This site needs better advertising

Author: Ehyeh

Total: 20
Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
DART needs better advertising. Although its much cleaner than DDO (at least in its latter years) it still doesn't have many active members. Can we not put some goddamn YouTube ads up or something?
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
Get this shit fuckin rolling. It has all the hallmarks to properly blow up, but it hasn't! 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Ehyeh
YouTube ads aren’t going to so sh*t.

You just need to have a bunch of people on Twitter and TikTok reviewing the debates and key threads.
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Ramshutu
YouTube ads got me addicted to league of legends for 4 years of my life (I've been clean for a year, thank god). I think YouTube ads would do wonders if it hits enough electronic devices.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Ehyeh
You’re first mistake is comparing Dart to league of legends…
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Ramshutu
Yeah but what ads you get is decided based on the vids you watch. If im watching gaming related stuff i will get gaming related ads. If i watch stock bro stuff i will get scams for ads. If i watch debate based content i SHOULD get debate based ads but i don't! we neeeeed to hit our target audience. They exist! 
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
So I suggested about 2 weeks ago that we all share debates we like on social media platforms.

People told me that if the site got bigger it would suck. I guess I was right and this site needs more members.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
The problem with adding people from YouTube advertisements is that major advertisements usually attract a certain audience of people in which they promote the impacts of cancel culture and whichhunting based on public opinion. I believe we should advertise, but by sponsoring/collaborating with debate youtubers who's audience would promote intellectual discussion versus a twitter fight
ComputerNerd
Debates: 15
ComputerNerd
-->
@Vader
That's... actually a good idea. One thing I'm concerned with that though is that there are very few debate channels out there, so sources for advertising might dry up fast.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
Well, what if we targeted social media groups that are designed for debate?

Like, subreddits, facebook groups, Twitter feeds, and YouTubers who hate cancel culture and just want to debate things freely? They exist and would probably be the best candidates to join the website without cancel culture coming in.

I know r/anarcho-capitalism hates cancel culture with a passion. Some of them might be willing to come on board.

I think r/neoliberal also is anti-cancel-culture. They are the more liberal version of r/anarcho-capitalism. But idk if I would consider them liberals, per se. More like neoconservatives who are liberal on social issues.

r/goldandblack are known specifically for being the AMA for anarcho-capitalism. They always have spirited debates on their subreddit. But they are more prone to censorship than r/anarcho-capitalism.

There's also a subreddit with 50k members called r/debate. Pretty straightforward what that one is used for lol.

r/PoliticalDiscussion also is designed to discuss/debate politics. But I have no idea if they are cancel culture crazy or not, so maybe with a grain of salt here. But they do have 2.2 million redditors in their group.

I'm just saying the audience is there. Idk where the overtly liberals ones are. But we already have an overrepresentation of liberals on here anyways. Why not expand into intelligent conservatives and centrist members to balance it out?

I don't want to start posting if this isn't the route the mods and such and community as a whole want to take. But I actually work in marketing and I could post a few links here and there and see if that garners people willing to sign up or something from these channels.

But, like I said, I first want to make sure this is something people want. I used to run a viral news website, so if I do this, it could create a shit ton of attention, and I want to make sure this is what "the people" want.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@RationalMadman
@Barney
@whiteflame
@oromagi
@Novice_II
Thoughts on my proposition?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Public-Choice
You don't need their permission just go do it, it's a public site.

Problem with existing spaces is that they're probably content with their space. Not that you listed only echo chambers but people in echo chambers for the most part are there for a reason.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
Thoughts on my proposition?

The like gets proposed fairly often but I wouldn't say that there's consensus that the site needs to grow.  I think you could market a debate site as a more formal way to settle disputes, endless online bickering, he said, she saids, etc. 

For example, Wikipedia is a place where there's always a tremendous amount of debate going on about facts, wording, biased language, locked articles, locked out users, etc.  I think they could really use a formal forum that limits the debate, gives voters an opportunity to decides winning arguments, and records the debate for future reference.  I wonder if we could promote this site as a tool for dispute resolution in partnership with other sites.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Ehyeh
DART needs better advertising. Although its much cleaner than DDO (at least in its latter years) it still doesn't have many active members. Can we not put some goddamn YouTube ads up or something?
How about Tik Tok?

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
Wikipedia is a place where there's always a tremendous amount of debate going on about facts, wording, biased language, locked articles, locked out users, etc.  I think they could really use a formal forum that limits the debate, gives voters an opportunity to decides winning arguments, and records the debate for future reference.
Agreed. The wiki users could be a good audience too.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You don't need their permission just go do it, it's a public site.
True. It is a public site. But my actions wouldn't be in a vacuum, ya know? They would affect other people and so I just want to make sure there is consensus on this before I do it.

I don't want people to feel like DebateArt isn't for them by making it some massive website with thousands of active users, ya know?
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Public-Choice
We should always want DART to continue growing as long as the new users aren't trolls but looking for good faith resolutions. If trolling and bad faith debates are a problem. That already is one as some of the people in the top 10 are bad faith debaters who just strawman and use dirty tactics. What is there to lose?
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Ehyeh
We should always want DART to continue growing as long as the new users aren't trolls
I agree with you, but just because we agree that doesn't mean everyone else wants to be thrust into  brand new site with a bunch of people on it. I just want to make sure thus is what the majority wants before I do this is all.
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
-->
@Public-Choice
embrace utilitarianism.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Ehyeh
😂🤣

It isn't that. I just want to be neighborly is all. This place is kinda like a saloon for people the rest of society can't stand because we all act like Socrates.

I don't wanna ruin it for some people unless most are on board.