The Woman King is the most epic anti-white-supremacist movie EVER made.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 48
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Surpassed my expectations in every regard. Total. Fucking. Masterpiece. 

spoiler warning

Feminism in its raw, ferocious form but not hating the men that are good. Black pride in its purest, unadultered, undeniably visceral and justifiable form, the way it makes you feel their rage, to actually comprehend how they felt a release way beyond freedom and safety as they killed and beat the shit out of the white and black slavers alike is built up to in the best way possible.

Seriously proper spoiler warning

When she kills her former rapist in front of their illegitimate daughter who she is not sure is even safe at that point, just that she is alive and is a traded slave probably... the scene is something so fucking powerful words cannot do it justice.

Acting 10, cinematography 10, FUCK it was Amazing, I was ready to cringe at some things or find it too predictable but the flow of scenes was so peculiar in a great way. You had no idea what mood or pace the next scene would have. The accents were done so accurate.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
A masterpiece? Hardly. It was factually inaccurate where the slavery angle was portrayed. 

“As alluded to earlier, the most significant historical inaccuracy in The Woman King is Dahomey's relationship to slavery. In the movie, Nanisca and Ghezo are passionately opposed to the slave trade and vow to end the practice. In reality, King Ghezo was one of the most vicious slavers in all of West Africa.“

“However, to the detriment of African history, The Woman King conceals Dahomey’s participation in the transatlantic slave trade between 1715 and 1850.”

“Historical fraudulence is a problem, but the reasons behind it are what cause alarm. Director Gina Prince-Bythewood and screenwriters Dana Stevens and Maria Bello gainsay Dahomey’s role in the slave trade, trivializing the complications of that original sin. Instead, they offer another Millennial gender-flip, conceived to further sexual confusion via racial frustration and feminist anger.”

All this movie did was demonstrate denialism via a rewriting of factual history with factual inaccuracies. 

Not only that, it is a feminist’s wet dream where the men are emasculated and the women’s abilities were grossly over exaggerated. 

It’s lengthy, but here is a black woman (and a pretty cute one too) explaining that this movie is problematic and not what BW need. 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
Surpassed my expectations in every regard. Total. Fucking. Masterpiece. 
How?

It made a bad historical figure look amazing.

It's like making the same movie but with Hitler instead. 

You do know that in the historical context, that woman sold slaves to white Europeans.
The movie made her look like a hero.

Very historically inaccurate, and for the only purpose to be woke.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Oh did she hurt some of your racist ancestors? My apologies  she should have let the slavers and rapists thrive in Africa just to make cunts happy.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It is implied in the movie that the king who let her rise alongside him (they didn't have the word queen then and they were not together in that way) had been negotiating and trading with the slavers before she said enough is enough.

The movie shows something way beyond that. I think a lot of people today do not comprehend why there is deep rage and agony amongst blacks. This movie shows what ne er ever got proper justice done for.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There have been movies made from a more sympathetic POV of Hitler btw, to show how the sensitive artist ended up as he did.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
The men were not emasculated at all, the male warriors actually had more privilege as they could have sex and get married, the female ones had to make an oath of heterosexual celibacy.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I liked the movie regardless and they were real warriors.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
That’s all you have to say and focus on, what you “think” the portrayal of the black men were like? 

You’re wrong.  You’re just not getting it. Here…

“Boyega’s King of Dahomey is emasculated by this woke fanfiction, as despite being an African king in the 1820s, his female soldiers are insubordinate to the point where it’s almost like they have themselves realized that they have ‘marginalized persons’ armor.
Not even the King’s own wife respects his authority. This is Feminist Storytelling 101 – a woman cannot be shown as being ‘equal’ to a man by her own merits, but only by tearing down men and making them look inferior.” - 
https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/16/the-woman-king-review-a-fantasy-that-runs-from-the-truth/amp/

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
I liked the movie regardless and they were real warriors.
What does their warrior status have to do with anything? Lots of groups across the world were “warriors” too. So what! 

The movie shows something way beyond that. I think a lot of people today do not comprehend why there is deep rage and agony amongst blacks. This movie shows what ne er ever got proper justice done for.

What you’re not saying (admitting to) is the very FACT that: “Once you realize the narrative that the film presents intentionally side-steps the fact that the Dahomey were some of the worst slavers in not only African, but world history, the film as a whole just falls apart.” 

The film was a lie!! And a bold face one too. Even Viola finally admitted it was fictionalized. 

