The Supreme Court sharply rejects Trump’s appeal

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 5
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to reinstate Judge Aileen M. Cannon’s order that a special master review classified documents taken in an FBI search of Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump’s Florida home and private club.

There were no noted dissents to the court’s unsigned, one-sentence order. It amounted to a quick and sharp rejection of an emergency request by the former president to intervene in the high-profile document review, which is part of an ongoing criminal investigation of the potential mishandling of classified material after Trump left the White House.

But idiot Republicans will still believe the “Deep State” is trying to frame Trump. Even though Trump appointed 3 of the 9 justices on the mostly conservative court.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Translation: I don’t think the court is illegitimate when it does something I agree with

IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ILikePie5
Translation: I don’t think the court is illegitimate when it does something I agree with
Better translation: Even a bunch of partisan ideologues aren’t going to uphold nonsense.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Better translation: Even a bunch of illegitimate partisan ideologues aren’t going to uphold nonsense.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I thought it made a lot of sense to have an independent third party review everything. After all, nobody thinks having an inspector general is a bad idea. This is no different.

But SCOTUS can rule what it wants to rule. They have been a rather liberal court for "conservatives." Kavanaugh and Barrett were HUGE disappointments, even on abortion. I have no idea why liberals hate them so much. They are hardly conservative.

The only three justices on that court who are true conservatives are Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch. Barrett and Kavanaugh are center-right at best, and hard left at worst.