Political violence will come from the LEFTIST LOONS, not anyone from the right...

Author: TWS1405

Total: 16
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405

And despite the lefty conspiracy theories of the idiots of this forum like "IWantRoseveltAgain," among others, all political violence from the past 10 years have predominately come from the left. 

If the summer of 2020 and the aftermath is any indication, this November election day will be a repeat of the left throwing its infinite temper tantrum. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
Well, another political opinion, from a Democratic Republican.

Designed to goad and elicit a response from other Democratic Republicans

That's assuming you are all Democratic Republicans and not fascists or anarchists.

Though such arguments do tend to focus upon the machinations of U.S. style democratic republicanism.

Political Tinseltown if you like.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I think political violence is a bipartisan issue, with the exception of the fact the right tries to distance themselves from people like those on January 6, while the Democrats are like "well yeah the looters saying we should eliminate any funding for police are on to something" or when the Seattle autonomous region was support by the city mayor who forbid the police from returning control
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405
By "political violence will come from" do you mean that the left will incite the violence or that they will commit the violent acts? Both?

this November election day will be a repeat of the left throwing its infinite temper tantrum.
The left didn't respond violently to the 2020 election. January 6 was Trump and Trump supporter's reactions to what they viewed as a stolen election. I do not know or care enough to say how much if any voter fraud took place in 2020. I was too young to vote then, so I wasn't following the elections. This isn't an invitation to enlighten me on the subject, as I still don't care. It's more important that we move on then spend the next two years complaining about a stolen election.

Also most people don't care enough about the midterms. I doubt any riots will take place on either side of the aisle.
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
the right tries to distance themselves from people like those on January 6
I live in Idaho, which is a solidly red state. I regularly see Trump flags on the back of pickup trucks or in front yards. Many (if not most) Republicans here still believe that the election was stolen and that the January 6 actions were justified.
If you're talking about the Republican Party's official stance on the matter, then yeah, a lot of them are distancing from Trump.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@K_Michael
Yeah and this is a bit of a welcome change. If we have one side that always sides with their extremists and another that openly disavows them than the one disavowing them is at a disadvantage. For the sake of the future of the country we can't allowed leftists whose policies would turn us into a 3rd world country to continue to beat us merely because we refuse to lower ourselves to their level
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
we can't allowed leftists whose policies would turn us into a 3rd world country to continue to beat us merely because we refuse to lower ourselves to their level
Wouldn't a moderate candidate that steals Democrat votes be more successful? There's a reason Biden won the Democrat ballot over an extremist like Bernie Sanders.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@K_Michael
Yeah moderates are more likely to win, but by not alienating extremists you can pick up more of their votes. You also allow them to pursue your agenda through non democratic means. 

I have to say though. I think Biden only won because of the black vote. It was a large pool of candidates but he was OBama's VP and got a huge majority of that demographic. Had he never had been VP for Obama I honestly think Democrats in general would have been in a tight fight between sanders and a moderate candidate like Elizabeth Warren. 

So the basic way to win the presidency is to have a purity fight with others of your political alignment and then when the general election happens pretend like there was no purity fight and try to occupy the middle so you can syphon votes from the other side

80 days later

AleutianTexan
Debates: 4
AleutianTexan
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Do you support paramilitary groups or think they're bad?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@AleutianTexan
I guess it depends on the group. If they are being violent in any way, than no. If the groups are just a bunch of rednecks who get together once a week and talk shit, maybe do some target practice and have some beers with each other, I don't see the harm.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
So as far as the statement about non democratic means to ensure good results. I would lean more towards things like for example how Steve Bannon has discreetly put activists in a lot of voting official roles around the country.  

I don't believe the left will ever play fair so I believe it is necessary for the right to fight dirty to avoid becoming Venezuela.

Now I have changed since I made the statements in this thread and am really reconsidering my philosophy in this regard for a variety of reasons.
AleutianTexan
Debates: 4
AleutianTexan
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
So, instead of trying to work towards ending paramilitarism in general, you hope to militarize the right to combat the left?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@K_Michael
Wouldn't a moderate candidate that steals Democrat votes be more successful? There's a reason Biden won the Democrat ballot over an extremist like Bernie Sanders
This is legitimately a shame as well. I would have had a tough decision to make if Bernie Sanders won the nomination. It was easy voting against Biden.

Worst case scenario than electing Sanders is accelerationist. Beat case scenario he uses the position to go after big businesses 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@AleutianTexan
I think working towards it in general would only paramilitarize the right. I think the left have an advantage and fighting against their tactics won't work because the establishment supports them.

I also don't necessarily see a problem with militias in general, whether left wing or right wing. They help to somewhat balance the power of government vs citizens. If a tyrannical regime ever takes over, they have one more group of people to contend with. 

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I meant to say de paramilitarize 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
It's a dangerous thing because if you work against these dirty tactics in general the side not protected by the establishment will be the only one they come down on, which is very dangerous. 

It's the same thing with election tampering. There for example was evidence that there was propaganda efforts by foreign nations to have Hillary Clinton elected, but only the propaganda efforts to get Trump elected were ever mentioned by the press (mouth piece of the establishment).

In reality any work against these types of dirty tricks is one step closer to a one party state