Cracks in the Uniparty.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 46
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Jim Jordan is leading a protest vote to break apart the Uniparty.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
As always, GP is a liar.  Jordan is begging the alt-right to vote for McCarthy.  But overall, I hope the Republicans never come to agreement on Speaker and fail to actually take power in the House until Democrats gain the majority.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
19 defectors by the latest vote.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I don't understand. If people hate America they don't have to destroy it by voting Democrat. They literally can just move to a country that is already destroyed by liberalism like Venezuela 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I'm totally fine with a dead Republican party. It will shatter the illusion that there was actually a choice.

Neocon/neolib.

Nothing neo about it after 40 years.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
The democrat party is not democratic, it is just more democratic than the republican party. The republican party is not republican, it is just more republican than the democrat party.

Of course, you are allowed to lie if everyone believes so, and you can allow to be a different identity if everyone in society is allowed to hoard money...as long as the IRS doesn't knock on your door to inquire your funds. Today, the goal of both parties are essentially to make more money, and the fact they itself make money internally is itself a factor why one may not vote them.

Technically both parties are very similar, except that they are bound as if they have to hate each other.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm totally fine with a dead Republican party. It will shatter the illusion that there was actually a choice.

Neocon/neolib.

Nothing neo about it after 40 years.
Amen
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Everyone has a crack.

And some have two.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
What are your odds on the Rhino making it as speaker despite the setback?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5

lol! Hakeem Jeffries has a 3% chance, Trump has a 2% chance.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
What are your odds on the Rhino making it as speaker despite the setback?
I doubt Kevin gets it at this point. Remember, he was denied it after Boehner resigned too. HFC definitely knows something about Kevin that we don’t.

I personally want Byron Donalds. He’s a member for the HFC. Him being the first Black Speaker would make the Democrats go nuts.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
Now why would you want a party that investigates their political opponents, [1] rigs votes, [2] [4] and actively partners with enemies of the state like China [3] [5] to have the majority?

Make no mistake, the Republicans are not much better. The vote rigging indictments and convictions from the DOJ as of late and the disturbing connections to Russia make me skiddish about them being in control too.

But, come on now. The Democrats are not any better at all. They're just as compromised as the Republican party.

Both of the political parties suck. In the last election I literally did not vote for my representatives and wrote someone in for Congress because all my options sucked.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
McCarthy is 0 for four :)

The only thing the GOP has anymore is divisiveness, they can't even work with themselves now LOL.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
Now why would you want a party that investigates their political opponents,

rigs votes,

and actively partners with enemies of the state like China 

Republicans are objectively far more corrupt than Democrats in every aspect.  You can't name a Democratic sin that isn't committed fifty-fold times worse on the Republican side.

Right now, you literally have a dude who lied about his criminal record, lied about his education, lied about his job history, started a fake charity and kept it all for himself (a la Trump), spent millions last year while getting evicted from his apartment (which wasn't even in the Congressional district he was supposed to be in) but doesn't seem to have any legal source of income, lied about being divorced, lied about his current marriage, who Republicans are 100% supporting as a legitimate Member of Congress.  Republican corruption is out of control and far in excess of  any Democratic failings. 

A Russian dictator invades Europe and the Republicans corruptly side with the dictator.

When radicals tried to overthrow the US governement, the Republican Party actively supported and provided cover for the terrorists.  The Republican Party is not a particulary pro-American or pro-Democracy party.  Why should any loyal American suffer the Republican Party to continue plaguing our Nation?

To quote Jesus on the subject, "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
And yet none of that addresses the point that you want the Democrats, who are just as corrupt, to stay in power.

Democrats are just as corrupt. The whole party is bankrolled by the CCP.

If you hate Trump for selling out, then you should hate Democrats too.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
-->@oromagi
And yet none of that addresses the point that you want the Democrats, who are just as corrupt, to stay in power.

Democrats are just as corrupt. The whole party is bankrolled by the CCP.

If you hate Trump for selling out, then you should hate Democrats too.

• You asked my reason for supporting Democrats and it is only your poor reading comprehension that prevents your from being answered:
    • As I already said:
      • In every negative respect you can think of, from pedophilia to highway robbery, from promoting medical disinformation during a pandemic for personal profit to cheating on their taxes while raising taxes on the middle class, modern Republicans are fifty times worse than modern Democrats.  Outgoing Republicans describe their party as given over to a cocaine-fueled orgy.
    • Objectively, choosing the least corrupt party because it is less corrupt is by itself a very excellent reason.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Sidewalker
The only thing the GOP has anymore is divisiveness, they can't even work with themselves now LOL.
You totally owned Republicans by saying they aren't a hive mind
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
Objectively, choosing the least corrupt party because it is less corrupt is by itself a very excellent reason.
1: they are both equally corrupt.

But even if I grant you, for the sake of argument, that the GOP is more corrupt, then why even accept corruption at all?

