Republicans still too dumb to recognize the Big Lie

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 26
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
…since they started asking (the) question in November 2020, the percentage of Republicans who claim that Biden only won due to voter fraud has hardly budged at all. On Nov. 18, 2020, 70 percent of Republicans said Biden won only due to voter fraud. This month, 61 percent did. On average, over the course of those nine polls, 64 percent of Republicans have blamed voter fraud — just shy of two-thirds of the total.

The pattern is obvious. People who want to believe that voter fraud occurred are almost universally people who do not read evaluations of fraud claims in The Washington Post. They are not people who are looking for information that falsifies their beliefs because, if they did, they would very quickly find it. Vague debunked allegations are made and comport with their sense of what happened, and that’s good enough.
Shila
Shila
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
The majority of Republicans believe the Big Lie. That includes the majority of Republicans in Congress and Senate. Over 20 Republican states are changing the voter  count and certification process even though the courts threw out every case of voter fraud Trump filed.

Nothing short of a civil war will resolve this issue. That possibility is getting close as Trump faces multiple lawsuits and possible conviction.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Shila
I believe most Republican members of Congress don’t really believe the Big Lie, but they are gutless cowards who would kill their own mothers if that’s what it took to get re-elected. The idiot voters believe it, just like they don’t believe in climate change. So their reps have to say they believe it too. If not, they will get primaried.
Shila
Shila
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
--> @Shila
I believe most Republican members of Congress don’t really believe the Big Lie, but they are gutless cowards who would kill their own mothers if that’s what it took to get re-elected. The idiot voters believe it, just like they don’t believe in climate change. So their reps have to say they believe it too. If not, they will get primaried.
How do the Republican lawmakers expect to restore public confidence after this  ridiculous public display of cowardice.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Shila
How do the Republican lawmakers expect to restore public confidence after this  ridiculous public display of cowardice.
restoring public confidence (or leadership) is not their priority. Their priority is getting elected.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I don't think it is stupidity that keeps Republicans from acknowledging Trump's Big Lie as a lie.  I think everybody knows it is a lie.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
If Biden is the best that American Democracy can offer, then Democracy itself is the big lie.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

73% of Democrats do NOT want  Biden to run again.

Forget the general election. The fact that Democrats only had Biden to pick from the Democrat primary with only a modicum of support shows the system is absolutely as broken as can be.

Democrats deserve better, forget about the rest of America.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@oromagi
I don't think it is stupidity that keeps Republicans from acknowledging Trump's Big Lie as a lie.  I think everybody knows it is a lie.
Not the stupidity of republican politicians, just their voters.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
If Biden is the best that American Democracy can offer, then Democracy itself is the big lie.
Democracy is a reflection of the people it governs. The reason Biden was the democratic choice is because he was according to the data, best suited to stop the manbaby republican voters put in office.

Start taking governing seriously and you might start seeing better candidates.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
I get that and I don't dispute that. What I take issue with is that he was the only choice allowed for the voters, a choice most Democrats are clearly not happy with today. That has to change if the people are going to continue to believe they have a say in the government.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
What do you mean he was the only choice allowed for the voters? I just explained why he was not.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
So you believe there are no gatekeepers in the DNC that rig the primaries and limit choices? That's a bold claim.

Even if you believed that, Democrats still deserve better than Biden.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
So you believe there are no gatekeepers in the DNC that rig the primaries and limit choices? That's a bold claim.
I don’t recall making that claim. 

Define “rig the primaries”. Specifically, do you believe that the candidates who receive the most votes get the delegates for their states?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
I just can't believe you can be serious by saying Biden was the best person out of millions of eligible Americans to beat Trump.

Prove me wrong.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You are a broken record. 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
I just can't believe you can be serious by saying Biden was the best person out of millions of eligible Americans to beat Trump.

Prove me wrong.
Look at the polls genius.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Look at the polls genius

There are no polls on that. Only polls on whoever the DNC and rich Democrat lobbyists decided to back.

There's no reason for a Democrat voter to fail to demand better from the oligarchic lobbyists to at least do better than Biden.

Democrats deserve better than Biden
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The polls very clearly showed in 2020 that in a hypothetical matchup between Biden and Trump, Biden consistently performed better than any other democratic candidate. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
--> @Shila
restoring public confidence (or leadership) is not their priority. Their priority is getting elected
But getting elected puts them in positions where they have to answer to the people that helped elect them.

Why are Americans working against their own best interests?

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Shila
But getting elected puts them in positions where they have to answer to the people that helped elect them.

Wh6 are Americans working against their own best interests?
It's a cycle.

Republican voters respond to fear and are very easy to trigger, so politicians see an opportunity to further their careers by proclaiming that they will stand up against any threats.

But if there are no threats then there's nothing to stand up against, so republican politician's make them up or just play into made up ones that are gaining steam.

And because the politicians are playing into them, they gain more steam, thus validating the fears of their voters.

And because the fears of these voters are now validated, they go out and vote for any politician standing up against the corresponding threat.

And on it goes...
Shila
Shila
-->
@Double_R
--> @Shila

Wh6 are Americans working against their own best interests?
It's a cycle. 

Republican voters respond to fear and are very easy to trigger, so politicians see an opportunity to further their careers by proclaiming that they will stand up against any threats.

But if there are no threats then there's nothing to stand up against, so republican politician's make them up or just play into made up ones that are gaining steam.

And because the politicians are playing into them, they gain more steam, thus validating the fears of their voters.

And because the fears of these voters are now validated, they go out and vote for any politician standing up against the corresponding threat.

And on it goes...
Who has the advantage promoting the fear of Putin, Republicans or Democrats?

Trump tried to be friendly with Putin, Kim Jung and a host of dictators. And yet he lost 2020.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Shila

Trump tried to be friendly with Putin, Kim Jung and a host of dictators. And yet he lost 2020.
Democrats aren't against dictators because they're afraid of them. They're against dictators because they epitomize everything this country was founded against.

Republicans used to understand this, and then Trump came along and warped the minds of half the country, which to this day is still his most impressive accomplishment.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Double_R
--> @Shila

Democrats aren't against dictators because they're afraid of them. They're against dictators because they epitomize everything this country was founded against.

Republicans used to understand this, and then Trump came along and warped the minds of half the country, which to this day is still his most impressive accomplishment
But Trump demoralized every American institution, looked stupid before the UN body, refused to accept he lost the 2020  elections and now he is going to face charges of fraud, tax evasion, sedition, obstruction of Justice and a mentally unstable. 
But is even more embarrassing is half the country picked Trump as their president.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
The polls very clearly showed in 2020 that in a hypothetical matchup between Biden and Trump, Biden consistently performed better than any other democratic candidate. 

They also clearly showed Democrats do not like the choices the DNC lobbyists chose to back. When are Democrat voters going to demand better?

Don't Democrats deserve better than Biden? Or is it "shutup peon and vote for who we back because that is true American 'Democracy'"

Maybe if you actually fixed the broken Democracy instead of blindly defending a crony and corrupt system, you would not have to worry about people like Trump or Biden exploiting the broken system. Because believe me, there will be more exploiters in the future. They all won't be named Trump, and you cannot stop them all while defending  establishment "Democracy."
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@coal
Are you really from Malta?