People who tail gate when driving. What is your deal

Author: PREZ-HILTON

Total: 15
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I mean are you retarded or what? When I am going 75 on a road that says 55mph is that too slow for you?

If it is too slow, are you too retarded to notice I immediately start driving 15 mph when you do that and since everybody learns to slow down when a person tailgates, are you really so stupid as to think you will get a different result than what happens every single time you do it?

Why do you tailgating retards almost always have a new Jersey license plate on your car?

Tailgaters, why do you call the cops when I throw my morning coffee at you as you pass to my right? You have to know people get pissed at retards and you are a retard, so what is your thinking here? 
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
 I mean are you retarded or what? 
In my opinion, the only logical conclusion I can come up with is that they are either extremely late and hoping you'll move out of the way, or extremely selfish and completely unable to think about anyone but themselves. Or the third option, it is both.

Idk. Whenever I'm in a hurry I just drive around people. I don't tailgate them until they move out the way.

Sometimes, for fun, when these people are tailgating me I'll purposely box them in with another car next to me and slow down to that other person's speed. The tailgater has no idea I'm doing it on purpose for a good 5 minutes most of the time. Then when they figure it out they're almost always too stupid to figure out to slow down and go around both of us.

Other times, if it's at night, I'll get over, let them pass, and then get back over, flip on my brights, and go back just far enough so they go straight into his eyes while I follow him.

Is this Christian? No. But sometimes it's satisfying as fuck.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Public-Choice
I like your style 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Those people are actually following you,  it's all part of a vast liberal conspiracy.  
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Sidewalker
Those people are actually following you, it's all part of a vast liberal conspiracy.  
Why would they follow me when the chip they planted in my head tracks me? 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I get a mini heart attack when someone is tailgating
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
I am especially scared when motorcycles do it because I don't want them to make a mistake and die because they stupidly follow to close. I don't want it on my conscience with them I get the hell out of the way by any safe means possible 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Those people are actually following you, it's all part of a vast liberal conspiracy.  
Why would they follow me when the chip they planted in my head tracks me? 
The chip doesn't work when you wear your tin foil hat.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
@Public-Choice
This is why psych evals should be used for driver's licenses with simulated tests where the subject thinks it's real. That's how we filter out drivers like you. Even if they 'know' it's fake the level of rage and such in the brain scan will also be used. There could be grades of leniency with calmer drivers that are more aware of surroundings given more points (capacity for strikes) etc.

That said, the world is moving towards public transport in one direction and AI-run cars in the other so really drivers like yourselves won't plague the developed nations for many generations more.

I also know my system would be classed 'elitist' so I doubt it will ever get done.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
@PREZ-HILTON
Beep your horn hard, do not increase speed, make very clear you are not altering your driving for them. If you have another passenger make them get out their phone and film them very visibly. If you are alone stick to what I said.

If they then ram your vehicle, there will be zero legal recourse for them, immediately stop and get the video camera ready, blasting your emergency lights. Nobody who is going to literally kill you will pick that fight. The types of gangsters ready to kill would zoom around you instead, it fits their psychological profile to not bother with such a petty squabble generally speaking. Tailgaters are looking for a power trip or alternatively are very oblivious to the invasion of space they're doing. Either way, increasing speed is the wrong response when they do it. Only increase speed if you are indeed well below the limit and fancy going a bit faster, even then wait just a little so the tailgater knows you are not responding to their BS.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@RationalMadman
I am actually a very courteous driver. I let people in, I signal. I don't slam on my brakes if I miss an exit. I actually go out of my way to not be an asshole to other drivers. I don't tailgate, and in fact I normally have double the distance other drivers do. I also make sure I gun it when I change lanes so the other person never has to slam on their breaks when I change lanes.

Until one of them is that special type of asshole who is weaving in and out of lanes, honking at people, and being a special kind of asshole. THEN I might (SOMETIMES) fuck with them.

But, you know, proceed to gaslight the whole situation and say it is my fault an aggressive piece of shit driver who tailgates everyone is being a piece of shit aggressive driver who is tailgating everyone.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Public-Choice
Your reaction is your fault, nobody said it is easy.

There is a reason why a fully grown body is not always fit to drive. I actually think it is very toxic how mainstream or 'adept' it is assumed we all must be at driving as if it's a natural rite of passage or something for men in particular.

Not all humans are geared for high-pressure vehicular manipulation and driving, it is extremely stressful and outside the talent-set for some human beings. Some of us are much better map-readers and passengers therefore, by nature, filling what is wrongly deemed a more 'feminine' role.

Others are mediocre at both and may just about be good enough or insufficiently fit to drive, either due to emotions, mental awareness to multiple things at once or dexterity.

I don't think everyone is cut out for driving and I think public transport is a very good thing to exist. This is not about your worth as a person, literally it's about natural inclinations, skillsets and such.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@RationalMadman
His actions have consequences.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Or just get dashcams lol

12 days later

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
It’s called ghosting, saving themselves gas as you take the headwind. 
Rubbing is racing. Racing is Rubbing.