Rural people don’t read newspapers.

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 94
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
A map of areas that have few or no newspapers looks a lot like a map of Republican and Trumpy voting.

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Nobody below the age of 75 reads news papers. Stupid take.

Besides newspapers are not informative I get more information from picking up a foreign affairs magazine then newspapers stating stupid shit like "local man breaks into funeral home to fuck dead bodies" 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Nowadays, rarely do anyone read news on paper. I usually watch news on the TV and Internet.

No one can receive a well-rounded side opinion from any single paper in America, given the newspaper is popular. If you speak only the truth, there are gonna be people attacking you because they assumed what you wrote is for both sides. Sometimes it is just better to sit back there and tend to a closed circle.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Nobody listens to the town cryer anymore.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The newspaper can be online. I get several including the Washington Post, NY Times, LA Times, OC Register and Boston Globe. It has nothing to do with age and everything to do with geography. Rural people stop learning when they are about 16

I love how all the conservatives claim to get their news from foreign sources because they don’t want to admit they get their news from FOX and twitter.

You can’t possibly believe the reason rural areas don’t have newspapers is because rural areas are mostly young people. Rural areas are populated by old, uneducated, lower middle class Americans who stopped reading and thinking when they were very young.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I'd be surprised at anyone who only gets their news from American corporate media. 

Well maybe not so surprised.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I'd be surprised at anyone who only gets their news from American corporate media. 
Really? Is the media in other countries also run by corporations? Or worse, are they state media like RT? Either way, how is that better?

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Nobody nails a paper to the local church door when they want to make a statement either. Instead they do twitter threads. It's not a matter of the right educating themselves, it's that they've moved to social media or at least FOX news.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@oromagi
But we listen to the national criers.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Nobody below the age of 75 reads news papers. Stupid take.
Title should have been "Rural people don’t read"
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
It could also be that there aren't enough rural people in a small enough area to subscribe to a local newspaper to keep it in business.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
“In contrast, Delaware’s three small counties have 13 newspapers; Vermont’s 14 counties have 39”

2  Democratic states with small populations are very different than rural Republican states. Vermont is rural but in 2 hours you can drive to Boston. Same for Delaware, a small state with a small population is much different than a large state with a small population. People in large rural states are just so isolated it effects their perspective and their politics.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Sidewalker
I vacationed in a semi rural area once, and they had a book store. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Same for Delaware, a small state with a small populatio
I live in Delaware. Granted I live in Wilmington, but outside of Wilmington it is still crowded as fuck. Traffic is shit here. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
The Delaware newspapers here also sell in Cecil county Maryland which I go to about every other day. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I vacationed in a semi rural area once, and they had a book store. 
But they had to shut down after they found out the rural area already had a book.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Sidewalker
But they had to shut down after they found out the rural area already had a book.
It's still open
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I love how all the conservatives claim to get their news from foreign sources because they don’t want to admit they get their news from FOX and twitter.
Foreign affairs is an American periodical idiot. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I get more information from picking up a foreign affairs magazine then newspapers

Foreign affairs is an American periodical idiot.
Then you should learn how to properly reference a periodical, brainless. Here’s an example of how to write:

I get more information reading Foreign Affairs magazine than newspapers.

Get it? Genius.

And I seriously doubt you read Foreign Affairs magazine let alone have a subscription.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I honestly didn't think anyone on a debate site, particularly a member so interested in American policy issues would be too ignorant to ever read a foreign affairs magazine. 

Bare minimum to talk about American domestic and foreign policy, should be to regularly read foreign affairs magazine which is what many policy makers refer to or the individuals writing in it, before they make foreign policy decisions. 

Hell, Biden gets at least some briefs from many of the writers in that magazine. 

I am seriously confused why you are calling rural voters idiots while you yourself don't seem to educate yourself on foreign policy. Even a lot of the domestic policy you see being discussed on the site is because of foreign policy issues. For example here are some domestic issues that are a direct result of foreign policy concerns.

1. Tik tok being a Chinese information gathering tool as well as a demoralization propaganda effort

2. Discord, Twitter and many other social media companies having massive amounts of Chinese money in them, giving them access to the data of millions of Americans.

3. Russian infiltration of many far left and far right American extremist groups.

4. The cyber security weaknesses of local governments which continue to be soft targets for foreign intelligence agencies

5. An alarming amount of "whistle blowers" who leak information to WikiLeaks while whistle blowers from non western countries rarely have their stuff appear on these sites and revealed to hostile countries.

6. Domestic inflation caused by making up for the European shortage of oil that was previously acquired from Russia.

You are just completely uneducated about these things and like a 12 year old still engage in rooting for a political football team instead of having a balanced view of things. Most of us usually fall left on most issues or right on all issues, but there is a distinct difference between usually falling one way or another because of ideological differences, and being a retard who just watches left wing news outlets and goes "derp I will just believe that instead of examining the issue from other angles"

Seriously, anyone who comments on foreign or domestic issues and has never taken the time to pick up a foreign affairs magazine is a retard. The same goes for having opinions on supreme court decisions and never reading through the judges decisions to see why they supported the decision they made. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I honestly didn't think anyone on a debate site, particularly a member so interested in American policy issues would be too ignorant to ever read a foreign affairs magazine.
Again, genius, it’s:

…ever to read Foreign Affairs magazine. Did you miss that class in high school about basic grammar?

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Again, genius, it’s:

…ever to read Foreign Affairs magazine. Did you miss that class in high school about basic grammar?

I dropped out of highschool as a freshman. I would still easily crush you in a policy debate. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Domestic inflation caused by making up for the European shortage of oil that was previously acquired from Russia.
Inflation was caused by an imbalance of supply and demand of a broad spectrum of products and materials around the globe in the wake of the Covid pandemic. Oil was in short supply here because American oil companies made the choice not to drill for more oil to meet demand instead opting to put upward pressure on the price of oil by constricting supply and using the money to buy back shares of stock and pay dividends to investors.

Gasoline was higher in places that had refineries down for a variety of reasons including maintenance.

Demand was high thanks to Biden’s excellent management of both the economy and Covid. Unemployment is very low and people received government support. I myself was aided by the bailout of the airline industry. My daughter came out of the Covid period with money in her savings account and a great paying job.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I dropped out of highschool as a freshman. 
Ha, I wouldn’t be at all surprised. That explains a lot.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Seriously, anyone who comments on foreign or domestic issues and has never taken the time to pick up a foreign affairs magazine is a retard. 
I guess you also missed that sensitivity class at your minimum wage job.

Again, for the third time, it’s …pick up Foreign Affairs magazine… not a foreign affairs magazine. I think retards would learn that quicker than you.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I guess you also missed that sensitivity class at your minimum wage job.
why do you hate poor people? Does it make you feel good about yourself to hate black people, Appalachian mountain folks, immigrants and the handicapped and mentally ill that struggle to make a high wage and receive educations?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
why do you hate poor people? Does it make you feel good about yourself to hate black people, Appalachian mountain folks, immigrants and the handicapped and mentally ill that struggle to make a high wage and receive educations?

I noticed you left out - dropped out of high school in your freshman year, lol
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Why do you think I did that? 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I mean speculate. Go ahead
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I dropped out of highschool as a freshman. 

Why do you think I did that?

Because you admitted it a moment ago in post #22