Trumped did his worst to ruin the American economy

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 41
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Trump, and his poor response to Covid slowed down immigration.

Now employers can’t find workers.
Economists estimate that ‘two years of lost immigration’ is responsible for close to half of the 3.5 million workers missing from the labor force

“The drop-off in foreign workers began soon after President Donald Trump took office, largely on an anti-immigrant platform. Although his administration didn’t make legislative changes, it slowed down visa processing through “a culture of extreme vetting and extreme delays” that was enough to deter immigration in all forms, especially among those without college educations, Peri said.”
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Please elaborate on what you mean by poor response.
In what way was his response poor?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Not taking it seriously, perhaps.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Are you kidding? I thought you said you were well informed. You can’t possibly be well informed with the choices you make for finding information.

Trump embraced quack science for medical advisors, medications and treatments 
He abdicated the Federal response and turned most aspects of fighting the virus to the states and did little to support them
He pressured states to reopen their economies even though health experts said it was too soon
He encouraged herd “mentality” as the best way to respond to the pandemic.
Trump literally said if we stopped testing the virus would dissipate which is nonsense 
The White House was a Covid hotspot for transmission 
He undermined the efficacy of wearing masks 

Here’s a timeline of his poor decisions, stupid comments, and deaths from the virus 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
I agree. He should have fired Fauci from day one and took proven sound medical policy advice from Sweden instead.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
This is true. He hired some characters, who didn't understand what they were doing.

And for Trump being responsible for the deaths, he wasn't. The US population is roughly around 331.9 million people. Only 1.09 million Americans died from Covid. And the constitution of the USA give people the freedom to do what they want to, remember? So the majority of people who got sick were sick by there own doing. 

And did you realize the the same day Covid reached the US, Biden officially became the President? I'm not saying blame Biden for all of those deaths, but it wasn't Trumps doing. 

And what is wrong with Trump trusting China? Do you really think he knew that China would lose control of the virus? Do you really think he knew that information? 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And did you realize the the same day Covid reached the US, Biden officially became the President? I'm not saying blame Biden for all of those deaths, but it wasn't Trumps doing. 
You better check your facts kid. Covid arrived in January 2020. Biden took office January 2021.

The legality of mandatory vaccines has been adjudicated by the Supreme Court as constitutional long before Covid arrived. It dates back to the Spanish flu

As I said and people like Dr. Deborah Birx agree, the federal response to Covid was incompetent. Trump was responsible for the federal response as President.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I agree. He should have fired Fauci from day one and took proven sound medical policy advice from Sweden instead.
Well that because you’re an idiot who still lives with his mother.

Sweden, a country of just 10 million people had over 20,000 deaths from Covid.

If we had that rate we would have lost 6.5 million people from Covid. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

You better check your facts kid. Covid arrived in January 2020. Biden took office January 2021.

The legality of mandatory vaccines has been adjudicated by the Supreme Court as constitutional long before Covid arrived. It dates back to the Spanish flu

As I said and people like Dr. Deborah Birx agree, the federal response to Covid was incompetent. Trump was responsible for the federal response as President.

No response? If you are going to debate, have the maturity to concede the point when you have no viable argument to make.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
All I have to ask you, is what could of Trump done better, to deal with Covid?

Force everyone to wear masks wherever they go? There wasn't a significant enough impact of people dying from the virus, that could force the supreme court to make a decision like that. Or force people to get vaccines.

I had Covid too. The surprising thing though, is that I didn't even know I had it. My whole family went in for a test, and I had it. But I never felt sick during the time I got it. 

A lot of other people felt that way too. It only severely affected people with other extreme medical conditions.

And I am not anti-vaxxer either. I have all of my shots. But my family didn't get the Covid shot, because the government was trying so hard to make it a priority. Me and my family weren't about to let the government force us to do something we didn't need to do. 

So, answer my question. What could of Trump done better?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Sweden, a country of just 10 million people had over 20,000 deaths from Covid.

