Republicans lie to win elections

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 87
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
“Campaign ads have always had a loose association with the nuances of governance. But as the midterm elections tighten into dozens of battlegrounds across the country, a number of GOP ads are showing a breathtaking disregard for accuracy and clarity, with Republican candidates and their allies twisting tangential elements into baseless or misleading claims.
Donald Trump’s candidacy and presidency erased many of the traditional campaign guardrails in the GOP as Republicans adopted his approach of pushing fact-free arguments.

Jason Reifler, a political science professor who taught in Georgia and Illinois before joining the faculty at the University of Exeter in Britain, said Trump introduced a whole new level of lying in politics”

RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
True. They are scumbags serving a bully-focused ideology no question. Rich prey on poor  cis het prey on lgbtq, bully bully bully.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Let's face it, extreme Republicanism is still all about the fear of change from a "white" dominated Christian society to a multicultural egalitarian society.

And I use the term "white" very loosely.

Perhaps I should say Old European.

So of course, the big lie is feigning interest and support for multiculturalists, for the purposes of political gain and the perpetuation of the Old European Christian agenda.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Meanwhile, the Whitehouse has been deleting tweets caught as political lies..... what's going on here!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
Let's face it, extreme Republicanism is still all about the fear of change from a "white" dominated Christian society to a multicultural egalitarian society.

And I use the term "white" very loosely.

Perhaps I should say Old European.
The two most nationalistic nations on the planet that also are the most populous have a population of less than 1 percent of whites and also are not European.

White Europeans usually think they own everything, so we can't blame you for you opinion.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
There have been studies on this and contrary to popular opinion, even first time politicians generally stay true to the platform they set when they campaign.

When Democrats say that Republicans lie they usually mean "we don't like that opinion so it is a lie"

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
When Democrats say that Republicans lie they usually mean "we don't like that opinion so it is a lie"
This is why you have nonsense terms like "mostly true" or "partly true" on "fact check" sites.

An actual fact checking site would have 2 and ONLY 2 ways to describe a fact.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Greyparrot
I wish Republicans would have started the fact check lies first. I am now even seeing under videos that are pro life on YouTube "context warnings" with articles linked to reproductive rights. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
They can now since they own Twitter.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So it's your belief that only Republican politicians lie to win? K then. No need to respond back.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Not sure what you are driving at with the first bit of your reply.

Though secondly, my opinion is my opinion so I'm not certain if either to blame or not to blame is applicable.

And you also state that "White Europeans usually think they own everything". Which loosely agrees with my opinion in relation to Old European America. 

Old European supremacism dressed up as Republicanism, if you like.

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
Biden’s central premise as a candidate was that he would preside as a centrist. It was effective…

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
When Democrats say that Republicans lie they usually mean "we don't like that opinion so it is a lie?
That’s bullshit. Read the article. Look at the examples of lies Republicans have been engaging in. Fact free opinions, like Obama wasn’t born in America are lies, plain and simple, these are not erroneous “opinions”

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
Biden’s central premise as a candidate was that he would preside as a centrist. It was effective…
He is a centrist and speaking as a liberal I don’t like his centrism. And Biden has done so much for states that will never vote for him. The Inflation Reduction Act sent a lot of money to people who will never vote for him. That is contrary to the way Republicans work. The Tax law of 2017 was designed to punish blue state Americans that have high valued homes (with high property taxes) and who pay significant state income tax ( over 20,000 per year)

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@sadolite
So it's your belief that only Republican politicians lie to win? K then. No need to respond back.
K. Trump was documented to have lied over 30,000 times in his 4 years as President. If you don’t think that is extraordinary then you don’t need to do anything.

And these aren’t lies like unkept campaign promises - “I’m gonna create 10 million good paying jobs” - they are factually untrue assertions like “the election was stolen”

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
My point is that your European ethnocentrism wrongly attributes white Republicans (a really tiny population on the globe relatively) as having a monopoly on nationalism.

But like I said, that's the whole point of being ethnocentric and myopic. It justifies simplified and narrow opinions.

Not sure what you are driving at with the first bit of your reply.
So someone who isn't full tilt ethnocentric would easily and quickly understand the references to 2 prominent Asian nations. That's why you are not sure. A more nuanced thinker should have no problems "getting it"
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Obama wasn’t born in America
This is where a lot of the left is dishonest. For example they will say Trump made that claim, but he really just said Obama should be releasing his birth certificate to stop people from questioning it. 

