Trump’s mentor was gay - Do Trump supporters know this?

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 54
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Maggie Haberman of The NY Times just wrote a book about Donald Trump - Confidence Man. It has some surprising revelations.

“Trump’s chief mentor, and a consigliere to most of the big shots named above, was the legendary underworld and overworld fixer Roy Cohn. The pampered son of a kingpin in Bronx Democratic politics, long notorious for his McCarthyite Red Scare grandstanding, Cohn, as Haberman details, connected Trump with Roger Stone as well as with organized crime while giving him master classes in high-stakes con-man strategy and tactics. Whenever Trump today intimidates the press with threats of retaliation, whenever he defends his aggressions by claiming to be the victim, whenever he calls his accusers (especially if they represent the federal government) life-destroying, treasonous “scum,” he is channeling his mentor, Cohn”

Although Cohn always denied his homosexuality in public, he had a few known boyfriends over the course of his life, including his assistant Russell Eldridge, who died from AIDS in 1984, and Peter Fraser, Cohn's partner for the last two years of his life, who was 30 years his junior.[84][85]
Speculation about Cohn's sexuality intensified following his death from AIDS in 1986.[8] In a 2008 article published in The New YorkerJeffrey Toobin quotes erstwhile Cohn associate Roger Stone: "Roy was not gay. He was a man who liked having sex with men. Gays were weak, effeminate. He always seemed to have these young blond boys around. It just wasn't discussed. He was interested in power and access."[86]

In 1986, Cohn was disbarred by the Appellate Division of the New York State Supreme Court for unethical conduct after attempting to defraud a dying client by forcing the client to sign a will amendment leaving him his fortune.[6] He died five weeks later from AIDS-related complications,[7] having vehemently denied that he was suffering from HIV.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I would not call Roy Cohn's sexuality a surprising revelation.  For example, Cohn is an important character in the Pulitzer Prize winning play Angels in America.  The main character is dying of AIDS but Cohn's gay nurse steals Cohn's AZT after his death in exchange for being possessed by the ghost of Ethel Rosenberg for the purpose of singing the Jewish Prayer for the Dead over Cohn (Cohn first rose to fame prosecuting the Rosenbergs).  Amazing scene played by Al Pacino as Cohn, Jeffrey Wright as Belize the nurse and Meryl Streep as Ethel Rosenberg in the movie.

Not everybody knows that Roger Stone is gay in the same sort of tradition as Cohn.  He was far more of an insider in the Republican party until the National Enquirer reported on his habit of advertising for gymrat hunk hookups in Miami and NY and Bob Dole had to fire him from his position as his campaign's Youth Outreach Manager.  If you are wondering what ever happened to Milo Yiannopoulis he is basically Stone's dark Apprentice (and also intern for Marjorie Taylor Greene)

Let's not forget that Cohn also introduced Trump and Stone to Jeffrey Epstein.  When you understand that Stone and Epstein spent decades in New York hooking up powerful people with secret sex partners for leverage and blackmail, Trump's seemingly strange ability to make people self destruct their respectable careers for him makes more sense (Lindsey Graham, Rudy Giuliani, Alan Dershowitz, Bill Barr, Ken Starr, etc).  I think that's why the GOP destroyed Madison Cawthorne's career overnight just for saying that there was a lot of drugs and gay sex at the heart of Republican politics.  I assume that blackmail is the core dynamic that holds the GOP together right now, Roy Cohn's great legacy.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
Anthony Fauci killed tens of thousands of gay men by deliberately forcing a fatal dose of AZT on them.
coal
coal
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
What a daft OP.

Trump is, and has always been, a supporter of gay rights. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
I do hope that nobody believes Coal's YT links over actions of what Trump has actually done:

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Roy Cohn, The Man Who Taught Donald Trump Everything He Knows

"Roy Cohn has been called the most malevolent force in 20th-century American politics — and that was before mentoring a young Donald Trump in mafia-style politics."
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@coal
Oh no! let's make sure Trump supporters know he Financed Jessie Jackson's campaign, got praise from the NAACP, and has a Jewish family too.... Oh wait...

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@coal
Anthony Fauci killed tens of thousands of gay men by deliberately forcing a fatal dose of AZT on them.
What’s your source for that?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@coal
Trump is, and has always been, a supporter of gay rights. 
Is the Republican Party a supporter of gay rights? How about trans rights?

coal
coal
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Do you even know what AZT is?  
coal
coal
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Is the Republican Party a supporter of gay rights? How about trans rights?
So you're going to try to shift the scope and move the goalpost, as you have implicitly conceded the stupidity of your OP in view of what I wrote? 

coal
coal
-->
@oromagi
 I think that's why the GOP destroyed Madison Cawthorne's career overnight just for saying that there was a lot of drugs and gay sex at the heart of Republican politics. 
I agree with this sentence.  There is, and always has been, a lot of drugs and gay sex at the heart of Republican politics.

