Vaccines protect against heart damage from Covid

Author: FLRW

Total: 20
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

A new study, published today in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, suggests that vaccination may protect against major cardiovascular events — like heart attacks and strokes — associated with Covid.
The study analyzed data from nearly 2 million people in the National Covid Cohort Collaborative database. About 218,000 had received at least one dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna mRNA vaccine, or Johnson & Johnson’s single dose vaccine. Even partial vaccination was associated with lower risk of cardiovascular events for at least six months, the researchers found.
FLRW
FLRW

Covid can cause damage to the heart on a cellular level that can lead to lasting problems, including irregular heartbeats and heart failure, preliminary research suggests.
Covid’s effects on the heart have been well documented, but a new study zooms in on the microscopic changes thought to be caused by the virus.
Researchers from Columbia University in New York City examined autopsied heart tissue from people who had Covid, and found that the infection damaged the way cells in the heart regulate levels of calcium, a mineral that plays an important role in how the organ contracts and pumps blood throughout the body. In another part of the study, the same damage was seen in mice with Covid.

25 days later

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@FLRW
I am as pro vaccine as it comes (on a personal level).  I have had 2 vaccines and 2 boosters; I never had any serious side effects from them.  I want everyone to get all the updated boosters their age group requires.  My issue is with firing people from their jobs over not wanting to get vaccinated.  If that happened, about 1/3 of the country is going to lose their jobs, and I as a vaccinated person, don't want  to pay for their welfare or to have them starve from not having a job.

Now, if a company wants to have a rule where the unvaccinated have to test weekly or some amount of time or wear masks, I would let each company decide on their own if they want to do that.  If I had a company, I wouldn't do that because I don't want to lose customers.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
Correct me if I am wrong.

But my assumption is that vaccination doesn't actually prevent one from acquiring the Covid virus, but just limits the effects.

Therefore aren't unvaccinated people only really a threat to themselves and their fellow anti-vaxxers.

So if I am sat at a desk with my anti-vax colleague and a third party agent wafts by, I might have a few days of work, whereas my colleague might be off for longer.

What I conclude from this is that vaccine mandates are not really a health consideration per se, but primarily all about productivity and financial considerations.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
@FLRW
What I conclude from this is that vaccine mandates are not really a health consideration

False. Tho covid varies with human infection.

My wifes grandaugther ---RN in hospital--  has blood clots in legs and pulmanary embolism, with resultant pneumonia from long covid. At least that is the suspected culprit from her having covid last summer{?} or fall, even after one or more vaccines prior to being infected. Some people seem to be more susceptable to these blood issues, more that others, with or without vaccine

The Chinese new of some related heart/blood issues from covid in very early days of observations.

..."Some people with COVID-19 develop abnormal blood clots, including in the smallest blood vessels. The clots may also form in multiple places in the body, including in the lungs. This unusual clotting may cause different complications, including organ damage, heart attack and stroke."..

I belive her grandaughter had the mRNA vaccine not the below Johnson and Johnson.

..."as with any vaccine, rare adverse events have been reported after COVID-19 vaccination. For example, some people who received the Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca vaccines reported blood clots. The condition is known as thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome or TTS. Out of more than 18 million people who got J&J vaccines in the U.S., 60 cases of TTS were reported, and nine people died. Most people who developed these problems were female, ages 18 to 49. For women, the risk of blood clots after the J&J vaccine is estimated to be 5.8 per million. For men, the risk of blood clots after J&J is 2.2 per million.

It is important to put this risk in context. The overall risk of an unvaccinated person dying from a COVID-19 infection is much higher than the risk of clots from the Johnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca vaccines. "...
sadolite
sadolite
What is the risk of dying from covid if you do nothing at all and just live life?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Probably slightly higher if one is unvaccinated.

And probably increases as one gets older.

But for sure, it really is a get knocked down by a bus and gotta go some time thing.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4

..." Last weekend, The Times published a survey of pandemic recommendations from experts considering the possibility of another outbreak,

and it looked to me as though in nearly every case even those taking the more aggressive side of the argument endorsed mitigation measures that were no stronger and often weaker or more caveated than those that had been put in place in 2020.

..They did so even though the hypothetical disease they were considering was both more transmissible and more deadly than the new coronavirus (and even though it also affected children and adults equally). That is, faced with a disease that would spread more quickly than Covid, kill more of those infected than Covid, with a mortality burden, compared with Covid’s, markedly rebalanced toward the young, they would vote, in general, to do less."...

Read whole Times article here LINK

..."America Has Decided It Went Overboard on Covid-19....
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
I would believe these studies if the companies that make vaccines were allowed to be sued for being wrong about the science.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Your post reminds me of this article.
DavidAZ
Debates: 8
DavidAZ
I don't believe in vaccines at all.  I never vaccinated my children and I will never get the jab for Covid.

Zed is right.  It all comes down to money for the pharmaceutical companies.  You can look at charts showing the infection for whatever disease and when a vaccine was introduced and there will be no correlation.

The biggest association to a drop in the rate of disease is the ability to be sanitary in your environment.  Washing your hands is the biggest prevention to disease.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@FLRW
We are lazy nerds who go on the internet to debate. How about a link to save us some actual clicks that we don't want to engage in?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Intelligence_06

There are plenty of nuts on this site.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@FLRW
Thank you.

The source looks authentic, that is good. Though I am not an expert.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
I strongly protest.

I am neither lazy, nor a nerd.

Only joking.

Though I still think that I am neither lazy nor a nerd.

12 days later

Platypi
Debates: 1
Platypi
-->
@FLRW
What are you taking away from this?

Do you think the vaccine makes people more resistant to circulatory problems, or that the vaccine just happens to have less associated risk than the virus? 

Do you think that an explanation could be provided that is correlated, but otherwise not linked to choosing whether or not to obtain vaccination?

Platypi
Debates: 1
Platypi
-->
@FLRW

Which vaccines do you think have more problems for certain people?

7 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Platypi
Which vaccines do you think have more problems for certain people?
Johnson and Johnson early on had most side-effects.  I dont know if we have any data or accurate data from those used in China, Russia etc.

I know after the first mRNA vaccine I got { Moderna } , I had these young teens or early 20 year olds, telling me that I and others who got the mRNA would be dead in three years.

I looked at my vaccine card Jan 1, 2021. So 2 years Jan 6 2023. It is now April 2023. So next Jan, Feb, etc if I'm still here at DArt, I will we will know more, eh?

H,mm that doesnt jive with the info I found online below.

..."On January 31, 2022, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted full approval to the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for persons aged ≥18 years."....

....."A mere 13 months after trial initiation, the vaccine became the first FDA approved COVID-19 vaccine on August 23, 2021."...

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

Moderna recently said that it is five to seven years away from unveiling a “groundbreaking set of new vaccines for a range of conditions including cancer, cardiovascular and autoimmune diseases”. These vaccines are based on the success of the company’s mRNA (modified RNA) vaccine to protect against  COVID-19.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
Moderna recently said that it is five to seven years away from unveiling a “groundbreaking set of new vaccines for a range of conditions including cancer, cardiovascular and autoimmune diseases”. These vaccines are based on the success of the company’s mRNA (modified RNA) vaccine to protect against  COVID-19.
  I dont see Trumpeteer's disease in that list.  That may take a mDNA retro-fit. :--))  There coming to get you gas stoves, your guns, then RNA-DNA. !@#$%^&*()_+ Ahhh run for you for lives before Biden and democrats takeover the world.