His speculation actually helped because Obama actually released a birth certificate afterwards. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The Inflation Reduction Act sent a lot of money to people who will never vote for him.
Which actually caused inflation to rise since you can only reduce inflation with spending cuts in a recession.
Even Democrats won't vote for increases in Inflation.

@redwave
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
This is where a lot of the left is dishonest. For example they will say Trump made that claim, but he really just said Obama should be releasing his birth certificate to stop people from questioning it. 
His speculation actually helped because Obama actually released a birth certificate afterwards. 
That’s bullshit. He had been using innuendo to suggest Obama wasn’t an American for years.

When Trump spoke with ABC News' Jon Karl in August 2013 in Iowa, he said he was still unsure about the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate.
"Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I’m saying I don’t know. Nobody knows,"

He was playing to racist tropes that a black man can’t be a legitimate President, which is what many racists in America wanted to believe.

Name another President who needed to show his birth certificate. Everyone knew who Obama’s mother was, Stanley Ann Durham. Nobody questioned she was born in America. Therefore there should have been no question or need to see Obama’s birth certificate.

Trump was playing to the racists like you.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Which actually caused inflation to rise since you can only reduce inflation with spending cuts in a recession. 
Even Democrats won't vote for increases in Inflation. 

That’s not true at all. You can increase supply. You can raise interest rates. You can legislate against price gouging and mandate production of oil and other essential products in short supply 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
It would be like me saying you look at children in a strange way and a lot of parents even in your own family don’t feel comfortable letting you near their children.

I never said you were a child molester, but I’m helping you by giving you an opportunity to prove you’re not a child molester.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
He was playing to racist tropes that a black man can’t figure out airline fees,overdraft fees, or voter ID, which is what many racists in America wanted to believe.

What president was that again?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Here’s a summary of Trump’s birtherism campaign

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You can increase supply.
Not by raising taxes. The inflation reduction tax was a massive tax bill which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't also include spending far above CBO estimates for tax revenue which won't be very high in a recession. More unfunded spending means less value of the dollar as the government continues to print money to cover the difference.

You can raise interest rates.
Yes, to trigger a recession that lowers supply. That's basic economics.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You can legislate against price gouging
It's not price gouging if the price reflects the actual low supply of goods. Legislation that tries to artificially set prices and price fix as Jimmy Carter and Nixon tried to do can have terrible effects on future supplies of goods. Anyone who has studied price fixing on housing knows this.

and mandate production of oil and other essential products in short supply 
So become China. No Thanks. Some people want to make America great again instead.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
When Trump spoke with ABC News' Jon Karl in August 2013 in Iowa, he said he was still unsure about the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate.
"Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I’m saying I don’t know. Nobody knows,"

So here is an example of him not saying it is fake.

He was playing to racist tropes that a black man can’t be a legitimate President, which is what many racists in America wanted to believe
That is a bad faith argument. You should probably take a person at their word when they are arguing instead of assuming some malevolent intent based strictly on the fact you just personally don't agree with them on political issues.

Name another President who needed to show his birth certificate. Everyone knew who Obama’s mother was, Stanley Ann Durham. Nobody questioned she was born in America. Therefore there should have been no question or need to see Obama’s birth certificate.
If there are rumors you are lying about your birth place than maybe address them so people can have faith in the system. This ridiculous notion that conspiracy theories aren't created about white presidents is silly. Trump was believed to be a time traveler, bush to have planned 9-11 and Clinton to have killed like 120 people.  

It's silly to think those conspiracies are because people were racist towards Trump Clinton or bush
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
By the way. John mcCain who Obama ran against was challenged by Democrats on his ability to be president because of the circumstances surrounding his birth. We're Obama supporters bringing that up racists? 

Or do we perhaps have a collective anxiety over who the leader of the free world is and want to verify they are fit and eligible for the job, particularly if we believe their interests don't align with our own? 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Shit so many anti whites in America. How dare somebody be accused of not being a natural born citizen. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/07/there-was-a-very-real-birther-debate-about-john-mccain/
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
So here is an example of him not saying it is fake.
Right, and you’re probably not a child molester, I mean maybe you are but maybe you’re not. It’s impossible to know.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
John mcCain who Obama ran against was challenged by Democrats on his ability to be president because of the circumstances surrounding his birth.
That was based on the fact he was born abroad. Which he was. Just like Ted Cruz who was born in Canada. But both of those were never discussed or believed to any significant level and certainly not proposed by Obama. Democrat voters are more sophisticated than Republicans so that kind of nonsense doesn’t gain traction like it easily does with dummy Republicans.