Can we limit a users threads?

Author: thett3

Total: 81
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
The politics section is completely unusable right now, it’s pure low effort spam from IWantRooseveltAgain and Greyparrot. I’m also not a fan of Oragami basically copy pasting MSNBC but he doesn’t do it as much as these two

Greyparrot sorry buddy <3 u but the low effort threads are a problem 

thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
@IwantRooseveltagain
Time to hang up the hat boys, leave the thread poasting to true midwits such as myself 
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
Make better threads, first amendment advocate.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
I was going to the other day but knew it would just get swamped by spam 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Sounds like the left when they want to cancel right wingers.

Grind it out, be more entertaining or say hey, you know what, I am not keeping it alive, they are.

If they are not toxic, their rate of posting is their freedom and keeping a dead site's subforum from the brink of stagnation into a coma.

I'd take a shitposter with passion over a lurker with moany vibes any day.

That said, in the religion forums BrotherD and some other did make it so their actual harassment, not just spamming, drove sensible posters away and I am glad that got handled.

Someone's shitpost is another's wisdom or comedy gold. I firmly believe it. It is a bit like a BDSM crowd wherr you are repulsed by their kink and want to ruin their safe space so it becomes more palatable to your kinks vs limits.

Learn to coexist. Yes, that is coming from me. Despite what everyone says about me, I was never a fan of censorship on anything other than bullying or harmful encouragement to genuinely hate a demographic to serious levels.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@thett3
Are all these facts too much for you? Just balance it out with OAN time and you will continue to be a moron.
thett3
thett3
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I get my news from sources far more reliable and respectable than OAN, thank you very much (anonymous people on twitter)
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
It’s just hard to see the point of posting on this site when I have to scroll through dozens of threads with vitriolic sub 90 iq “analysis” before there’s anything worth reading. I hate rules more than almost anyone else but at some point things become unusable 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I won't disagree because you are allowed to feel anger and displeasure. If you think censoring them is the way to go, make a case for it. I beg to differ.

This ought to be a safe haven for people who want to argue and even troll without degenerate bullying and harassment coming their way. Only the bulliesshould be censored and those that advocate very dangerous, damaging acts.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
I am ok with this.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@thett3
I get my news from sources far more reliable and respectable than OAN
I doubt it. Please list your three best sources for news. I wish you were joking about getting your news from anonymous people on Twitter but sadly you are not.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Anyone who wants real news should read the DART Bard!
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@thett3
The politics section is completely unusable right now, it’s pure low effort spam from IWantRooseveltAgain and Greyparrot. I’m also not a fan of Oragami basically copy pasting MSNBC but he doesn’t do it as much as these two

Greyparrot sorry buddy <3 u but the low effort threads are a problem
Maybe you could try not reading the threads you don't want to read.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the site isn't going to start censuring threads based on whether you like them or not. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
@thett3
We can't put whack job conspiracy theorists in the lab to study them, all we can do is observe them in thier natural habitat, the Internet.

So please, in the interest of science, leave Greyparrot's posts alone :)
thett3
thett3
-->
@Sidewalker
Maybe you could try not reading the threads you don't want to read.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the site isn't going to start censuring threads based on whether you like them or not. 
Threads like “Republican Senate candidate in Nevada is literally a bastard” and “There is no compromising with MAGA Republicans. They are today’s slave holders” are of zero value. It’s true that I don’t have to read them, but since they are crowding out everything else I increasingly find myself not reading anything on this site at all. I seriously doubt I’m alone. If the owner and mods of this site are okay with that it is what it is, but if I were in charge I would try to clean it up a little  
thett3
thett3
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Please list your three best sources for news.
A guy with a frog avatar, a guy with an avatar of the hispanic kid from the magic schoolbus, and of course I subscribe to the New York Times 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@thett3
I disagree that those threads have no value. Yes, they are full of hyperbole and mudslinging. However, American politics is full of hyperbole and mudslinging. So while we should try to conduct ourselves responsibly and think critically rather than resort to kneejerk reactions, I think there is value in discussing such things.

On the other hand, I agree with you that there should also be more substantive topics. Though I find myself agreeing with RM that, if you don't like the current threads, starting your own is a good way to achieve that goal.
thett3
thett3
-->
@SirAnonymous
On the other hand, I agree with you that there should also be more substantive topics. Though I find myself agreeing with RM that, if you don't like the current threads, starting your own is a good way to achieve that goal.
Go skim my old threads. Some of them are low effort or whatever but in the good ones the OP takes like 30 mins to an hour to write. It’s not worth the effort if it’s just going to be immediately buried under a dozen spam threads that have already driven off anyone intelligent. I don’t have to poast here, there’s a reason I haven’t in months because why would I? If people think the politics section is better off with hardly any posts from people like me, Danielle, double_r, ramshutu, bbmrocks, Morningstar, RM, oragamo when he isn’t just copy pasting MSNBC etc and instead be 90% low effort posts from people like Roosevelt and Greyparrot when he’s trolling that’s fine but that’s how you get a death spiral 
thett3
thett3
Could anyone seriously imagine a potential user of any merit whatsoever seeing the politics section right now and saying “oh yeah I want in”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
lol :)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
You might be underestimating how many people read your long posts. It's too bad there is no counter for that besides the like feature.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@thett3
A guy with a frog avatar, a guy with an avatar of the hispanic kid from the magic schoolbus, and of course I subscribe to the New York Times 
You are not a serious adult. Perhaps there are some children sites you would more enjoy.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@SirAnonymous
Anyone who wants real news should read the DART Bard!
What is this?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@thett3
30 mins to an hour to write. 
30 minutes of nonsense is still just nonsense.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@thett3
Go skim my old threads. Some of them are low effort or whatever but in the good ones the OP takes like 30 mins to an hour to write.
I just skimmed them. Pretty sad.

Here are a few predictions of mine for the next 20-50 years: 
This last thread you posted, is this an example of the content you think “intelligent people” want to see?

Your predictions  about a pill to end obesity is not very interesting to me and I predict few others, especially “users of merit”

But I do agree with you the GreyParrot is an idiot.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@thett3
These posts do not technically violate any sort of CoC rules despite the low effort they put into them so we can not restrict either of them 
thett3
thett3
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
This last thread you posted, is this an example of the content you think “intelligent people” want to see?
Well not everything has the intellectual rigor of “There is no compromising with MAGA Republicans. They are today’s slave holders” 

Your predictions  about a pill to end obesity is not very interesting to me and I predict few others, especially “users of merit”
That says more about you than me lol. Serious weight loss pills are already on their way and it’ll be a very interesting transition to go from close to half the population being obese to a healthy weight within a decade or so
thett3
thett3
-->
@Vader
I guess I’ll have to start snitching on him whenever he insults me/others in the hopes of getting him banned then. I don’t think Roosevelt should be banned at all I just think he should politely but firmly be told to stop clogging up the website with low effort spam. The community here is small enough that you can deal with situations on a case by case basis
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Anyone who wants real news should read the DART Bard!
What is this?
I guess you hadn't joined when the last edition came out. It's a satire newspaper I write about events on DART. However, I disappear for months at a time, so it's very irregularly published. There are links to previous editions on my profile if you're interested.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@SirAnonymous
It's a satire newspaper I write about events on DART. 
This country doesn’t need another version of The Onion. We need real newspapers and we need people to stop living in an alternative reality.