Flash Mafia

Author: badger

Total: 23
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Idea given here:

I don't know how we'd actually do it or where we'd get the games, but I think it's a cool idea. Mafia without having to deal with people. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
It’s interesting for sure. Logistically it would probably be hard 
badger
badger
-->
@ILikePie5
I mean I was thinking we probably have a mountain of DDO games that are pretty damn unsearchable. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
I mean I was thinking we probably have a mountain of DDO games that are pretty damn unsearchable. 
Does the archive even work now that the website is gone?
badger
badger
-->
@ILikePie5
Did that USBurning guy not archive the whole of DDO? I'm saying someone could go into that and pull out pages from games randomly. Or something. I know people could cheat, but it'd be a lot of work if they weren't tech savvy and if there was a lot of games in there. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
Ya he did I think. Too many cheaters exist tho
badger
badger
-->
@ILikePie5
Could actually do it with Mafiascum. Site's not easily searchable with Google at all. 
badger
badger
-->
@Earth
@Vader
@Mharman
@PREZ-HILTON
bump this. Would anyone be interested in this? I think I could rig up a few rounds pretty easily. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I am willing to participate just to prove objectively how superior my reading is to others here.

I will prefer this to be a long experiment, I am far more edged out when having gotten the sense of the meta of others.

I did not participate in DDO Mafia almost at all, due to being banned. The way I did was offsite a couple times.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
To have me participate, you would need to unblock me.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@badger
I have screenshots of the results and setups of every DDO non-beginner series mafia game ever.

I just haven’t put the information into a Google doc, but I will at some point.

I’m also hoping to talk to players from those games to see what they remember happened; I think it’d be cool to at least have short descriptions of what exactly happened in those games.
Mharman
Mharman
Oh, and once I’m done with the Google Doc, I’ll create a new archive. It’ll have some games that were lost to history too- they predate the first game in the archives.
Mharman
Mharman
But don’t expect that to happen until summer
Mharman
Mharman
Probably will be posted near the end of summer
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@badger
As for your idea, it looks cool. We could have our own site Championship, winner goes to the MafiaUniverse Championship to represent us.
Mharman
Mharman
And if you don’t wanna spend the time on MU, you can just decline and it will roll over to 2nd place.

That way we can still encourage a large as possible entry list for the DART mafia championship.

I would love large-scale games (like the old DDO used to have) for such an event

Mharman
Mharman

Might be a pipe dream, but I wanna try it
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
can't just ban me, I will be polite if there is enforcement for others being rude.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
Not saying I would host it, but if I did, it would have such enforcement.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Mharman
Not a problem for me whatsoever. I know statistically by my own measurements of reads (since I judge by my votes at the end of day periods as some votes are purely reaction tests that I pretend are scumreads) how often I'm correct or not, I've even DMd Wylted a read I have on his ongoing game. I am allowed to say that as I'm not in the game. That read includes both scum and 2 solid townreads I have. I sent the DM in Discord so I can tell you as that PM doxxing rule firstly doesn't cover if you do it offsite and secondly if I myself expose only what I said/sent.

I know the rules to the letter almost and I know there is a major gaping loophole in the rules that let people abuse each other freely in mafia games. I did what I did to prove it, me not being punished for genuinely verbally abusing Pie is something you don't realise is the proof you need to start a revolution that should stem from how put off you are that the mods stood by and allowed it.

That is what I felt too in the past here. They allow bullying in those games, it's wrong. So, rather than focus only on me, realise the bigger problem.

I don't need to play even 1 more game of mafia to know I play it better than others here, I can see how often I towntell, how often I accurately read and such and trust me it's more often than any other user on this website, by far, That2user is second place to me.

As for why I'd want to compete in what Badger offers, I want to see how much of my skill is to do with how my way of playing forces out tells in others and how much of my skill is solely reading capacity where I didn't make the tells happen at a high frequency by my activity.

What you are saying is an actual tournament of sorts, how would that work? Who gets eliminated?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
I told you his ego wouldn’t let him quit the realm of mafia forever
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
Respectfully, let’s just drop the beef. Please.

If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it. It might be best if you two don’t even mention each other.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@RationalMadman
I feel like the best format would be:

3 different open, but very balanced (ideally designed by the best game designers on the site) setups that are played. 3 judges will score the game on performance.  Like Olympic stunt events, it will have to be subjective, but ideally the 3 most universally fair judges will be accepted.

Might have to be 2 designers and 2 judges, depending on who's available.

Then everyone else plays it out. Best total score after all 3 games wins.