It sounds to me that you want corruption no matter what.

The lesser of two evils is still evil. The lesser corrupt of two parties is still corrupt. Why accept either one?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
McCarthy is 0 for six now...you guys really know how to not be a hive mind lol.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice
-->@oromagi
Objectively, choosing the least corrupt party because it is less corrupt is by itself a very excellent reason.

But even if I grant you, for the sake of argument, that the GOP is more corrupt, then why even accept corruption at all?

The lesser of two evils is still evil. The lesser corrupt of two parties is still corrupt. Why accept either one?
  • Only a god-damned fool supposes there is such a thing as power without corruption.
  • As Lord Acton succintly said, ""Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men…"
    • We Liberals understand there no such thing as purity in politics.  The trick to good and sustainable government is to spread out the power as much as you can and remain effective.   Conservatives always want a king and always seek to pool power towards some new coronation and therefore Conservatives in every society ever built have always been the more corrupt.  Liberals always seek to spread the power around and therefore in every society ever built the Liberals are always the less corrupt.  This is just basic politics 101.  There is no such thing as no corruption and applying such a black & white purity test always leads to greater corruption. We fight corruption by fighting for maximum equality, maximum human freedoms, maximum power sharing across the diverse interests and talents of community.

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Public-Choice

So we should take door number three?

OK, and where is that door number three again?  

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
Only a god-damned fool supposes there is such a thing as power without corruption.
So just say you want corruption already.

And also God rules the world. God is not corrupt. Therefore you would have to be a damned fool to suppose there ISN'T power without corruption.

As an Irish Catholic I wouldn't think claiming God is corrupt would become you.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Right now you are just making excuses for why you WANT corruption.

I, on the other hand, will hold out giving my support for candidates until they can display an ardent desire to be non-corrupt. 

Notice I didn't say perfect, but I DID say non-corrupt. There's a MAJOR difference.

But YOU, on the other hand are just full of excuses. Just admit it already. You WANT corruption.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Public-Choice

So just say you want corruption already.
  • It just physics, human nature.  You can't consume energy without pollution, you can't use power without corruption.
  • Thank you for confirming that you are a fool
And also God rules the world.   God is not corrupt.
  • Who made corruption?  Who made the devil?  Who created the eternal suffering of hell?  God did.  Who made pain?  God did.  Who punished humanity for eternity just because Eve wanted knowledge?  God did.  Who murdered everyone on Earth for displeasing him execept one little ship?  God did.  Who murdered the first-born sons of an entire nation just to punish one stubborn king?  God did.  Who founded a religion by demanding Abraham sacrifice his only son?  God did.  Who nuked two cities for excessive partying?  God did.  Who turned a good woman into salt just for looking over her shoulder at her home which he just burned to the ground?  God did.  Who nailed his only son to a cross as a symbol of forgiveness rather than simply forgiving?  Who watched his son suffer for a couple of hours before deciding he was satisfied?  God did.
    • If the Bible speaks true, then YHWH is the one and only and  everlasting source of all corruption on Earth.  All corruption seeps from shit that God made.  I don't know what book you're reading but YHWH is the most corrupt motherfucker of all.
  • YHWH is also a classic example of the Conservative impulse to follow kings.  Liberals assume we are free to act and everyone shares like resposiblity for human happiness on Earth.   Conservatives fail to take responsibility for their actions and manufacture invisible kings in their white male  likeness, sitting on invisible thrones, with invisible superpowers and then use that invisible king to justify all kinds of nasty shit-  let's enslave women because our invisible king told us to, let's enslave Black people because Ham saw his Dad naked and the invisble king was much displeased.  Let's hate the gays because the invisible king sanctions our hate.  
    • It's all just phony bullshit Conservatives tell themselves to excuse their abuses of power and cover the pleasure you take in that abuse.

Notice I didn't say perfect, but I DID say non-corrupt. There's a MAJOR difference.
  • And then you end up following Trumps and Putins and David Koreshes and never understand why it always ends in tears and rubble.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@oromagi
It just physics, human nature. You can't consume energy without pollution, you can't use power without corruption.
False. God is all powerful and not corrupt.

Windmills that use streams for a source of energy do not pollute.

You are accepting corruption in government. You are not only accepting it but DEFENDING it. Just admit it already.

You want the Democrats in power even though they are corrupt. Ergo, you want corruption in power

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Public-Choice
Co2 is also not a pollutant.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Greyparrot
Of course it isn't. I was just making a point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
Co2 is also not a pollutant.
The hell it isn't, CO2 is the primary greenhouse gas causing global warming, it is the pollutant byproduct of burning fossil fuels. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
McCarthy is just one more example of Trump supporters being humiliated, you guys are just gluttons for punishment.

"Yeah, but Biden blah blah blah, and his son's computer blah blah blah, and build a wall blah blah blah, and conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy..."

The country is so over Trump, Trump supporters can only lose, and they can't even do that with dignity.