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
--> 
@YouFound_Lxam
Oh did she hurt some of your racist ancestors? My apologies  she should have let the slavers and rapists thrive in Africa just to make cunts happy.

You really are ignorant of African history as it relates to the history of the slave trade, etc.  And when you make posts like this, it really demonstrates the Dunning Kruger Effect to the proverbial “T”!! 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
Can you give me the proof that the Dahomey people were the worst slavers in history? How is it even possible to be worse than the ones trading with them and goading them into continuing it?

How much research has really been done into this? How are we so sure the slavers didnt rewrite the history?

Show me the facts and metrics on which the dahomey people are the worst slavers.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
Goddamn you’re so ignorant. 

If you don’t believe me, you could look it up yourself and learn so I don’t have to waste my time being a tutor of African history. I mean really, FFS, look up Thomas Sowell. 

Also, one (or more) of the links I provided speaks to that truth. Which goes to show you that you don’t even bother looking at the cited sources others give you. That’s just fucking lazy!!! And disrespectful. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
I gave you six links that proves my claims. Again, you’re just lazy and disrespectful in not looking at the cited sources one gives to substantiate their argued/proffered position. 

How much research has really been done into this? How are we so sure the slavers didnt rewrite the history?
You’re just full of excuses. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@RationalMadman
Cool, you enjoyed the movie,

Reads them as slavers and slave traders though.

Still, not as though colonial powers don't have their faults in history,
And people enjoyed that 300 movie about Spartans well enough, despite 'their history.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
No.........historically she traded with white Europeans. 
And guess what she was trading?

Slaves. 

Hmmmmm......interesting. 

It is implied in the movie that the king who let her rise alongside him (they didn't have the word queen then and they were not together in that way) had been negotiating and trading with the slavers before she said enough is enough.

Yea......in the movie. Hate to break it to you, but movies don't always tell reality.

In actuality, she never ever tried to stop negotiating and trading with the Europeans, because that is what she did. 
And there isn't any deep rage towards blacks, if that were the case, then slavery in America would still exist. 

There have been movies made from a more sympathetic POV of Hitler btw, to show how the sensitive artist ended up as he did.
Those movies show what actually happened in history though...........they are historically accurate. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And there isn't any deep rage towards blacks, if that were the case, then slavery in America would still exist. 
I said rage and agony amongst blacks towards slavers. There is a rage among them that is often demonised because  you don't understand what they're furious about. I think this movie showed both feminist and racial double standards throughout history and the rage attached in a very brilliant masterpiece. You really felt the rage build in you and joy as they sliced up the slavers, in my opinion. It's very easy to go 'omg pacifism' until you see what they're up against and that violence felt like the only option.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
@YouFound_Lxam
@TWS1405_2
King Ghezo's reign was marked by great battles and significant changes to the empire, including the elevation of the Agojie. These "Dahomey Amazon" were pivotal to the defeat of Oyo Empire. His reign also cemented the Kingdom of Dahomey as one of the most powerful African kingdoms that stood against British attempts, with Egba support, at converting people to Christianity, and maintained their traditional religion, known as Vodun. He abolished the human sacrifice of slaves and removed the death penalty for certain lesser offenses, such as adultery. Despite the kingdom's history of brutality, King Ghezo was often characterized as honorable and unconquerable, even by his enemies. British missionary Thomas Birch Freeman also depicted him as "one of the most remarkable men of his age, whether we consider him in his private capacity as a man, or as a warrior and a statesmen."[16]

Ghezo was the male king before he let the leader of the Agojie to become a woman King alongside him, in the movie. I don't really care what you're saying it was a phenomenal movie to me. You are correct it lies and implies the Dahomey were more benevolent than they actually were.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
I said rage and agony amongst blacks towards slavers. There is a rage among them that is often demonised because  you don't understand what they're furious about.
Most modern day black Americans today don't understand either. 
Because they didn't experience slavery, or true oppression. 

Your don't share the same feelings as your ancestor's. 

I think this movie showed both feminist and racial double standards throughout history and the rage attached in a very brilliant masterpiece.
The movie was a disgrace to the historical  continuity.

You really felt the rage build in you and joy as they sliced up the slavers, in my opinion. It's very easy to go 'omg pacifism' until you see what they're up against and that violence felt like the only option.
No one today who was born in America has experienced slavery, therefore don't have a reason for violence. 
Also violence towards whom? Slavers? Well there all dead, so thats not gonna be a problem. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Because they didn't experience slavery, or true oppression. 
They experience financial oppression and if they are ever in any kind of legal trouble they hahve historically even in the last 10 years gotten the brutal end of enforcement.

