Abortion is morally wrong, no exceptions.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 181
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Abortion just makes me sick, and a lot of people don't realize how sickening it really is. There is no instance where abortion is ok at all. I am pro-life how about you?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Pro-lifers are generally selectively moral and therefore hypocritical.
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I’m both pro-choice and pro-life. 
Pro-choice up to 22 weeks gestation. 
Pro-life after 23 weeks gestation. 

Depending on the year looked at, on average, 89-94% of ALL abortions happens before 14 weeks gestation with the majority of those happening before 6 weeks gestation (medical abortion).

Less than 1.3% of ALL abortions any given year are after 22-24 weeks gestation, the point of sustainable fetal viability. Those are for cause and not on a whim. 

Without fetal viability there really is no argument pro-life can make. None. As zed pointed out, pure pro-lifers (no exceptions) are generally speaking, hypocrites due to their selective morality. 

For example, the no exception position forcing a girl/woman to go through pregnancy (which has a lifelong effect on their psyche and physiology) and be personally, legally and financially responsible for the product of that pregnancy for 18 long years without so much as a sliver of help from the pro-lifer. They demand and force responsibility upon another where they’re unwilling to assume it in her stead. 

The other downfall of the pro-lifer position is it always fails to take into consideration the effect of adding another human not only to society but also the planet will have. Especially when the mother is unwed and neither mentally and/or financially prepared for losing 18 years of their own life, giving it to another for free and with little to no appreciation from various individuals close to her and from those that have nothing to do with her yet would force this upon her. 

Abortion is morally acceptable when the totality of the big picture is taken into consideration. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Miscarriage is generally defined as the loss of a pregnancy before viability. An estimated 23 million miscarriages occur every year worldwide, translating to 44 pregnancy losses each minute. Doesn't this prove that God is pro-abortion?
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@FLRW
Thank you.  For some reason I always forget that very salient fact in this debate/discussion. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
Well stated.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405
Ok, let me ask you a question. 

At what point is the baby, living in the womb.

What stipulates life, or more so, important life.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Abortion is none of my business, and a lot of men don't realize how it really is not up to us. There is no instance where it is ok at all, for men to try to tell a woman what she can do with her own body.  
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
There is no instance where it is ok at all, for men to try to tell a woman what she can do with her own body.  
It's not the woman's body, it's another living human in her body, so she doesn't have the right to kill a human baby just because she doesn't feel like having it. 

Abortion is none of my business,
Then why are you arguing on this forum?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Here's a question for you:

At what point does a baby in the womb become living, and morally wrong to kill.

Answer that question then we can move on from there. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There is no instance where it is ok at all, for men to try to tell a woman what she can do with her own body.  
It's not the woman's body, it's another living human in her body, so she doesn't have the right to kill a human baby just because she doesn't feel like having it. 
That's not my call, and it isn't yours either.
Abortion is none of my business,
Then why are you arguing on this forum?
If you didn't want people to give thier opinion, then you probably shouldn't have said, "I am pro-life how about you?"

You see that "how about you?" thing you typed, check out the punctuation, it's a question mark, you should probably assume a lot of people are going think that means it is a question.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

I would say that is ok to abort a baby up to birth. It cannot feel pain until it is conscious. It is only reacting to stimulation.
Research shows that babies display glimmers of consciousness and memory as early as 5 months old. I bet most babies that died from pediatric cancer wish they had been aborted before they felt pain.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
I would say that is ok to abort a baby up to birth. It cannot feel pain until it is conscious. It is only reacting to stimulation.
So, let me get this straight, you're thinking is:

A baby is in the womb and will be born into a living breathing human in a couple of months. It is okay to kill the baby if you don't wish to have them in your life.

Well, if you agree with that logic, then you should agree with this too:

An adult human is in a coma and will wake up from the coma in a couple of months. It is okay to kill the adult if you don't wish to have them in your life. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Yes, it is. If your argument is women birth baby's therefore, babies right to live is only decided by women, then that is morally and objectively wrong.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
If you didn't want people to give thier opinion, then you probably shouldn't have said, "I am pro-life how about you?"
I never said that people shouldn't give their opinion, in fact I encouraged it by saying, "I am pro-life how about you?"

You are actually the one who didn't want people to give their opinion by saying, "There is no instance where it is ok at all, for men to try to tell a woman what she can do with her own body." by saying this, you are saying that men don't have an opinion in the abortion issue.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Miscarriage is generally defined as the loss of a pregnancy before viability. An estimated 23 million miscarriages occur every year worldwide, translating to 44 pregnancy losses each minute. Doesn't this prove that God is pro-abortion?
Well miscarriage isn't abortion. Miscarriage is when a baby dies during the pregnancy, not purposefully killed. An abortion is when a baby is killed. 

Abortion: "the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy."

Miscarriage: "the expulsion of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently, especially spontaneously or as the result of accident."

Doesn't this prove that God is pro-abortion?
If you're going to argue against a Christian, that every death is caused by God, you have a whole other thing coming for you.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I never said that people shouldn't give their opinion, in fact I encouraged it by saying, "I am pro-life how about you?"

