DEMOCRAT POLLWORKER EJECTED For RIGGING BALLOTS

Author: Public-Choice

Total: 82
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
Democrat Poll Worker Ejected After Caught Electioneering & Preselecting ‘Straight Dem. Ticket’

Election Administrator Pushes for Prosecution

by Tony Kinnett
November 6, 2022

A Democrat poll worker, James Zheng, was ejected from a Carmel, Indiana, polling location Thursday evening following complaints of electioneering and election interference, election administrator Beth Sheller told Chalkboard Review. Sheller said that voters and volunteers who identified this individual directly interfered with the voting process.

Zheng was accused by local voters of telling black voters “…not to vote for the racist candidates outside” indicating a group of pro-parent candidates (beyond the electioneering boundary) running for school board in the Carmel-Clay school district, Sheller said. Two of the voters complained about this act of electioneering to the pro-parent school board volunteer Rhonda Kuchik outside, who told Chalkboard Review she then reported this to the local inspector.

According to a press release by the Hamilton County GOP and confirmed by the election administrator, James was told by the inspector not to return Friday or Monday to the early voting center set up at Mercy Road in Carmel. In a later November 6 statement released on social media, Zheng denied these allegations.

Additionally, Sheller confirmed another report that Zheng took a voter to the voting machines and, under the guise of “explaining the voting machines” preselected a straight-Democrat ticket for the voter. Several voters complained to the local election judges and inspector of Zheng’s actions, the inspector reporting some “didn’t know how to change it back,” Sheller said.

Zheng later claimed in a statement on November 6 “The Inspector did not name me as the person who did that.”

Sheller indicated to Chalkboard Review that she hopes he is prosecuted for both aspects of alleged misconduct. “I have never seen anything like this,” she said.

Source:
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
This is controlled opposition, look how obvious he was.

Either mentally unwell person or clever actor in behalf of Republicans.

What? I can't have my conspiracy theory and you can have yours that this is widespread?

It is wrong what he did of course.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If I was voting a Dem candidate or Rep candidate and noticed it preselected, I would report it too. I hate rigging.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
possible. both sides are doing the false flag strategy after Jan 6
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
BALLOT RIGGING  is "the act of illegally changing the result of an election by producing a false record of the number of votes"

Ballot rigging is insider corruption- deliberately misrepresenting the count.  Your headline claims "ballot rigging" but  the incident you document took place days before the counting began.

Do you have any evidence of ballot rigging in Carmel?  or was that accusation just something you invented?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
^ fresh footage from a rich scumbag born elite who stayed elite his whole career as he reads threads like this.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
A pro-parent group. Lol. More like pro wack job.

This article is so shoddy we are going to have to assume the reporter didn’t do due diligence in determining the facts and writing the story.

For example: 

1. “Sheller said that voters and volunteers who identified this individual directly interfered with the voting process.“

As written, the reporter is telling us the voters and volunteers were the ones who interfered with the voting process.

2. “…James was told by the inspector not to return Friday or Monday to the early voting center set up at Mercy Road in Carmel. In a later November 6 statement released on social media, Zheng denied these allegations.

As written, the reporter referred to the suspended volunteer as both James and as Zheng, having confused his first name James for his last name.

From the Democratic Party press release in the article, it appears the wack jobs outside the polling station were the ones breaking the law and disrupting the polling center.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh god, the cringe...
oromagi
oromagi
Let's note that the "reporter" here, Tony Kinnett,  was fired from his job as an Indianapolis Public School teacher last year for inappropriately sharing student files with media.  We should be able to agree that a partisan ex-teacher with an axe to grind against Indianapolis School Boards is probably not an objective observer for this story.
oromagi
oromagi
Here's a more balanced version of the story.

POLL WORKER REMOVED from CARMEL EARLY VOTING SITE.  WHAT HAPPENED is in DISPUTE
Kaitlin Lange
Indianapolis Star

A poll worker was removed from an early voting site in Carmel last week amid accusations from Republicans, which he denies, that he told voters who to vote for in the highly political and contentious school board races.

Hamilton County Republicans say the worker at Mercy Road Church, James Zheng, was a Democrat who attempted to pressure voters not to support a GOP-endorsed school board candidate. In a statement released by state Democrats, Zheng denied the allegations he pressured voters. Hamilton County Democrats are now accusing Republicans of attempting to "sow last-minute doubt into the integrity of our elections."

Hamilton County Election Administrator Beth Sheller, a Republican, told IndyStar that two African American voters told volunteers involved with the campaign of a school board candidate that Zheng told them the GOP-endorsed school board candidates were racist. The campaign then informed the investigator on site. In a separate incident another poll worker informed the inspector that Zheng had pushed the Democratic "straight ticket" button for a voter.

