Trump dials up the HATE and the HYPOCRISY

Author: Sidewalker

Total: 27
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker

Trump dials up the hate, during a time of increasing political violence he invites violence on Mitch McConnel and his wife.  At the same time this racist, insurrectionist, defamation machine that can hardly speak without flinging defamatory remarks at anyone who opposes him, hypocritically sues CNN for using word like “racist” and “insurrectionist” to refer to him.

Is this dangerous lunatic simply desperate for attention or what? I expect that next he will go after Desantis for stealing his spotlight.  
He bragged that his base thinks murder is OK, and to them five dead is a peaceful protest, if one of his many crazies kills McConnel, should he be held accountable?   

Trump's violent rhetoric conjures chilling echoes as midterms loom | CNN Politics
The former President dialed up the hate another notch last week with a social media post that accused Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, with whom he has a strained relationship, of having a “death wish” and flung racism at his wife, former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao. In another escalation, Trump recently slammed FBI agents as “vicious monsters” over the lawful search of his Florida home.

Trump files $475 million defamation lawsuit against CNN | AP News
Trump’s lawsuit claims “The Big Lie” phrase CNN uses, “is intended to aggravate, scare and trigger people,” while he does his best to “aggravate, scare and trigger people”.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Trump who?

My attention span isn't longer than 2 years. sorry.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
CNN is about as irrelevant as Trump is now. Only radicals care about either CNN or Trump nowadays. CNN is also under new management and has already fired nearly everyone that was relevant 2 years ago.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Sidewalker
Trump is often his own worst enemy when it comes to unforced errors. Two questions:

1. What do you think about a President Harris in 2024?
2. Who would be your preferred presidential candidate from both parties in 2024?

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@cristo71
Trump is often his own worst enemy when it comes to unforced errors. Two questions:

1. What do you think about a President Harris in 2024?
I would hate that, not sure why exactly, but I have a bad visceral reaction to Harris, plus the primaries showed me she doesn't know how to win.

2. Who would be your preferred presidential candidate from both parties in 2024?
Not sure about the Democrat, too soon to tell maybe.

As an ex-Republican who left the party because of Trump and what he did to the party, I'd like to see Trump run again, he's turned losing into a lifestyle, I think we can count on him to lose again.  Of course, that assumes he's not in prison by 2024, if so, then Desantis, he seems to trying to out-Trump Trump.

The radical right controls the Republican primary, but they give us candidates that can't win a general election.  To win a primary they have to throw red meat at the snarling Trump base, but the Trump base isn't enough to win a general election.  

What I hope for most, is Andrew Yang doesn't run as a Forward candidate, I was a big fan of his but if he runs he will gaurantee a Republican win.

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Sidewalker
That’s a bummer; this is my main curiosity… from anyone who is rooting against the GOP…

As an ex-Republican who left the party because of Trump and what he did to the party, I'd like to see Trump run again, he's turned losing into a lifestyle, I think we can count on him to lose again. 
Odd— you would rather the source of your frustration return to the helm of the party than fade into irrelevancy? You have essentially given up the GOP for dead and write it off as being beyond repair for the rest of your days?

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@cristo71
That’s a bummer; this is my main curiosity… from anyone who is rooting against the GOP…
I'm thinking it depends on the Republican candidate.

As an ex-Republican who left the party because of Trump and what he did to the party, I'd like to see Trump run again, he's turned losing into a lifestyle, I think we can count on him to lose again. 
Odd— you would rather the source of your frustration return to the helm of the party than fade into irrelevancy? You have essentially given up the GOP for dead and write it off as being beyond repair for the rest of your days?
Unfortunately, yes, I think what Trump revealed about the Republican party is that it is broken beyond repair. 

My dissapointment in the party started before Trump actually.  When Obama was running I was a huge McCain fan, people wanted to try to tell me the Republican party was racist and I'd land on them with both feet, but when I saw how Republican's responded to Obama I could help but see it as racially motivated, it was clearly racism that elevated Trump to party ruler.  He showed the Republicans they could win if they embraced white supremacists, they took that Faustian deal and in my eyes, they can never get thier soul back.

What I hate most about Trump is what he revealed to me about the Anerican people, in the last 15 years I went from ashamed to be a Republican, to ashamed to be an American, to ashamed to be a white man, realistically,  I don't think I can ever go back to the Republican party.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 When Obama was running I was a huge McCain fan
What was the allure of McCain?

I voted for Obama over McCain  believing the Republican party was forever lost to the Neocons in 2008.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
I voted for Obama over McCain  believing the Republican party was forever lost to the Neocons in 2008.
Ha! Me, too! I see our invasion of Iraq as one of America’s greatest foreign policy blunders, and we’ve made a few doozies…

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Trump is going to run because being a prominent Presidential candidate buys him a lot of deference and delay in the courtroom.  Win or lose (almost certainly lose) it helps his legal problems and funding problems big time and Trump does not give a single fuck whether that's good for the GOP or not.  If the GOP doesn't want him, he will certainly run independent. (and if the GOP does want him, Cheney had all but promised to run a spoiler campaign.)   The best thing that could happen to the GOP is the death of Trump.

