbrella. I'm talking about genetic and karyotypic conditions such as

While there is likely at least some genetic influence on sexual preference, I have done little/no research on the topic, but it is very distinct from what I was clearly referencing.
Shila
Shila
-->
@K_Michael

--> @Shila

I was not referring to sexual preference or any other aspect of the LGBTQ umbrella. I'm talking about genetic and karyotypic conditions such as

While there is likely at least some genetic influence on sexual preference, I have done little/no research on the topic, but it is very distinct from what I was clearly referencing.
You appear to go beyond gender determined by Chromosomes and find yourself in the world of biological freaks.

Ramshutu covered sexual orientation below:

So there’s 

1.) men who like men; 
2.) men who like women; 
3.) women who like men
5.) men who like both
6.) women who like both
7.) men who like neither

That’s like 30+

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Shila
Correct.
Vici
Vici
-->
@Ramshutu
gender is man or women. all this 

1.) men who like men; 
2.) men who like women; 
3.) women who like men
5.) men who like both
6.) women who like both
7.) men who like neither
are adjectives describing a man or a women. Notice here by the bold that you are acknowledging that these a men or women, merely that they have difference sexual preferences. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Vici
are adjectives describing a man or a women. Notice here by the bold that you are acknowledging that these a men or women, merely that they have difference sexual preferences. 
If you pay attention, I go on to clarify the examples of biological sex and identity not matching; and the variations that exist between them.

People with these identities and variations objectively exist - so you’re objection isn’t really with what or who we’re talking about ; merely an objecting to the way the word “gender” is used.
Vici
Vici
-->
@Ramshutu
no you still don't understand im talking about "tree self" and "clown self

People with these identities and variations objectively exist
they exist just as how tall people exist and people with black eyes exist and blonde hair - but that doesn't mean they aren't either men or women. 
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Vici
Wouldn’t that be building up the modern definition of gender to include and ascribe such ridiculous extremes and the mocking the result - wouldn’t that qualify as a strawman?

they exist just as how tall people exist and people with black eyes exist and blonde hair - but that doesn't mean they aren't either men or women.
Well it depends what you mean; physiologically probably not - in terms of how we describe and identify the outgoing characteristics, mannerisms and presentation of individuals, with respect to a variety of understood social clues surrounding sexual - absolutely. 

Like I said - your objection is that you can’t appear to get to past that the word is not being used the way you want it to be used.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Vici
Wow, it's up to 52 now? 

Well, people can give themselves any label they want, whatever floats their boat, but I know only three personal pronouns, "he", "she", and "they", and I'm not learning any more. 

All anybody needs to do is let me know which one applies and I'll use it. Beyond that, why care?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vici
Egg producer, sperm producer and very rare physiological anomalies.

And then there is the human evolutionary development of constructive thought to take into consideration.

Of course, constructive thought allowed us to both fly to the moon and cut our dicks and balls of and call ourselves Sybil.

Some might refer to the latter as overthink.

But nonetheless both are achievable.

Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@Ramshutu
Wouldn’t that be building up the modern definition of gender to include and ascribe such ridiculous extremes and the mocking the result - wouldn’t that qualify as a strawman?
Isn't the whole gender movement to broaden it's definition such that it includes labels such as 

1. Gender witched: The person is inclined toward the notion of having one gender but does not know which.
  2. Girlflux: The individual identifies themselves as a female but with varying intensities of female identities.
  3. Healgender: A gender identity that gives the person peace, calm, and positivity.
  4. Mirrorgender: Changing one's gender type based on the people surrounding.
  5. Omnigender: Having or experiencing all genders.
  6. Cloudgender: The person’s gender cannot be comprehended or understood due to depersonalization and derealization disorder.
There is no doubt that there exists a plethora of individual preferences when it comes to selecting a sexual partner, but I think that, for one to ascribe each preference a seperate "gender" (a term already heavily implications of the traditional biological definition [would be akin to describing the Big Bang as "God"]) is both misleading and unnecessary. 

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Bones
Isn't the whole gender movement to broaden it's definition such that it includes labels such as 
But those are almost all boiling down to variations of the same inherent thing; mostly just with different ascribed names. Clown, and tree - not so much 

There is no doubt that there exists a plethora of individual preferences when it comes to selecting a sexual partner, but I think that, for one to ascribe each preference a seperate "gender" (a term already heavily implications of the traditional biological definition [would be akin to describing the Big Bang as "God"]) is both misleading and unnecessary.
Gender has almost invariably been used in relation to social aspects of sex since the 1960s - gender roles, gender stereotypes, etc.

But saying that, the argument you’re making seems to be not necessarily objecting  that there are not 72 “genders” in the way that word is presented - but that you object to the word “gender” being used specifically.

Shila
Shila
-->
@K_Michael
--> @Shila
Correct. 
So you  agree with Ramshutu. See post#5, 16

You appear to go beyond gender determined by Chromosomes and find yourself in the world of biological freaks.

Ramshutu covered sexual orientation below:

So there’s

1.) men who like men;
2.) men who like women;
3.) women who like men
5.) men who like both
6.) women who like both
7.) men who like neither

That’s like 30+

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Shila
Correct again.

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Vici
Assuming parthenogenesis, Jesus would have been female. That would make Jesus trans. 😉
Shila
Shila
-->
@SkepticalOne
--> @Vici
Assuming parthenogenesis, Jesus would have been female. That would make Jesus trans
The fact that Jesus was a male suggests he had a father who contributed the Y chromosome.
Luke even points to Joseph son of Heli as father of Jesus,
Luke 3:23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,
the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Shila
The fact that Jesus was a male suggests he had a father who contributed the Y chromosome.
There is no DNA of Jesus so far as I am aware. At best, we can say he presented himself as male. 

Luke even points to Joseph son of Heli as father of Jesus,
Well, this is awkward.

I (non-believer) must point out you (believer) are taking that verse out of context. The author was describing the consensus of those who didnt have his 'insight'. The Gospel according to Luke describes Jesus would be born of the virgin Mary. It cannot be true that the author both thought Jesus was born of a virgin and also that Joseph was his biological father.

Luke 1:30-38

And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.” But Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?” The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; for that reason also the holy Child will be called the Son of God. And behold, even your relative Elizabeth herself has conceived a son in her old age, and she who was called infertile is now in her sixth month. For nothing will be impossible with God.” And Mary said, “Behold, the Lord’s bond-servant; may it be done to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.