Sheller declined to provide the names of the inspector or other poll worker. She added that this was an isolated incident that her office dealt with promptly.
Zheng indicated that's not what happened. He said in a statement that on Thursday he observed people wearing shirts with the names of Republican-endorsed school board candidates — Jenny Brake, Greg Brown and Adam Sharp — directly outside the glass windows the voting machines are placed in front of. He reported the issue and the inspector did not take any action, Zheng said.

At the end of the day the inspector said an unnamed poll worker told voters not to vote for those GOP-endorsed candidates because they don't care about diversity, and that a poll worker cannot tell a voter to vote straight-ticket, Zheng said. That night Zheng received a call from Sheller, also the secretary of the county GOP, who said those allegations were leveled at him and he was removed from his post.

"I categorically deny these allegations and would point out that at no time during the early voting on the 3rd did the inspector call me aside and confront me with these false allegations," Zheng said in a statement. "I am willing to come forward and testify, under oath, consistent with the above."

Hamilton County Republican Party Chairman Mario Massillamany said the local party informed the Hamilton County Sheriff's department about the incident, but is going to wait and see what the outcome of the election is before filing a complaint with the Hamilton County Election Board. The board still will discuss the incident at their public meeting on Tuesday morning at 10 a.m., Sheller said.

"This should serve as a cautionary reminder that those desperate to hold onto power or gain power will do anything — including breaking the law — to thwart the efforts of parents and taxpayers to replace our school boards with officials who more accurately reflect the values of our community," Massillamany said in a statement.

Both Massillamany and Sheller said they received calls from the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office over the weekend asking for details. According to Massillamany, the department was obtaining video footage. Sheller and Massillamany said they were told the office was opening an investigation.
Hamilton County Sheriff Dennis Quakenbush, a Republican, did not immediately confirm whether his department is investigating.

The Hamilton County Democratic Party criticized Zheng's removal, calling it "desperation and retaliation politics at its worst," that mirror the national Republican party handbook.

oromagi
oromagi
Here is Zheng's version:

To Hamilton County Election Board:

I was an early voter poll worker at the Mercy Road Church early voting site on Thursday, November 3, 2022.  Mercy  Road Church's voting machines are placed right in front of outside clear glass windows to the north and west.  I observed persons just outside the windows with red t-shirts containing the names of Republican-endorsed Carmel school boards candidates.  I reported this issue to Christine DeKeyser who agree this was not right and agreed to discuss this issue with the Inspector, Sheila Puckett.  The Inspector did not take any action and did not ask these people just outside the clear glass window to move.

At the end of the day, the Inspector indicated there was a problem today: one of the poll workers who was alleged to have told voters not to vote for the Republican-endorsed Carmel school board candidates because they don't care about diversity and a poll worker cannot tell a voter to vote straight-ticket Democrat.  The Inspector did not name me as the person who did that.

I returned home about 7:30 PM.  At around 7:40, I received a call from Beth Sheller who told me that the Inspector had made the above allegations against me and that I would not be allowed to work as a poll worker the next two days.

I categorically deny these allegations and would point out that at no time during the early voting on the 3rd did the Inspector call me aside and confront me with these false allegations.  I am willing to come forward and testify, under oath, consistent with the above.

James Zheng

oromagi
oromagi
Let's be sure to note that Beth Sheller, the Election Adminstrator who fired Zheng is also the Secretary of the Hamilton County Republican Party.  The admin in charge of free and fair elections in Hamilton County also has the job of to seeing to it that Republicans are elected to that County's elected offices.

When Tony Kinnett reports, "according to a press release by the Hamilton County GOP and confirmed by the election administrator, James was told by the inspector not to return Friday..."  He failed to note that the secretary issuing the GOP press release and the election adminstrator confirming that press release's details were, in fact, the same woman.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
If an authority said the world would end tomorrow you'd believe it lmao.

Anyways, in the original article I cited they updated it twice with the GOP, DNC, and actual person's statements in PDFs. So it was much more balanced that your "balanced" source.

Secondly, what does reporting on an instance of voter fraud have to do with the Illinois public school system?

But to make matters worse, your reason for him being fired is completely wrong. He was fired for leaking the curriculum:

An Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) administrator was fired Monday for “sharing public files” with news outlets as well as recordings of a “Racial Justice Speaker Series” that was presented to students, according to a statement.

IPS administrator Tony Kinnett told the Daily Caller News Foundation that the HR team pulled him into several meetings that they repeatedly said were non-disciplinary, but he said at the meetings he was not allowed to speak freely, initially bring an attorney or record anything.

“We’re taking a look at what is not only best for me and my family in this situation, but also the community as well,” he said. “We’ve been in touch with the Attorney General’s office in Indianapolis. Let’s just say that Indianapolis is not out of the woods yet.