You are actually the one who didn't want people to give their opinion by saying, "There is no instance where it is ok at all, for men to try to tell a woman what she can do with her own body." by saying this, you are saying that men don't have an opinion in the abortion issue.
Yes, that is my opinion, I'm not saying people shouldn't give thier opinion, I an just of the opinion that abortion is a supremely personal decision for a woman, and from the outside looking in, men can't really know the situation well enough to weigh the different aspects of such a decision. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
and from the outside looking in, men can't really know the situation well enough to weigh the different aspects of such a decision. 
Yes, they can. They don't know the physical aspects of it, but if woman decides to make a bad sexual decision, and she gets pregnant, then she does not have the right to get an abortion. You don't just get to kill a child because it's to your own benefit. I wouldn't consider that a thing that only women understand. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes, it is. If your argument is women birth baby's therefore, babies right to live is only decided by women, then that is morally and objectively wrong.
Fair enough, but practically speaking, it is a woman's decision to make, and that decision will be made under a set of circumstances that we are not privy too.

You are saying "There is no instance where abortion is ok at all", followed by "I am pro-life", there are certainly circumstances where an abortion is necessary to save the mother's life, how is denying abortion in that instance "pro-life" if it causes death?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Sidewalker
Yes,  conditions detected in prenatal screening can be fatal or carry a profoundly poor prognosis. For example, half of the babies born with anencephaly will not survive birth and the other half die within hours or days. A chromosomal condition such as trisomy 13 or trisomy 18 can result in a baby with a short lifespan; 90 percent of babies with either of these conditions do not survive past one year old and are frequently afflicted with health problems and medical interventions throughout their lives.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
 there are certainly circumstances where an abortion is necessary to save the mother's life, how is denying abortion in that instance "pro-life" if it causes death?
While there are rare cases of the pregnancy being fatal and yes that is a very horrible thing to of happened, again I bring you back to bad sexual decisions. If a woman knows that if she gets pregnant, it could cause her to die, then that is her decision to get pregnant and face that risk. There are examinations you can have, and ways to know that if you get pregnant, then you could possibly die. 

I think that having a child is a very big decision, and people should be extra prepared before making a decision to have a baby. 

And as far as bad sexual decisions, there are very cheap and easy ways to use protection while having sex. 

Condoms are a big example of this. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Yes,  conditions detected in prenatal screening can be fatal or carry a profoundly poor prognosis. For example, half of the babies born with anencephaly will not survive birth and the other half die within hours or days. A chromosomal condition such as trisomy 13 or trisomy 18 can result in a baby with a short lifespan; 90 percent of babies with either of these conditions do not survive past one year old and are frequently afflicted with health problems and medical interventions throughout their lives.
So just because a baby will not survive for long, doesn't give you the right to kill it. There have been babies born with extreme conditions, and the doctors telling the parents that the baby won't live. But sometimes they are wrong. Why should we kill the baby and not consider the possibility of that outcome.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Now I am contradicting myself here a little bit, but I do believe that in the extreme case of a mother not knowing that she could die from getting pregnant, and the doctors tell her that if she gives birth then she will die, then that should be the only exception for abortion. 

But how many cases of that happening happen a year? Maybe a couple. But we should not make abortion legal, just because there are two cases where it has to be done. Because a lot of people will just use that as an excuse to get rid of the child. 

But that means that an abortion should only happen if the mother has already had an examination before getting pregnant, finds out that if she gives birth, then she will 100% die, and there is no alternative at all. 

And if you take all of those facts to law, then that means that there would only be about 1 maybe two abortions per year. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
Everyone needs to just STOP using the term “baby” (babies) in this debate/discussion. Such an ignorant misnomer. A pregnancy ≠ [a] baby. 

A zygote ≠ [a] baby. 
A blastocyst ≠ [a] baby
An embryo ≠ [a] baby
An unviable fetus ≠ [a] baby

“Baby” = an emotive term designed to illicit emotional attachment to the potential idea of a birthed baby. 

Potentiality ≠ actuality. Never has. Never will. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405
For your sake, because you can't take the emotional distress of hearing the word baby, I will use the term living human.

So, you believe that a living human isn't a, well, living human when it is in the womb?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
So, you believe that a living human isn't a, well, living human when it is in the womb?
If you answer no to that question, then answer me this:
At what point is it morally wrong to kill a living human in the womb.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
A pregnancy ≠ [a] baby.  A zygote ≠ [a] baby.  A blastocyst ≠ [a] baby. An embryo ≠ [a] baby. An unviable fetus ≠ [a] baby
And yes, it does. 

Baby: a very young child, especially one newly or recently born.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It’s not [a] living  human (being) either. 

And don’t be a dick about it either. 

It’s not distressing, it’s fucking annoying when people use the wrong term to describe that which it doesn’t even describe. 

A lump of coal isn’t [a] Diamond. 
An acorn is not an oak tree. 
A block of wood isn’t charcoal (burnt wood). 
So on and so forth. 

Your last statement (er, question) is a strawman. Never said or remotely asserted what you’re misconstruing. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Baby: a very young child, especially one newly or recently born.
No it doesn’t. 

Reading comprehension problems? 

“Newly or recently born” = a very young child. 

Birth is the transition between pregnancy to child/baby, not before. 

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

At what point is it morally wrong to kill a living human in the womb.
It was only the third reply in this thread. 

And it is not [a] living human (being).