Biden sabotages possible bargaining chip for a peace treaty.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 30
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot

Proof that Biden wants to kill more Ukrainians. The war MUST go on.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
What's to bargain?

Russia based people will eventually sort out their own Problem.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
There isn't a war the USA could not fail to prolong.
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
I could respect your position as a harsh 'realist' Libertarian type if it wasn't for your brownnosing Putin's tyranny and genocide in Ukraine.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Concessions are a necessary component for peace, no matter how distasteful.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
And what is Russia willing to concede? Do not be fooled to think Russia has all the playing cards and upper hand here.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
I think Russia could pay reparations with an agreement to withdraw from the Donbas as long as Ukraine agrees to withdraw from the Donbas as well

In return for reparations, Ukraine would agree to not join Nato. This could be a realistic achievable peace condition.

Having a separate independent buffer state of the Russian speaking Donbas region would be the best fence to keep the neighbors cordial.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
In return for reparations, Ukraine would agree to not join Nato. This could be a realistic achievable peace condition.
If you were Zelensky or any of his team, would you even for one second consider this?

They have just been shown in the most barbaric and horrifying way possible what happens when you are outside NATO. Fuck no, get out of your delusional world, GP.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Depends on how much reparations are paid. Don't pretend Zelensky cannot be purchased.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
So far, it seems he can't be purchased. After all, all his predecessors were Russian cronies and that is why Putin resents him (the first leader to resist Russia's slimy grip on Ukraine's government). Zeleksy's corruption is less so pro-Russia and more so 'I fancy a mansion on the side'.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
So far, it seems he can't be purchased.
I disagree. And even if it was the case like you say that he can't be purchased, that just makes him a megalomaniac zealot, which is the most dangerous trait in any leader. That is a leader who cannot be reasoned with.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
I couldn't care less if you agree and neither do the Western expert strategists supporting their countries to continue backing Ukraine.

I agree this is a pyrrhic victory no matter which side since but this lose-lose war was Putin's choice, not Ukraine or the West's.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
But it doesn't have to be lose-lose if concessions can be traded such as reparations, promises, and agreements.

It's a much better alternative to trading blood for blood. And maybe you are not aware, but Zelensky is actually very open toward a peace resolution, despite what the censoring media states.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
The Western expert strategists
Spare me the tired euphemisms for the military industrial oligarchs.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Also, NATO involvement is a real mixed bag. Their help comes with all sorts of strings attached because there's no such thing as a free lunch.

First Boris Johnson sabotaged the April peace talks and now Biden made sure there will be no October talks by blowing up the pipeline like he threatened to do publicly. If Nato had just sent aid instead of directly intervening, this war would have been likely over long ago, but those strings just had to be pulled.

That's not exactly a slam dunk win for Ukraine to get into a permanent arrangement with NATO at a time when the current world leaders are so incredibly hawkish and intervening.
NATO leaders, especially Biden, are much more demonstrably hawkish than Zelensky appears by most unbiased accounts.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Recent history tells us that U.S. prolonged wars have a tendency to end inconclusively. 

I'm not sure if that is success or failure.

As I see it, the only end to the current Ukrainian debacle will be the end of the current Russian regime, and the only people who can do that is the Russian people.

As things stand, no one is going to make concessions.

Though please prove me wrong Mr Putin.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@zedvictor4
the only end to the current Ukrainian debacle will be the end of the current Russian regime, and the only people who can do that is the Russian people.
Agreed.  The whole of the Ukrainian War is the object and blame of one dictator, Vlad.  By all accounts, his health is failing, his mental state is uncertain, his concern for the Russian people is nil.  Kill Richard III and the war is over.  Capture Napoleon and the war is over.  Kill Hitler, kill Mussolini and the war is over. 

Russians, Ukrainians, Europeans, Americans- nobody wants this war except Putin.  Take him out and this war is over.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
the only end to the current Ukrainian debacle will be the end of the current Russian regime,

So basically scorched earth. Let's hope warhawks like you go the way of the dodo bird.

America has had its fun with regime changes long enough. The person that replaces isn't always better.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
nobody wants this war except Putin.  Take him out and this war is over.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
Should Putin go the credit should go to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. He took on Putin and the Russian army with what little he had. He inspired the world and his people.
We need him to win!!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Agreed.
Shila
Shila
--> @oromagi
nobody wants this war except Putin.  Take him out and this war is over.
Are you saying Putin has changed since the war? Putin looks so different.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Shila
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Chinese leader Xi Jinping described Russian President Vladimir Putin as his "best friend" as the two met in Moscow on Wednesday at a time when U.S. relations with both countries are increasingly strained.

"In the past six years, we have met nearly 30 times. Russia is the country that I have visited the most times, and President Putin is my best friend and colleague," Xi said at a news conference during his three-day state visit to Russia.

"We will strengthen our mutual support on key issues," Xi said.

June 2019, do we assume they just fell out suddenly at the war of Ukraine? I REALLY doubt it.
Shila
Shila
Chinese leader Xi  Jinping described Russian President Vladimir Putin as his "best friend" as the two met in Moscow on Wednesday at a time when U.S. relations with both countries are increasingly strained.

"In the past six years, we have met nearly 30 times. Russia is the country that I have visited the most times, and President Putin is my best friend and colleague," Xi said at a news conference during his three-day state visit to Russia.

"We will strengthen our mutual support on key issues," Xi said.

June 2019, do we assume they just fell out suddenly at the war of Ukraine? I REALLY doubt it
China does not back losers. Xi Jinping must think Putin is losing the Ukrainian war and is not too pleased.
It will only make Chinas position on Taiwan more difficult.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Shila
China does not back losers. 

Or the USA.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Shila
China has backed many losing nations for decades now. It is nice for them to have people depending on them, it's their entire MO.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
"Warhawk"

I don't think that anyone who knows me would describe me as a Warhawk.

Quite the opposite in fact.

I simply counter your comments with what I see as a realistic assessment of the current Russian inspired debacle, based upon fairly recent Russian/Soviet history.

Whereas all that you seemingly set out to do is spuriously promote an anti-Democrat agenda.

Laying false eggs in someone else's nest as it were.

Sort of a Cuckoo.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@oromagi
Exactly.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
Like the US lays eggs to hatch their own oligarchs and dictators in foreign sovereign nations in their never-ending policy of regime change?

I like that analogy. Coo-coo American hawks.

Thank you Zed.