What? that's a .2% death rate for Sweden. Where did you learn math?

Try around 700,000 deaths total. Assuming America had the same amount of fatasses as Sweden does. (USA doesn't)
And also without the crippling deaths added from the lockdown and inflation.

Interestingly enough, heart related deaths have skyrocketed post vaccine mandate policy. It's too bad the scientists that could have warned us were censored by big Pharma lobbyists.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He abdicated the Federal response and turned most aspects of fighting the virus to the states and did little to support them
He pressured states to reopen their economies even though health experts said it was too soon
He encouraged herd “mentality” as the best way to respond to the pandemic.
Trump literally said if we stopped testing the virus would dissipate which is nonsense 
The White House was a Covid hotspot for transmission 
He undermined the efficacy of wearing masks 

Don’t embrace quack science 
Don’t abdicated Federal responsibilities to manage a pandemic
Don’t pressure states to open before health experts say it’s safe
Don’t suggest we could rely on herd immunity 
Get testing out faster so people will know to stay clear of other and not spread the virus
Practice what you preach. Don’t demonstrate bad health protocol by having large indoor gatherings 
Don’t mock the wearing of masks

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There wasn't a significant enough impact of people dying from the virus, 
That is ridiculous. We were losing thousands of people a day in this country. Hospitals were overwhelmed.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There wasn't a significant enough impact of people dying from the virus, that could force the supreme court to make a decision like that. Or force people to get vaccines.
Wrong

Covid killed more Americans than the Spanish flu.(1 million vs 650,000)  From that time period, for flu, small pox and other, the Supreme Court set precedent that the government could make people get vaccines under certain circumstances i e they want to go to public school, health workers etc.

And this

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.

The Supreme Court reaffirmed its decision in Jacobson in Zucht v. King (1922), which held that a school system could refuse admission to a student who failed to receive a required vaccination.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So this is factually wrong, correct?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
A lot of other people felt that way too. It only severely affected people with other extreme medical conditions.
That’s another false statement. Check your facts

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — The death of a newly elected U.S. representative from Louisiana of complications related to COVID-19 stunned the state’s political circles Wednesday and became the latest brutal reminder of how dangerous the coronavirus can be.

Luke Letlow, who was only 41 and had no known underlying health conditions, died Tuesday night at Ochsner-LSU Health Shreveport — days before he was scheduled to be sworn into office, according to his spokesman Andrew Bautsch. Bautsch asked for privacy for Letlow’s family “during this difficult and unexpected time.”

Republican U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy, a doctor who tested positive for the coronavirus earlier this year and has since recovered, seemed almost at a loss for words in a Twitter video he posted Tuesday night about Letlow’s death, stopping at one point before saying: “It just, just, just, just brings home COVID can kill. For most folks it doesn’t, but it truly can. So, as you remember Luke, his widow, his children in your prayers, remember as well to be careful with COVID.”

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
The population of the U.S. during the Spanish Flu varied between 103,208,000 - 106,461,000. And 650,000 people died from Spanish Flu in America.

The population of the U.S. during Covid varied between 329,500,000 - 331,900,000. And 1,100,000 in the U.S. died of Covid.
You have to put the population, into perspective if you are going to compare.

But overall, more people died from the Spanish Flu/Influenza than Coronavirus. 
The Coronavirus mortality rate was 2.40%, while the Spanish Flu mortality rate was 2.50%.
The highest risk population for Coronavirus was 60+ with comorbidities. The highest risk population for Spanish Flu was 25-40 years old.

the Supreme Court set precedent that the government could make people get vaccines under certain circumstances i e they want to go to public school, health workers etc.
Thats not what the government wanted to do for Coronavirus. They wanted mandatory vaccines, and mandatory face masks. 
And speaking of masks, masks did nothing to stop the spread of Coronavirus. 

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.

