Covid 65 - 75 Highest Risk of Death

Author: ebuc

Total: 11
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc

.......' For older Americans, the pandemic still poses significant dangers. About three-quarters of Covid deaths have occurred in people over 65, with the greatest losses concentrated among those over 75.

.........In January, the number of Covid-related deaths fell after a holiday spike but nevertheless numbered about 2,100 among those ages 65 to 74, more than 3,500 among 75- to 84-year-olds and nearly 5,000 among those over 85. Those three groups accounted for about 90 percent of the nation’s Covid deaths last month.
Hospital admissions, which have also been dropping, remain more than five times as high among people over 70 as among those in their 50s.

......Hospitals can endanger older patients even when the conditions that brought them in are successfully treated; the harmful effects of drugs, inactivity, sleep deprivation, delirium and other stresses can take months to recover from — or can land them back in the hospital.'......

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Well, for older people, again, we all know: their immune system has already been worn, so Covid, along with pretty any other form of contagious disease, is just a catalyst for their ultimate death and they are going to die anyways.

For younger generations such as myself here, at this point, not even the thickest American variant is going to kill me pretty much. But again, I have considerably important stuff to do in the upcoming months, so precautions it is.

Do y'all Americans still wear masks to this day, other than explicitly medical or industrial purposes?
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@Intelligence_06
depends on where you are at. but for the most part, people arent walking the streets with masks.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
Out of consideration of my immuno-comprised wife, Ive been wearing mask for most part since beginng of pandemic. With the recent declining spike of covid infections, ive not worn the mask in some public places and at work, however, 95% of time I wear mask when bringing wife grocieries, mail and hanging out occasionally with her.  Ex watching a movie together or MSNBC etc.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Older people will die, by design.

Prevention, eventually becomes futile.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Prevention, eventually becomes futile
Zed, the key word above is "eventually" and what we each do in here and now, out of respect to others, is what matters to friends, family etc.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
If A B and C are vaccinated, and D chooses not to be,

Then A B and C are protected, and D chooses not to be.

Any one of them could come into contact with the Covid virus,

Though A B and C would be better protected, and D has chosen not to be.

Therefore, they all should be content with their own choices, and respectful of each others.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Therefore, they all should be content with their own choices, and respectful of each others.

Zed, if this above relates to my post #6, then I'm lost. Sorry.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Out of respect to others, is what matters to friends, family etc.
Perhaps I misunderstood.

I was just saying....... As long as we are all happy with our own choices then we should all be happy with each others choices.

Mutual respect as it were.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
As long as we are all happy with our own choices then we should all be happy with each others choices.
Out of respect to family, others etc is perhaps how I should have phrased it.  I dunno.

Zed, the key word above is "eventually" and what we each do in here and now, but until then our of respect to family, others etc

Again, i'm not sure I where your trying to go with all this.  Sorry.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
OK.