Good news in Florida

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 26
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
The Koch Brothers and Americans for Prosperity announced that Hurricane Ian is a hoax!

It’s not a Category 5. The science is not definitive.

The flooding and high winds go in cycles. So stop worrying Florida. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
In 2017, Donald Trump signed an executive order mandating that the EPA review the Clean Power plan,[4][5][6][7] and withdrew the United States from the Paris Agreement.[8][9][10] Trump-appointed EPA administrator Scott Pruitt announced the formal process to repeal the Clean Power Plan would begin on October 10, 2017.[11][12] The standard federal regulatory procedures and potential legal challenges to implement or change a regulation would likely take up to two years.[13][14][15]

Like many Trump appointees, Pruitt resigned in disgrace less than a year later.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Let’s hope the people getting pummeled by hurricane Ian all voted Republican 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
They will be fine. They have a lot of money saved up from not buying into the Covid lockdown hoax.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
This thread won’t age well… I’m starting to think a Republican ran over his cat or something…

Shila
Shila
Even Hurricane IAN spared Trump and Mar a lago. DeSantis will have a hard time explaining why?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@cristo71
Yeah, I want it to be clear this is not the normal attitude of a progressive.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@RationalMadman
True… sometimes there are individuals you would rather not argue for your worldview…

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
And don't forget, Trump can always divert it with a Sharpie.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah, I want it to be clear this is not the normal attitude of a progressive.
That’s why conservatives think progressives are wimps.

For 10 years conservatives have been blocking the phasing out of fossil fuels and denying global warming even exists and your response is what? 

Let’s compromise? Let’s apologize? Let’s listen to what the wack jobs have to say? The Koch brothers killed any bipartisan support for addressing climate change so we should just shrug our shoulders and say we tried? Meanwhile the earth becomes uninhabitable. But you want to what, be polite?

Let’s be clear. These hurricanes and other natural disasters are becoming more frequent, more powerful, more damaging, and more deadly, and Republicans want to ignore it. Republican voters want to ignore it because they are stupid. Republican politicians will ignore it because it gets them elected.
And who will suffer the most in the short run? The poor. But we will all pay the price in the long run.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Just a reminder that, when he was in Congress and Sandy had devastated the tristate, Ron DeSantis voted against Federal aid. (Not suggesting Dems should now do [the] same. Just pointing out he's always been a heartless little s--t.)," author Stephen Whitty wrote on Twitter.

Back when the governor was a newly elected Florida congressman in 2013, DeSantis voted against a bill that would provide $9.7 billion in flood insurance aid for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The Category 3 storm, which was the deadliest and most destructive hurricane of the 2012 hurricane season, inflicted nearly $70 million in damage and killed a total of 233 people across eight countries. But that’s because DeSantis is a Dedouche bag.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
In a 2013 interview with The Florida Times-Union, DeSantis defended his vote, saying that while he sympathized with the victims of Hurricane Sandy, the bill "was excessive" and fiscally irresponsible. “If a hurricane came here, I would want any relief plan to be fiscally responsible," DeSantis said at the time. "[I] would not want to add extra things and say that because this is a vehicle that's moving, let's try to Christmas tree it out."
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You are a wimp. You want a hurricane to slaughter your opposition because you are not capable or bold enough to be understanding or tolerant of them while they are alive.

You have the coward's attitude.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@cristo71
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
Desantis says Florida needs more immigrants to rebuild Florida

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Haters gonna hate.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
bold enough to be understanding or tolerant of them while they are alive.
Is that what you consider yourself, bold enough to be tolerant and understanding? Lol

Is that what you learned from Taoism?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I live in California.

Imagine I refused to believe that earthquakes exist, and instead of preparing for them by storing water and supplies and buying insurance I simply took the stance that the idea of earthquakes were a hoax designed to take away my freedom. And then an earthquake ruined my house and cut water and power to my area for a period of time. Would I have to take some responsibility for my situation?

