The perfect penalty for abortion

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 21
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Here is my ideal penalty for abortion:

Wages get garnished $9 a day for a year (both the woman who gets the abortion and the man who is the father of the aborted baby pay this).  The revenue goes to sponsor a starving American child, getting that child out of poverty.  If you take a life from abortion, you should be required to save a life by some other method and child sponsorship is a cheap way to save a life to make up for the life you took.

There are 1.6 million American children that need sponsorship every year and about 800,000 abortions a year.  We are able to reduce child poverty by 50% with this plan in place.  

If a woman gets raped, rape victim insurance pays for the child sponsorship.  How this would work is the following:

Every female pays a penny a day to a government fund and in exchange, if all of the following apply to a woman:
1) She gets raped
2) She gets pregnant from the rape
3) She successfully prosecutes the rapist using her pregnancy as proof.

Then she gets $20,000 restitution.  If she aborts, she gets $13,000.  The remaining $7k goes to sponsor the kid.  The rapist gets killed.

There are many ideologues in this country that want life in jail for women who gets an abortion.  There are also many people that would be opposed to ANY punishment for women that get abortions, including one that helps to reduce the poverty rate.  My plan punishes the woman and the man who is the father of the aborted baby in a way that does not tread too much on liberty while also helping to significantly reduce the poverty rate.

If you’re an extreme ideologue (Polytheist, ebuc, brother D) and you comment, I’m going to do my best to ignore you.  You can’t be reasoned with; your too far down the rabbit hole.  But the majority is not as partisan as you, so I welcome the majority to comment here.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TheUnderdog
Why is this a common theme. I am pro life. Very pro life. I think abortion is murder.

I think common sense tells us that punishing women for this is wrong. Only doctors who perform abortions should be punished and anyone assisting them.

Stop shitting on the poor people in tough situations seeking a solution in a moment of desperation. Start punishing money hungry doctors, murdering for profit 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Wylted
How about this:

Death penalty for doctors, manual labor for the woman
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
I dont agree with only keeping it legal for rape but I actually strongly support pressuring rape victims to prosecute of we also give them mental wellbeing therapy care for free.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
More abortion less child poverty.

Much more sensible approach.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@zedvictor4
Sure murdering children would prevent childhood poverty, but there has got to be options that don't involve murdering poor people
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I think common sense tells us that punishing women for this is wrong. Only doctors who perform abortions should be punished and anyone assisting them.
This is going to lead to abortionists not performing abortions anymore, so it would lead to females doing their own abortions.  Then you’re going to have to punish the woman.  I hope you have the mental capacity to relieze that.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
The death penalty for being poor is cruel and unusual punishment.  But letting someone die is totally different.  Pretty much everyone wouldn’t kill a starving African kid, but everyone would be fine with letting them die by refusing to adopt them.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TheUnderdog
This is going to lead to abortionists not performing abortions anymore, so it would lead to females doing their own abortions. Then you’re going to have to punish the woman. I hope you have the mental capacity to relieze that.
I don't believe so, but if they did do their own abortions. I think there punishment will be what normally happens to idiots that start cutting into their own body. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
Pregnant women can get super drunk to kill the fetus and be relatively unharmed.

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@TheUnderdog
Then she gets $20,000 restitution.  If she aborts, she gets $13,000.  The remaining $7k goes to sponsor the kid.
lol you think it takes $7000 to raise a kid?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
@PREZ-HILTON
Murdering and Children are concepts relative to electro-chemical reactions in the brain. Thinking.

With variable output relative to electro-chemical reactions in the brain. Thoughts.

Etc. Etc.

Amazing but true. Just a thought.

Or Just the way things are. Just another thought

You only think that abortion is wrong.

I only think that abortion is OK.

Whereas wrong and OK are just thoughts relative to thinking, relative to the transfer of data from currently existent and previous data sources.

All of which are internal simulations of an assumed external reality. Existence and reality are internal concepts. Externality is also an internal concept relative to acquired data. Though it would be fair to say, that acquirable data does give some credibility to the concept of an external reality.

Hence.....Universally speaking, I doubt that anything else gives a shit about the human concept of abortion. Just a though. Internally projected and then transferred and displayed as an appreciable narrative.

Whether or not you appreciate this appreciable narrative will be relative to any subsequent internal reactions which might occur in association with data previously acquired and stored in your own databases.

And into day 2 of our annual journey around the SUN STAR GOD, who knows what might be encountered on the other side.

Maybe the souls of pre-existent zygotes/embryos etc.

Or maybe not.

You choose.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@zedvictor4
Genocide and jews are concepts relative to electro-chemical reactions in the brain. Thinking.

With variable output relative to electro-chemical reactions in the brain. Thoughts.

Etc. Etc.

Amazing but true. Just a thought.

Or Just the way things are. Just another thought

You only think that genocide of Jews is okay.

I only think that the Holocaust is wrong.

Whereas wrong and OK are just thoughts relative to thinking, relative to the transfer of data from currently existent and previous data sources.

All of which are internal simulations of an assumed external reality. Existence and reality are internal concepts. Externality is also an internal concept relative to acquired data. Though it would be fair to say, that acquirable data does give some credibility to the concept of an external reality.

Hence.....Universally speaking, I doubt that anything else gives a shit about the human concept of murdering jews. Just a though. Internally projected and then transferred and displayed as an appreciable narrative.

Whether or not you appreciate this appreciable narrative will be relative to any subsequent internal reactions which might occur in association with data previously acquired and stored in your own databases.

And into day 2 of our annual journey around the SUN STAR GOD, who knows what might be encountered on the other side.

Maybe the souls of Jews

Or maybe not.

You choose.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@K_Michael
It costs $7000 to sponsor a kid for 18 years, since this costs about $1 a day.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I absolutely agree with the principle.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
That's a saving of approximately $36500000 then.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
That's a saving of approximately $36500000 then.
How so?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
100000 abortions per year, therefore would save $1 per day for 365 days. 

Equals $36500000.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
There are 800,000 annual abortions in the US.  But yeah; child sponsorship is a cheap way to save a life.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
Sorry, I misread the statistics.

So the saving would be even greater.

Nonetheless, I certainly wouldn't advocate for the killing of children.

Just early term abortion.

Unless they're really stupid, numpties who have unprotected sex should be aware of the fact.

But yes, the World has plenty of numpties, some even believe that there is a concerned fantasy GODMAN.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Think all you want that abortion is murder. 

I know for a fact (reality) that you are wrong.

Doesn’t matter what you think, feel or believe about abortion. The only thing that matters is what you can prove. Abortion is NOT murder. 

Medical providers are just that, and performing a safe medical procedure should NEVER warrant any punishment. The pregnancy has ZERO legal rights of protection by any measure when it comes to abortion. 

99% of every pro-lifer who argues this topic just ends up making themselves out to be an emotively driven ignorant hypocrite.