The Daily Mail also confirms:

As does local media outlet WISHTV:

But back to the fraudster in the article:

WIBC reports that the election administrator confirmed the claims:

Hamilton County election administrator Beth Sheller stated that the poll inspector had learned of two separate incidents last week that could qualify as election interference.

In fact WIBC says the same things Chalkboard Review does, but Chalkboard Review goes a step further by posting PDFs of all the statements. 

I trust a source more that posts all the requisite testimonies for anyone to read over any source that doesn't. But, if you would rather trust sources that obscure the facts and avoid giving their readers direct access to information, then that is your choice.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
Please explain your false claims about vote rigging.  Where are your claims of miscounting ballots verified?
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
According to the dictionary definition, I am not wrong:

the practice of using illegal methods to obtain a particular result in an election:

to control the results of the election dishonestly

By these definitions, Zheng committed vote rigging.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
->@oromagi
If an authority said the world would end tomorrow you'd believe it lmao.

I'm going to the very conservative Indianapolis Star- actual news reporting. 

Your source is a teacher who was recently fired from an Indianapolis school for political hackery.

Why are all your sources so desperately right-wing?  Have your read any objective reporting about this story?

Anyways, in the original article I cited they updated it twice with the GOP, DNC, and actual person's statements in PDFs. So it was much more balanced that your "balanced" source.
  • Sorry, man.  A Republican hack who was fired from a teaching job in Indianapolis just last year can never ever be a reliable source of reporting about a school board election in Indianapolis.  Just objectively without any other consideration, this is a not an acceptably unbiased source.  This reporter has skin in the game.
Secondly, what does reporting on an instance of voter fraud have to do with the Illinois public school system?
  • ?
your reason for him being fired is completely wrong. He was fired for leaking the curriculum:

• inappropriately sharing student files with media= leaking the curriculum
  • Different words but we are in agreement about why your reporter was fired last year

But back to the fraudster in the article:

WIBC reports that the election administrator confirmed the claims:

Hamilton County election administrator Beth Sheller stated that the poll inspector had learned of two separate incidents last week that could qualify as election interference.

I trust a source more that posts all the requisite testimonies for anyone to read over any source that doesn't. But, if you would rather trust sources that obscure the facts and avoid giving their readers direct access to information, then that is your choice.
  • The Indianapolis Star did manage to report that Beth Sheller, the Election Board Adminstrator who fired Zheng is also the Secretary of the Hamilton County Republican Party in charge of getting Republicans elected.
  • Your source mostly just interviewed Beth Sheller, quotes her six times
    • "Beth Sheller told Chalkboard Review.
    • Sheller said that voters
    • Sheller said
    • Additionally, Sheller confirmed another report 
    • the inspector reporting some “didn’t know how to change it back,” Sheller said.
    • Sheller indicated to Chalkboard Review that she hopes he is prosecuted for both aspects of alleged misconduct. “I have never seen anything like this,” she said.
  • But then your source also reports,  "According to a press release by the Hamilton County GOP and confirmed by the election administrator" without ever once mentioning that Beth Sheller is also the number 2 GOP official in Hamilton County so your source KNOWS FOR A FACT that these two sources are the same person and deliberately conceals that fact from you.
    • Objectively, your source is not just motivated but actively concealing this very compelling indicator of GOP corruption

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
>@oromagi
According to the dictionary definition, I am not wrong:

the practice of using illegal methods to obtain a particular result in an election:

to control the results of the election dishonestly

By these definitions, Zheng committed vote rigging.
  • Well I agree that "illegal methods" is generic enough to cover the fake news allegation vs Zheng. 
    • I've never heard an illegal vote referred to as "vote rigging."  Rigging an election seems to be a term reserved for vote counters, not voters.
  • To say that Zheng controlled the results of an election wherein his GOP accuser and the referee in charge of reviewing that accusation are, in fact, the same woman, is a gross distortion.  Obviously, Beth Sheller is in control of election results in Hamilton County, not Zheng.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@oromagi
Why are all your sources so desperately right-wing?  Have your read any objective reporting about this story?
You nailed it.

As usual, Public-Choice is not a reliable source of credible information. He often fails to demonstrate even the most basic critical thinking skills.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@oromagi
When Tony Kinnett reports, "according to a press release by the Hamilton County GOP and confirmed by the election administrator, James was told by the inspector not to return Friday..."  He failed to note that the secretary issuing the GOP press release and the election adminstrator confirming that press release's details were, in fact, the same woman.
The old Dick Cheney trick.

He leaks information to a reporter then cites that reporter as proof that something is true.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
  • The Indianapolis Star did manage to report that Beth Sheller, the Election Board Adminstrator who fired Zheng is also the Secretary of the Hamilton County Republican Party in charge of getting Republicans elected.
This is an inappropriate mixing of duties. Shame on Indiana

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
This is an inappropriate mixing of duties. Shame on Indiana
Indiana is hardly alone in  such conflicts of interest.