Many Floridians think climate change is a hoax. They vote for politicians who have that same opinion. They think any transition away from fossil fuels is a communist plot by the government. Now they want the Federal Government to take money from Democrats in wealthy blue states and give it to them to rebuild their homes because they didn’t have flood insurance.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Yes, it is what I consider myself to be and is what progressivism and maturity are both intertwined with.

Relishing in the deaths if others is a toxic attitude. No conservative admires or respects you for celebrating a hurricane killing the right wing. You are not funny, you are not brave, you are a bitter, immature punk who needs to think what he is celebrating. I would say this to myself when younger and more immature if I ever thought and talked the way you are. It does not age well, trust me.

We are talking about families with children, you really think they all deserve it if they vote Republican? That puts a smile on your face? America is not in a civil war.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes, it is what I consider myself to be
Well you’re not. I’m trying to shake these people by their  lapels and scream at them to snap out of it. Their ignorance is killing them and taking us down with them. You’re choice to coddle them and listen and give consideration to their moronic views is not helpful to anyone.

No conservative admires or respects you for celebrating a hurricane killing the right wing.
Is that what you want, admiration  and respect from conservatives? From Trump supporters?  Is that how you will become one with “the way”.

Your belief in Taoism indicates you are a flake. Leave politics to the people living in reality. People who don’t have their heads in the clouds.

the Tao is the source of everything and the ultimate principle underlying reality.[2][3] Taoism teaches about the various disciplines for achieving perfection through self-cultivation. This can be done through the use of Taoist techniques and by becoming one with the unplanned rhythms of the all, called "the way" or "Tao".[2][4] Taoist ethics vary depending on the particular school, but in general tend to emphasize wu wei (action without intention), naturalness, simplicity, spontaneity and the Three Treasures: 慈, compassion, 儉, frugality and 不敢爲天下先, humility.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
 I’m trying to shake these people by their  lapels and scream at them to snap out of it. Their ignorance is killing them and taking us down with them. You’re choice to coddle them and listen and give consideration to their moronic views is not helpful to anyone.
You have convinced precisely 0 people your whole life, I assure you. Your approach repulses and converts people away from agreeing with you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Is that what you want, admiration  and respect from conservatives? From Trump supporters?  Is that how you will become one with “the way”.
No, the Tao/Dao is about not caring what they think and being a balanced person who understands that just like Yin and Yang balance us as beings, the left and right wing are two sides that balance politics.

Communism is as disgusting and vile as far-right Fascism.

I am not here to pick a fight though, I am here to disassociate with your extremist and sadistic ways. America is not in a civil war, those Floridians that may die if they believe it's a hoax are not people you should celebrate dying.

You are a toxic individual with a warped idea of life. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
You have convinced precisely 0 people your whole life, I assure you.
I’m not trying to convert them. I am trying to get them to realize they don’t know what they are talking about. You can’t negotiate with or debate these people. We need them to go back into their holes. Where they were before Trump and the gutless Republicans told them they had a valid point.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
It really amazes me how people feel personally threatened by people they will never meet ever in their lives.

It's far more likely a Democrat will be assaulted by the government they know than a Republican they will never meet. This is basic psychology regarding domestic abuse and violence.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
No, the Tao/Dao is about not caring what they think and being a balanced person who understands that just like Yin and Yang balance us as beings, the left and right wing are two sides that balance politics.
OMG, what a bunch of nonsense. You are brainwashed. So reality and conspiracy theories balance each other out. What a bunch of garbage. Just like people who say the news media needs to give equal time to lies and misinformation. Freedom of speech applies to lies and facts equally.

You just implied your goal with conservatives is to earn their respect and admiration. Which is it? You don’t care what others think of you or you want them to admire and respect you? It can’t be both.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Sidewalker
Desantis says Florida needs more immigrants to rebuild Florida
DeSantis will find it hard to attract immigrants to Florida after Hurricane IAN. Immigrants are looking for a better place than the one they left behind. Florida looks like a garbage dump after Hurricane IAN made landfall.
But if DeSantis provides trailer parks in the flooded areas it might attract more white trash.