Their ancestors being what they are is relevant. They know stories most bury about how far slavery went. There has never been an actual proper restoration, retribution nor apology given for the slavery it's just 'get over it' even though they still experience a lot of setbacks today.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No one today who was born in America has experienced slavery, therefore don't have a reason for violence. 
Also violence towards whom? Slavers? Well there all dead, so thats not gonna be a problem. 
They are treated like would-be criminals and are often poor due to their ancestors being slaves.  For several generations after slavery was abolished, racism was still fully rampants in America if we stick to the US but also in Europe etc.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
out of curiosity, if someone is wealthy due to inheriting from a slaver's chain-reaction wealth, should that be taken from them towards reparations or not?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@RationalMadman
The decrease in the slave trade resulted in additional reforms during the last years of Ghezo's rule. He significantly reduced the wars and slave raids by the kingdom and in 1853 told the British that he reduced the practice of human sacrifice at the Annual Customs (possibly ending sacrifice of war captives completely and only sacrificing convicted criminals)[6] However, these positions were reversed dramatically in 1857 and 1858 as Ghezo became hostile to the British; he revived slave trade through the port of Whydah, and in 1858, Dahomey attacked Abeokuta. The decision to attack Abeokuta had been resisted by Ghezo, but there was significant domestic pressure on Ghezo that the attack had been allowed to happen.[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghezo
Never watched the movie myself,
But it 'did look well made, by the trailers.

And I'm not trying to be a jerk, by pointing out the slave trading and human sacrifice,

West had a hand in the slave trade as well,
Lot of war and struggle of power in Africa, can't always do the right thing,
Have to deal with one's own people, and politicians,
Enemy armies.

And as I said, lot of 'historical movies take liberties with source material,
But people enjoy them anyway,
Like Braveheart (1995).
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@RationalMadman
@TWS1405_2
Nanisca dahomey played by a black actress was racist. And the whole of casting should have been fired for not making it diverse enough. Whites were out numbered 20 to 1.

Even Viola finally admitted it was fictionalized. 

Only after the film was exposed as historically inaccurate.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Oh dear, they should have definitely cast white people for a black African warrior army.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh dear, they should have definitely cast white people for a black African warrior army.

You are certainly behind the times aren't you. Have you not been keeping up with the woke shite that has been spewed all over the western world for the last five fkn years and it's penchant for "colour blind" casting.  
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
They are treated like would-be criminals and are often poor due to their ancestors being slaves.  For several generations after slavery was abolished, racism was still fully rampants in America if we stick to the US but also in Europe etc.
Actually the reason for blacks being poorer than the average white person is not because of a history of slavery.
It's a history of culture, because of laws that were passed that incentivised women for divorces. And a lack of a father figure in the home causes a culture where sons and daughters don't have a father like figure to look up to.

out of curiosity, if someone is wealthy due to inheriting from a slaver's chain-reaction wealth, should that be taken from them towards reparations or not?
All the money from slaves have been spent, or processed throughout the course of history in some way. 
The person who owns that money did not enslave anyone, so no it shouldn't. 

It's not their fault. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
do you know what inheritance is?
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Stephen
Even Viola finally admitted it was fictionalized. 

Only after the film was exposed as historically inaccurate.

Thank you, Captain Obvious (derp…no shit Sherlock).

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't really care what you're saying…
You made that abundantly clear when you ignored everything factually accurate that I posted in response to your emotively driven excitement for this historically inaccurate PC/WOKE movie. 

it was a phenomenal movie to me. You are correct it lies and implies the Dahomey were more benevolent than they actually were.
Thank you. I think that is the first time you actually admitted someone other than yourself put forth a factually accurate response to one of your emphatically preferred positions. 

I am sure it was a phenomenal movie to you, but in your OP you came off as if you actually believed what the movie portrayed as far as history goes. A history so many people the world over (especially black Americans) are so ignorant of it’s pathetic. It’s precisely why I enjoy watching YouTube videos of reactions by regular black folk when they watch narrated videos by Thomas Sowell (among others) about the real historical facts of slavery, the Atlantic Slave trade, and Africa’s direct participation in it. The glow of the educated and enlightened is a pleasure to watch. Even better are the same educated and enlightened blacks giving their movie review of such a movie as The Woman King (which I provided a link to in my initial response to you).

The truth is a beautiful thing. It will set you free.