There is no compromising with MAGA Republicans. They are today’s slave holders

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 151
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
“Substitute “election denier” for “the South,” and you have a fair approximation of the current state of American politics. Now, one side believes its viewpoint is essential to maintaining its power and its conception of America. It insists its followers can be “seen” only if the rest of us agree with their delusions and conspiracies. Sorry, but in a democracy, there is no compromise with that mentality. Buying into the “big lie” and white nationalism means rejecting the premise of constitutional government based on the creed “All men are created equal.”

“The MAGA perspective explains the constant anger of a shrinking segment of Whites who, as George Mason University political scientist Ashley Jardina told the New York Times, feel “really threatened [so] are willing to reject democratic norms because they see it as a way to protect their status.” These Americans believe they’ve been deprived their “due” of elite status by a changing country”

Smart economic policy, - policies that help non-college whites in the heartland

well-selected candidates - not too liberal in states like Pennsylvania or Wisconsin

supercharged organizing  - register and turn out college students and blacks

could provide some hope of returning to the politics of reason and inclusion. But do not underestimate the difficulty of the undertaking.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
lol..."southern strategy derpity derp"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
As if Hillary's big lie about Trump being an illegitimate president and the endless anti-white government policies are the standard for a functioning democracy.

Herpa Derpa.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
The Southern slaveholders were capable of compromise.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@K_Michael
The Southern slaveholders were capable of compromise.
Perhaps you heard the quote “a house divided against itself, cannot stand”. 

It was by a fairly important person in American history 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
As if Hillary's big lie about Trump being an illegitimate president?..
That is not the “Big Lie”

The Big Lie is the election was fraudulent 

Trump did welcome foreign influence in the 2016 election. He admitted in an interview on TV he didn’t think there was anything wrong with doing such a thing. The intelligence community all agreed the Russians interfered in that election to help Trump win. People around Trump had multiple contacts with known Russian agents, and lied to both the FBI and Congress about those contacts. As you know, Trump’s campaign met with Russians in Trump Tower.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
endless anti-white government policies
I knew you were a neo-Nazi

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
 constitutional government based on the creed “All men are created equal.
I find it a bit odd that the constitutional government is based on a phrase that’s not in the constitution

Jefferson is turning over in his grave that egalitarian lunatics are so vigorously misusing his phrase 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
I find it a bit odd that the constitutional government is based on a phrase that’s not in the constitution
I find you a bit odd. The Constitution is a blueprint for a government that respects the ideals found in the Declaration of Independence.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
And when he said all men are created equal, what do you suppose that he meant?

I find it equally odd that the people wanting to tear down Jefferson statues are also the people who cannot keep themselves from quoting him
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Certified "This is how we get a civil war" Moment
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Jefferson is turning over in his grave that egalitarian lunatics are so vigorously misusing his phrase 

Almost as bad as basing immigration law and policy off of a poem on a statue...
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
And when he said all men are created equal, what do you suppose that he meant?
All human beings on earth. Who do you think they meant?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Almost as bad as basing immigration law and policy off of a poem on a statue...
Right, obviously the poem was speaking about white people only.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Lol, nobody is created equal. If you think that, then you are a science denier.
Jefferson was speaking in terms of human rights you racist jack ass

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Lol, nobody is created equal in all things. If you think that, then you are a science denier.

Jefferson was speaking in terms of human rights

Lol, wrong again. Care to try for strike 3? 

Pretty sure humans are not considered "the creator"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Since we are getting hung up on the DOI in this thread...

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
Sounds like a sound remedy for the unabated authoritarianism America is under the grip of right now.

Seems like the people who want to create an authoritarian democracy in a constitutional republic should be put down as traitors like the DOI says we should. It's the only justifiable remedy for all the FBI violations, the COVID lockdown and mandate violations, the violations on peaceful protests, and the IRS violations. You know...since these are violations of rights endowed by the creator..
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Sounds like a sound remedy for the unabated authoritarianism America is under the grip of right now.
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
What is the argument for the proposition "MAGA Republicans are today’s slave holders"?
  • I am not seeing where you lay out an argument for this. 

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
The Southern slaveholders were capable of compromise.
Perhaps you heard the quote “a house divided against itself, cannot stand”. 

It was by a fairly important person in American history 

The same person was elected under the two party system. Either the "house" of the US has not stood since Washington stepped down and the party system took over, or it takes a little bit more than that to cripple the "house."
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@Novice_II
What is the argument for the proposition "MAGA Republicans are today’s slave holders"?
Don't bother. You can't convince crazy.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Public-Choice
It certainly is unfortunate that he is like this, but he seems to completely fold when asked to actually lay out an inference for any of his claims - as seen from here (https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8069/post-links/350341). 
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@Novice_II
Goodness reading that was painful.

You: cites proof literally proving what you are saying.

FDR: says you're wrong.

You: show how the dictionary definition agrees with your interpretation and your data.

FDR: says, without evidence, that you're wrong and just restarted his position without proving it.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Public-Choice
That is the issue with many of the left-leaning people on this platform; a lot of them (like IwantRooseveltagain) seem insane to me.
RationalMadman
Debates: 566
RationalMadman
-->
@Novice_II
It must be difficult seeing everyone else as insane. At least you will find good company on your side of the aisle, they'll prove you correct on what you see people as.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@RationalMadman
I am not sure I understand what you are stating. I am not suggesting that I am not willing to engage an insane/evil person. In fact, I asked the user in question for an argument for his claim. Can you give clarity on anything else you are implying? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Novice_II
I am 'implying' that if either side has people who are more insane and in denial it's the right wing.

The left wing tend to seek therapy at best or at worst look up the issues they have because the progressive approach to insanity is to accept it, understand it and nurture it. The right-wing approach to absolutely anything that's not immediately appealing is to call it disgusting, disassociate oneself from it and bury any evidence that one may have it, be it homosexuality, insanity, stupidity, unusual looks etc.

As for why I think the right-wing are more insane, it is because right-wing and definitely conservative views are rooted in circular thinking very often while the left-wing liberal views involve fluidity of thought even if the thoughts are stupid, they at least have some level of 'this because that' to them.

Take any issue and I will show it to you.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@RationalMadman
So the claim is: "...right-wing and definitely conservative views are rooted in circular thinking very often while the left-wing liberal views involve fluidity of thought even if the thoughts are stupid, they at least have some level of 'this because that' to them.
  • What is the argument for that? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Novice_II
On which issue? Take an issue they are divided on and I will give the argument for it.

I am saying it's a consistent rule.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@RationalMadman
Okay, what is the circularity within the conservative position on abortion, that makes use of more logical circularity when placed proportional to the left wing abortion position.