RationalMadman challenged, I accepted.

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 80
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
@RationalMadman

Offer me 3 topics and the sides you want on them. I'll pick one of them.

TOPIC ONE:
Racism is not a driving factor in (in)equality in the United States; any perceived disparity has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture.

TOPIC TWO:
Social-psychology and the Law play a central role in the Abortion debate that is oft ignored. So much so that those who advocate for the pro-life position believe abortion is legal murder and that [a] full-blown "human being" exists at conception worthy of all the rights, privileges and equal protections of the law (in other words, they confuse cellular life with personhood in favor of ignoring the 14th Amendment - AND - fetal viability). 

TOPIC THREE: 
The issues surrounding violent encounters with police where black (mostly, and specifically) and brown people are concerned have more to do with the culture of those minorities and very little to do with the culture of policing. The social-psychology of policing is nuanced and more reactionary than proactive. As a result, their actions are predicated on the "in the field" (boots on the ground) circumstances on a case-by-case basis (e.g. no two traffic stops are equally the same; each one is always unpredictable).

As I agree with each topic I listed/put forth, I will take the PRO side on each. 

• We will need to agree on the timeliness of responses (how many days to research and respond; takes time to read, formulate and write a cogent response).
  • We will need to agree that when citing sources, so that each of us understand the context of each citation, no less than two quotes from each citation must be used giving context/relevance to why the cited source was even used as it directly relates to the argument/point being proffered. 
  • We will need to agree on no actual fallacious uses of the ad hominem argument (valid observations of attitude, behavior and demeanor are excluded).
  • We will need to agree not to write lengthy paragraphs, but rather break down the points so its easily readable and coherent.
  • We will need to agree to respond point by point and not convolute the discussion. In other words, do not take A1 and retort on it after you retort to A6. An orderly debate/discussion is necessary for not only our benefit, but the readers/voters as well. 
  • We will need to agree on credible sources where the author(s) have demonstrated their veracity by a clear bibliography of research conducted to substantiate their respective pieces. Opinion Editorials have to be judged on the sources they cite. Absolutely NO genetic fallacies will be used or tolerated. 
  • We will need to agree to stay on the subject agreed to and no deviations off the subject matter (no red herring or non-sequitur arguments). 
  • We will need to agree to keep as much subjective emotions out of the agreed upon topic so as to keep the format as productive as possible. Only objectivity backed by verifiable facts followed by the citations given to back each claim up. 
If you have any terms to add, please do so. Otherwise, that's about all (the most important ones that come to mind) that I can think of off the bat. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
2 and 3 are not debate topics, they are descriptions or Round 1s.

Also you cannot have rated debates as is. So my interest has dwindled.

I will accept the first without the extension after the semicolon, with me as Con.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
Cool. 

If you two decide to debate and require a judge, tag me and I will vote. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
All three are debatable “topics.” All three. 
I gave you what you asked for. Topics. 
You didn’t ask for a formulated proposed argument. 
You asked for topics. I gave you three topics. 

And you have to accept the topic in its entirety, no cherry picking. 

Once you pic the topic, a formal argument will be made in the creation of the debate. 

So stop making petty excuses. 

Your apparent negative attitude is duly noted. 🙄
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@TWS1405_2
forgive me for being presumptuous, but it seems like he is willing to debate:
Racism is not a driving factor in (in)equality in the United States
he wants to take it as the contender.

the other topics he seems to broadly categorize and interconnect under social injustice/inequality/psychology. perhaps offer him 2 topics that dont fall under this. perhaps philosophy or religion, etc.

im not speaking for him, just attempting to convey what I THINK he says.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Melcharaz
No, he didn’t accept the entirety of the topic. He doesn’t get to cherry pick parts he likes and parts he doesn’t. I gave the topics, either accept it in its entirety or don’t in its entirety. 

And I don’t. Are what you think, only what can be proven. Let him speak for and prove himself.  
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@TWS1405_2
are there any other topics you would like to debate him on?
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Also you cannot have rated debates as is. So my interest has dwindled.
Temporary error of judgment that will be remedied soon.
Postpone the debate until then. 
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
Hm, I'm interested if this debate actually follows through. Seeing the side with so much confidence lose would be priceless. Nevertheless I also would enjoy reading the topic. 

I'm not saying I want one or the other to win but the both of you have such high confidence, obviously only one of you will lose with such confidence. 