In fact, 60% of local election officials in the US are elected or appointed in some partisan manner but it would seem prudent to require such appointments to forgo other party obligations while serving in an obstensibly bipartisan, objective referee type role.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@oromagi
In fact, 60% of local election officials in the US are elected or appointed in some partisan manner

Really? That’s alarming. Can you tell me where you got that statistic? I don’t mean Secretary of State but registra of voters is always non-partisan right?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain

At the local level, most election officials are selected in a manner that is inherently partisan, meaning the candidate runs for the office with a party affiliation or is appointed to a partisan board. A minority are hired without consideration for party affiliation or are elected in nonpartisan races. Research conducted in 2006 indicates that roughly 60% of local election officials are elected or appointed in a partisan manner. 

These structures make the U.S. an outlier in the democratic world. Constitutionally independent bodies run elections in more than 70 countries, and many others rely on technocratic government agencies distanced in some manner from political influence. The U.S. is the only country that elects most of its election officials, and one of very few to allow high-ranking party members to lead election administration.  

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Public-Choice
Zheng was accused by local voters of telling black voters “…not to vote for the racist candidates outside”
Wow, well there’s the proof that the election was rigged in a wide spread conspiracy.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@oromagi
Ballot rigging is insider corruption- deliberately misrepresenting the count. Your headline claims "ballot rigging" but the incident you document took place days before the counting began.

Do you have any evidence of ballot rigging in Carmel? or was that accusation just something you invented?
Do you think the person's actions were ethical or unethical? 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You nailed it.
You aren't really any better than op in that regard. You do the same exact thing. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Do you think the person's actions were ethical or unethical? 
  • I think James Zheng's actions are unproven, alleged by partisan actors.
    • Zheng says that he reported Republican misconduct  to Republican election monitor DeKeyser and Republican Inspector Puckett and this  report was ignored by Republican election monitors and then he was fired that night by another Republican election adminstrator who is also the second highest ranked member of the GOP in Hamilton County.
    • Sheller says that she received reports of anonymous voter complaints from an anonymous monitor and inspector.  The two accusations are:
      • telling black voters not to vote for racist candidates
      • voting for voters
    • I tend to believe Zheng because he is willing to name names and give specifics and because he went to the press first and filed a complaint with the state first. 
      • Sheller wants to keep the accusers anonymous in spite of calling for Zheng's prosecution.  She didn't file a complaint with the state.  The GOP issued a press statement without noting that their Secretary was the one who fired Zheng.  That lack of disclaimer makes me think that the GOP is the one being underhanded here.
    • Zheng says he was fired at 7:40 Thursday night- after voting had completed for the day.  If this detail is confirmed then I believe Zheng all the more since I find it impossible to believe that  if some voter actually complained that a worker just voted for her that any election offical would not have halted proceedings right there and required the accused worker to stand down until an Inspector rendered judgement.  The fact that Sheller claims that MULTIPLE voters complained of having their vote stolen and  no action was taken until after hours suggest that Sheller is  the one who is lying.
    • Fortunately, there was video and many eyewitnesses and a criminal investigation is underway.  If Zheng actually physcially voted for somebody that will be on video.  Unfortunately, FOX News has already reported the allegation as fact nationally and I 100% guarantee that FOX News will never report a retraction or correction later on.  They never ever do until threatened with lawsuits.
    • I note that there was a woman named Zheng elected to the school board in 2016 who decided not to run again this year.  I wonder if James Zheng is related, a known poltical actor in this context, and if there is any history of conflict between the accusers.
    • Let's recall that Republicans have a very long history of falsifying reports and evidence of election fraud that Trump has escalated into a reckless cult of fake news after the last election.   Republican officials actually seem to benefit these days from inventing fake claims of voter fraud and so are motivated to lie.  As a democrat in a county that hasn't voted for a  democratic president since 1924, Zheng has no motivation to break election laws- he knows his cause is hopeless no matter what.   Unless the Hamilton County Sherrif actually says that Zheng committed the crime of voting for somebody else, I assume this is just another example of Republican hysteria.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
Why do you assume the person with witnesses against them is innocent and the person who did their job is guilty?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
-->@oromagi
Why do you assume the person with witnesses against them is innocent snd the person who did their job is guilty?
  • I just explained that in great detail.  Your lack of comprehension does not merit a new detailed reply

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
You said his actions are unproven by partisan actors.

What makes you think he wasn't being partisan and the GOP people were?

What rational basis do you have for the person with witnesses against them being innocent?

You went into great lengths but never actually responded to that.