They just misread Madison Cawthorne.  Who, by all counts, comes across as a bratty little fag that would probably take some daddy dick right up his handicapped little ass. 
coal
coal
I do hope that nobody believes Coal's YT links over actions of what Trump has actually done . . . 
The historical record speaks for itself.  Trump has always been pro-gay rights.  The pathetic attempt to claim otherwise by DNC trash publications do not change objective reality.  

That people are so blindly gaslit by this garbage never fails to amaze me. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
That would explain why he appointed himiphobic supreme court judges and why every single homophobe in America most likely voted Trump both elections (primaries included)
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@coal
So you're going to try to shift the scope and move the goalpost,
The post is as much about idiot Trump supporters as the idiot Trump himself 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@coal
They just misread Madison Cawthorne.  Who, by all counts, comes across as a bratty little fag that would probably take some daddy dick right up his handicapped little ass. 
Another Trump supporter exposed as deplorable. You are a disgraceful human being.

Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
I don't see how this would affect Trump supporters even if we granted that they do not support homosexuality. This whole topic seems to be a most peculiarly poorly constructed attack on a diverse group of people, and it does not come off looking good, assuming that was the intention. Much the opposite. 
coal
coal
Another Trump supporter exposed as deplorable. You are a disgraceful human being.
According to you, anyone who disagrees with whatever stupid shit you come up with is a Trump supporter? 

How lovely.  You stupid child. 

I did not vote for Trump, have not voted for Trump and actively opposed him in the 2016 primary.  

coal
coal
-->
@Novice_II
I don't see how this would affect Trump supporters even if we granted that they do not support homosexuality. This whole topic seems to be some of the most peculiarly poorly constructed attack on a diverse group of people, and it does not come off looking good, assuming that was the intention. Much the opposite. 
Very well stated.  I fully agree. 

Roosevelt just likes to rage on behalf of the DNC machine from time to time. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Novice_II
I don't see how this would affect Trump supporters even if we granted that they do not support homosexuality. 
Trump supporters like Trump because of his racist tropes.

But Trump supporters might change their mind about him if they knew he was groomed by a gay man, because Republicans are not only racist, they are homophobic. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I did not vote for Trump, have not voted for Trump and actively opposed him in the 2016 primary.  
Of course. Of course you are not a Trump supporter. He’s not anti-gay enough for you. But you’re still deplorable.

Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Trump supporters like Trump because of his racist tropes.
  • What is the argument for that? 
Republicans are not only racist, they are homophobic. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Novice_II
This whole topic seems to be a most peculiarly poorly constructed attack on a diverse group of people,
Is it your belief that Republicans celebrate diversity?

Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I believe that Republicans are a diverse group of people, just like I stated. Not that they don't celebrate diversity, I just don't believe you are reading or understanding the precise claims here. As for your claims above, I understand them precisely because I am reading what you state, as well as asking for the arguments to both propositions. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Novice_II
Are you stupid? Or just doing the Tucker Carlson fake “I don’t understand”

Trump attracts support from known racist organizations identified by the Southern PovertyLaw Center - The Proud Boys, the KKK, The Oath Keepers etc.

Trump became popular with the Republican base when he asserted the racist trope that Obama was not an American citizen.

Trump introduced himself as a candidate by saying Mexicans bring drugs, are rapists…

Trump attempted to ban Muslims from traveling to the United States.

Trump horrifically separated migrant and refugee children from their parents to scare others from coming to this country.

They oppose equal rights for LGBTQ people and gay marriage 

Just recently, Trump used the racist dog whistle - the N word as a reference to nuclear 

Make America Great Again is a euphemism for Make America White Again. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Novice_II
I believe that Republicans are a diverse group of people,
Really? You really believe that? And they do or do not celebrate diversity? They celebrate differences in this country in terms of religion, language, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, sexual identity?

Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Really? You really believe that? 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Novice_II
  • If so, we can move on to the arguments for any other propositions, if not, I expect a counter argument. 
Your so called proof in those links doesn’t backup what you are saying. And 4 groups out of dozens in the American electorate hardly makes the Republican Party or its voters a diverse group. Republicans are generally white, male, straight, older, non-college, and a church going Christians.

They are less likely to be a person of color, female, LGBTQ, young, college educated, Jewish, Muslim or atheist.

One of your links had this summary: “We find that Democrats are more educated, racially diverse, and ideologically heterogeneous than Republicans. Republicans are more likely to have higher levels of income than Democrats, lower levels of education, and are more likely to adopt nativist views of what it means to be a “real” American”

Republicans do not celebrate diversity. They prefer all Americans to be white, straight, and Christian.

Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Can you give me an argument as to why evidence of demographic variety does not evidence diversity which is defined as variety?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Novice_II
Yes, Republicans do not represent a “a great deal of variety”

They have some woman and some Hispanics but less than the Democrats, and not much else.

They have a negligible amount of blacks, Asians, LGBTQ, non Christian, young, college educated, immigrant, non English speaking voters.