Likewise, Harris' best shot is if Biden dies in office and soon- giving her a shot at some executive experience before 2024.  I don't think Harris wins a head-to-head against Trump or DeSantis.  Personally, I prefer moderate technocrats and I like the idea of a Buttigieg/Booker kind of ticket.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Ha! Me, too! I see our invasion of Iraq as one of America’s greatest foreign policy blunders, and we’ve made a few doozies…

Yah, It's so sad people on the left completely misunderstand the Obama/Trump voters. They are a huge block.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
If the left REALLY wants to see republicans lose, they should get Liz Cheney on the ticket.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@oromagi
Trump is going to run because being a prominent Presidential candidate buys him a lot of deference and delay in the courtroom.  Win or lose (almost certainly lose) it helps his legal problems and funding problems big time and Trump does not give a single fuck whether that's good for the GOP or not.  If the GOP doesn't want him, he will certainly run independent. (and if the GOP does want him, Cheney had all but promised to run a spoiler campaign.)   The best thing that could happen to the GOP is the death of Trump.
I would love to see Trump run as an independant, that would be awesome.

Likewise, Harris' best shot is if Biden dies in office and soon- giving her a shot at some executive experience before 2024.  I don't think Harris wins a head-to-head against Trump or DeSantis. 
Yeah, that whole devoid of charisma thing would hurt her, I think she peaked at something like 15% in the primaries and didn't even lead in California, I can't believe Biden picked her, I was rooting for Abrams, or Deming, I really have no idea what he was thinking when he picked her.  

Personally, I prefer moderate technocrats and I like the idea of a Buttigieg/Booker kind of ticket.  
I think Buttigieg and Booker are great, just don't think that either one could win.  Of course, I've been wrong before, hell, I don't think a single week during the primaries went by without me predicting the demise of Trump's candidacy, then when we won the nomination I would have bet my life he was going to lose huge, so I'm not very good at predicting.   I mean, how do you predict anything when you feel like you are trapped in a Fellini movie?

“Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future!” - Niels Bohr
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
It amazes me that some Americans are so ignorant that it took Trump for them to realize democracy was all messed up and that entrenched people in DC are the ones that have mattered for 8 decades.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Greyparrot

--> @cristo71
It amazes me that some Americans are so ignorant that it took Trump for them to realize democracy was all messed up and that entrenched people in DC are the ones that have mattered for 8 decades.
Putting Trump in jail with prove to all Americans they are not above the law.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Shila
Putting Trump in jail with prove to all Americans they are not above the law.
The problem is it will only prove that to half of Americans, to the other half it will prove that we have political retribution.  The two sides of this divided country inhabit two different countries, it's two different news sources, two different ways of thinking, two different ways of seeing the things that happen.  Trump told his people "Don't believe what you see and hear, believe what I tell you", and they did.

It will be a long time before anything can get proven to all Americans .
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Shila
Putting Trump in jail with prove to all Americans they are not above the law

Which does absolutely nothing to fix democracy where lobbyists control all legislation instead of the voters no matter who you elect.

We are stuck with the same broken system because there isn't a jail large enough to fit all the people who really destroyed American democracy over the past 80 years.

Trump isn't even in political office and yet the people still can't get any legislative relief from the current problems.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
It will be a long time before anything can get proven to all Americans .

Prove what? That all the shit Americans suffered in the past 2 years would have been avoided if a politician out of power was in jail instead? Give me a break man.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
It will be a long time before anything can get proven to all Americans .

Prove what?
Anything, pay attention.

That all the shit Americans suffered in the past 2 years would have been avoided if a politician out of power was in jail instead? Give me a break man.
Take a break, and maybe while you're at it get a dictionary and look up the word anything.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
prove Anything...

Well lets start with proving to Americans like yourself that not even close to half of the country isn't currently being represented in DC right now. By the latest polls, MAYBE 30 percent of Americans can stomach the lies from the current government in power.

I don't know what dictionary you are using bud, but that sure as hell don't look like democracy.
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
Idk about dialing up the hypocrisy as I don't see it as that, he's always been a hypocrite but this is hardly a dial-up of that.

As for 'dialing up the hatred' Trump was an islamophobic, anti-Latino, anti-China candidate from the start who had rhetoric on certain topics that implied he resents feminism and all foreigners.

The people who voted for him in the primaries are either bigots of the severe kind, psychopaths who want America for the elite (oh yes, he was deeply for the elite) or morons who thought 'let's vote the biggest scumbag just because we're immature and want to ruin democracy and tHe EsTaBLiShMeNt'.

Nobody is more establishment than a filthy rich cunt who went from funding Hillary against Obama to running against her later.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Yep, business as usual. That's American democracy where the names change, but it doesn't matter anyway.
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
He was also very quick to condemn any black alleged criminals when asked his opinion and encouraged and still stands by police brutality against the Central Park 5.

The man is a narcissistic waste of space, not much we can do about it. I do wonder though what I'd do in the shoes of one of his sons, would I give in to my dad's blackmail or stand for what's morally correct?

I pity his children, they're so rich but so enslaved all at once, let alone his grandchildren.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
prove Anything...

Well lets start with proving to Americans like yourself that not even close to half of the country isn't being represented in DC right now. By the latest polls, MAYBE 30 percent of Americans can stomach the lies from the current government in power.
The Hitler youth disapproves of democracy, gee whiz, that's not something you see every day...oh wait, yes it is, every day, go figure.

I don't know what dictionary you are using bud, but that sure as hell don't look like democracy.
You looked up the wrong word, you were supposed to look up anything, pay attention.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Yep, that 30 percent will always be with us.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Yep, that 30 percent will always be with us.
Snowflakes and thier alternative facts, making my point and he doesn't even know it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
I wouldn't call the 30 percent of people who think the current government works for them snowflakes. Just gullible at best. Maybe privileged at worst.