Good luck, ill be watching out for this debate if it is published. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Melcharaz
are there any other topics you would like to debate him on? 
No. I gave my three. Those are the three “topics.”

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Bella3sp
The only one with the overly confident attitude (ie - Dunning Kruger Effect) that kicked this off is RM:

RationalMadman
02.15.2023 09:35AM
-->
@TWS1405_2
wanna step into the arena with me? you're gonna be crying to your reflection afterwards.

Offer me 3 topics and the sides you want on them. I'll pick one of them.

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Rational will win. 
It’s a wrap the moment this debate starts. 
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@TWS1405_2
Yes, it is clear who started this. Though, you seemed to spark this debate.. That said, you still seem confident continuing to proceed with this debate.

Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Seemed like a wrap from the beginning of this conversation... 

Possibly we'll be surprised.. not..

Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@TWS1405_2
Also speak carefully with your words..

He has the full ability to dominate someone in a debate. I've seen it plenty of times in his debates. 

This just makes me laugh. 

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Bella3sp
He has the full ability to dominate someone in a debate. I've seen it plenty of times in his debates. 
😂 

You’re clearly not reading the debates I’ve seen RM participate in.  

Bella3sp
Bella3sp
-->
@TWS1405_2
I didn't say in all his debates or even most. I said he has the ability. You're clearly not reading it throughly.

Keep in mind that I have nothing against you nor want to have anything against you. I'm just stating my opinion on this conversation. Right now, you seem to be doing the same, stating your opinion, but who knows. 

Also,  I simply need to get my qualification for creating topic forums 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Bella3sp
I didn't say in all his debates or even most. I said he has the ability. You're clearly not reading it throughly.
Uh, no. Clearly you’re not reading it correctly. I never said all his debates. I inferred his so-called self-professed  “experience” debating. It s an umbrella generalation. Not specific to one or all. It’s a generalization. 

Maybe you need to brush up on your English, not to mention reading comprehension skills. They’re both found wanting. 

Also,  I simply need to get my qualification for creating topic forums
Practice on someone else. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
its not about the debate, its about who votes on your debate. ive seen brilliant and nearly flawless rounds and yet the other person wins because they saw it in a diff perspective.
thats why you go the judge route, choose people who wont vote bomb or hate vote you, but actually understand your perspective.

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Melcharaz
Me and RM loathe the fuck out of eachother, but our personal views have never conflicted while voting. 

He cries to the mods that I bully him, but I still trust his ability to judge objectively on my debates. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
you are foolish to trust people.
However, your tolerance for his judgement doesnt negate the comment i made.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Melcharaz
Perhaps ‘trust’ was the wrong word. 
know he will judge objectively.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
as long as he sees fit to.
i dont trust the integrity of anyone until i know them personally.
if you wish to have faith in a person you dont know, just dont give religions crap for doing the same thing if they are wrong.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Melcharaz
I’m not going by faith, I’m basing my assessment from my own personal observation and previous experiences of him voting on my debates while we were sworn enemies. 

Of course, that’s separate from characterizing who he is personally. 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
you either have faith in him or you have faith in your assessment of him.
both are shaky grounds, especially if you consider him an enemy.

watch people over the years, you get a sense of what they value.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Melcharaz
thats why you go the judge route, choose people who wont vote bomb or hate vote you
No one has a choice in the people who vote. People vote for their own reasons. Be it legit and honest, or nefarious and assholish. 

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
You put forth the challenge, I answered. 

Either accept the topics you asked me to provide or piss off. Your excuses are pathetic. And they speak volumes of your intellectual cowardice. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Jfc, this shit is too funny. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@TWS1405_2
Call him Rat-Man. 
Seems to trigger him. 
Bella3sp
Bella3sp
Alright, now that you're done... Congratulations. You are arguing with the wrong person, I'm not RationalMadMan. Which is obvious from the start. Further, I never had a part in your little baiting for arguments. 

I was simply just stating how I would be interested if this debate begins. You seem like you're luring or baiting an argument out of "everyone." However, I prefer to keep it limited, so hopefully, this won't extend. 

You should practice on someone else, such as maybe arguing with the right person. That's a great start. 

I was going to respond a bit more differently, but as said, I wouldn't like for this to go any further. 

I assume you're either going to leave this alone, and it's possible we will most likely headbutt again, or you will continue and make a fool of yourself. It's your choice.