The Supreme Court reaffirmed its decision in Jacobson in Zucht v. King (1922), which held that a school system could refuse admission to a student who failed to receive a required vaccination.
They have that authority, but they didn't use it. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The Coronavirus mortality rate was 2.40%, while the Spanish Flu mortality rate was 2.50%.
Don’t embarrass yourself. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Thats not what the government wanted to do for Coronavirus. They wanted mandatory vaccines, and mandatory face masks. 
And speaking of masks, masks did nothing to stop the spread of Coronavirus. 
That’s a lie. You’re AFU kid. Your “could” and “want” are AFU.

MASKS were mandatory then and they are were mandatory for Covid

Shots were mandatory in these old Supreme Court cases and they were constitutional for Covid.

They have that authority, but they didn't use it.
That’s nonsense, you are talking nonsense now
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Republican U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy, a doctor who tested positive for the coronavirus earlier this year and has since recovered, seemed almost at a loss for words in a Twitter video he posted Tuesday night about Letlow’s death, stopping at one point before saying: “It just, just, just, just brings home COVID can kill. For most folks it doesn’t, but it truly can. So, as you remember Luke, his widow, his children in your prayers, remember as well to be careful with COVID.”
Yes, you found one of the rare cases. Good for you. 

I'm talking about overall, not every single case. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes, you found one of the rare cases. Good for you. 
Out of 1 million US deaths, how many were young (under 55) with no serious underlying health conditions?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
MASKS were mandatory then and they are were mandatory for Covid
Only if a private business said so. Otherwise, public areas didn't have mandatory mask restrictions.

Shots were mandatory in these old Supreme Court cases and they were constitutional for Covid.
Only because the annual death rate, still to this day is so high. That's why they were mandatory. 

That’s a lie. You’re AFU kid. Your “could” and “want” are AFU.
Ok bud. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm talking about overall, not every single case. 
You will make a great Republican. You play fast and loose with the facts. Just like Trump.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Only if a private business said so. Otherwise, public areas didn't have mandatory mask restrictions.
Sometimes they did in some public spaces. You lie. And a business is a public space for public accommodation. That’s why a business, although privately owned, can’t say “no black people allowed”.

Health departments banned gatherings of certain sizes at church, funerals, sporting events, concerts, restaurants and more and made wearing masks mandatory indoors or when social distancing was not feasible.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
"The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States."

And only 6.6 million died worldwide from Covid. Big difference. 44 million more people died from Spanish flu than Covid.

Out of 1 million US deaths, how many were young (under 55) with no serious underlying health conditions?
1,004,397 people died from Covid 50 years and up as of Dec. 7, 2022. Only 72,152 died from Covid 49 years and under. Not even 100,000.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Health departments banned gatherings of certain sizes at church, funerals, sporting events, concerts, restaurants and more and made wearing masks mandatory.
Really, because my church still went on as normal. Some people just went online, because they themselves were afraid.
I only wore masks when I went shopping. I didn't wear them out anywhere else, and no one said anything.

Sometimes they did in some public spaces. You lie. 
First off, all, you remind me of El from Stranger Things, saying that.

Secondly, yes, sometimes that was the case. Sometimes.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And only 6.6 million died worldwide from Covid. Big difference. 44 million more people died from Spanish flu than Covid.
Because other countries were completely unprepared and uneducated about pandemics then.

72,152 died from Covid 49 years and under
Ok, so that’s 72,152 more than you said. Big difference. We lost 54,000 Americans in the Vietnam War.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Dayum, even stolen valor trustbaby gets owned by a schoolkid.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Really, because my church still went on as normal. 
Ya, you should read the paper. How many people do you think you killed by being so cavalier? Perhaps you spread the virus to several old people. Btw, no surprise you’re religious. It’s a red flag for conservative wack jobs. You’re a future wack job.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Dayum, even stolen valor trustbaby gets owned by a schoolkid.
Isn’t it time to give your mother her bath?