Charles Barkley and the Plague of 'Unintelligent' Blacks

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 27
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2

"Charles Barkley recently explained why "we as black people are never going to be successful." His reasoning is painful:
"We as black people are never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you are black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people," Barkley said.
Barkley, a native of Leeds, [Alabama,] said African Americans are too concerned with street cred than true success and that's holding the community back.
"For some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you're not a thug or an idiot, you're not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don't break the law, you're not a good black person. It's a dirty, dark secret in the black community.
"There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don't have success. It's best to knock a successful black person down because they're intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they're successful. It's just typical BS that goes on when you're black, man."
It's worth noting that there isn't much difference between Barkley's claim that "there are a lot black people who are unintelligent" and the claims of a garden-variety racist. I assume that Barkley meant to say something more nuanced. That more charitable analysis, though, is far from a "dirty dark secret." The notion that black irresponsibility is at least part of the "race problem" is widely shared among black America's most prominent figures, beginning—but not ending—with the president of the United States.

~ Thinking people have a decision to make. Will they follow a tradition that half-apologizes when powerful people commit awful crimes? Or will they follow the tradition of Ida B. Wells, of study and investigation, of trying to understand, no matter how horrible that understanding may ultimately seem to be?

It never ceases to amaze me how it is okay for a black person to tell the truth about blacks and certain aspects of the black experience (community, life, etc.) with little to no criticism, but if a white person says no different, they are labeled "a garden-variety racist." However as of late, when educated black individuals speak no differently than Charles Barkley, even expanding on that truth with facts over the left's fiction, they are labeled "the Black face of white supremacy" like Larry Elder, among others. 

Another example is Jonathan Capehart, who has been accused just the same as being the black face of white supremacy.

"To be fair, he’s one of many black faces of white supremacy — one of many famous black media figures who whimper for white progressive sympathy while enjoying the lavish life of a 1 percenter.

As someone who’s been poor, homeless multiple times and lived check-to-check, I don’t appreciate it when the world’s most fortunate black people bastardize my existence and expect me to live in fear while being applauded for selling me out.

They are the bigots of low expectations, and we should always remind them of our present-day and historical fortitude."

Flagrant wanton denialism of truth, facts, evidence of those on the progressive left, democrats, and their cohorts is rather disturbing and self-destructive.

Thoughts?

Discuss. 

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I've always said it has never been about race. Its always been about weakness, stupidity and  ego  no matter what it is. You hold yourself back and no one else. You think I am not a billionaire for lack of desire? No, its because I am not willing to sacrifice to become one. I am why I am not a billionaire. I am why I am not everything I could be and so are all of you. But go ahead and blame me if it makes you feel better, I don't care. No one cares if you succeed or fail.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@sadolite
Well said!! 

29 days later

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
dont give them a voice in your life, family, community. protect what is important to you.

billions of voices speak everyday, it is the will of satan that the loudest ones be the most evil and wrong. In time their hopes and deeds will fade and they will be forgotten. all of us have a voice, the question is, who is giving out the megaphones/microphones?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
Black people live in your head rent free. 

15 days later

Joejoe582
Joejoe582
-->
@sadolite
Thinking that everybody can be a billionaire or part of any other economic successful minority is a fallacy we are told since we're kids to fool us into accepting our society the way it is. The truth is most people can't be rich because capitalism doesn't allow that, it implies that for the rich to exist you need a poor class that outnumbers the rich so they can be controlled and exploited by the rich to keep their power. That means the vast majority of people will never succeed, and that's the main reason why you and I and everybody here failed to be billionaires.

So black people that fail to encourage other black people to succeed are doing nothing but making them see that by becoming a member of the elite the smart blacks are abandoning their roots and being absorbed by the rich, smart and successful. It's Animal Farm at its best. The best thing the smart blacks could do to make a real difference is try to reduce the inequality and make the world better for everybody instead of focusing on their own success.
sadolite
sadolite
"Thinking that everybody can be a billionaire or part of any other economic successful minority is a fallacy " I never said that.

"capitalism doesn't allow that" so fill us in on what does allow you to become a billionaire 

Everyone is a victim. You most definitely will never be a billionaire. You cant even imagine being one.

Based on your response it is unlikely you will ever achieve  a six figure income let alone a million or a billion. You already threw in  the towel.
Joejoe582
Joejoe582
I never got on the ring because I don't think being rich should be a goal for anyone. By becoming rich you're perpetuating the scheme and encouraging other poor people to think they can become rich too, while it's obvious the vast majority of them will never succeed. A new rich is nothing but a successful sheep, a happy puppet you can say.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Joejoe582
Being rich comes with all the stresses of being rich

Just as being poor comes with all the stresses of being poor.

Just as being anything in between, comes with all the stresses of that too.

Survival takes mental and physical effort.

And it will kill you in the end.

Doesn't matter how much cash you have.

A niche, common sense and contentment are three coping strategies.

But even these take effort.

Perhaps the best one can hope for is a good contentment to effort ratio.

25% effort to 75% contentment, or something like that.

Sweet dreams.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Being a billionaire who exploits a general portion of the population should not be seen as success. I believe Black people should look towards Malcolm X or even Nelson Mandela for role models, they truly cared about the people, not their own pockets.

7 days later

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06

Being a billionaire who exploits a general portion of the population should not be seen as success. I believe Black people should look towards Malcolm X or even Nelson Mandela for role models, they truly cared about the people, not their own pockets.
In fact, I think, if most black people aim for selfish deeds like the personal accumulation of wealth as the primary objective, that will be exactly why african americans in general will have hindered success. The hero of the African Americans should not just be some rich guy who probably even exploits you implicitly, but someone who cares about them all.

Ignore what Mao has done "incorrectly", the reason China can even be #2 today is not because he tried to be rich, but that he tried to unite all the working class in the country. That is what Africans Americans and Africans should do for themselves, not even themself.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
Who did Oprah Winfrey, Kanye, and Michael Jordan exploit?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Greyparrot
I am not saying they did.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
Being a billionaire who exploits a general portion of the population should not be seen as success.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Greyparrot
That is my quote isn't it.

To clarify, what makes these people successful as considered is not(and should not) be that they are rich, but they have skills that make them rich. For example, people praise Michael Jordan for being good at basketball, praise Oprah for being a flagrant personality on television. They are praised because of skills, and fundamentally not money. Nobody would like a $2Bn worth guy that just sits on the couch doing nothing because his dad gave it to him. 

Which brings my point stated above. What should be sought is not that you make money, but that you can do something, preferably altruistic. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
Altruism is only worth something to the seller and rarely to the buyer. People are generally skeptical of free shit. And for good reason.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
People are generally skeptical of free shit.
The resources on Earth are free for the taking. Wind, sun, fossil fuels, fresh water etc.

They should also be skeptical of a humanity that blindly continues to pollute the environment that sustains them.
.....unsustainable society because of dumb shit................

How much shit ---that humans dont really need--- is produced and gone into landfills, the air, the oceans etc?
............unsustainable economy because of dumb shit............

They should also be skeptical of those who stick there head in a hole in ground and ignore the dwindling fresh water  supplies and clean air.
.......unsustainable practice by idiots that is encouraged by idiots...............

To get smart is a free, yet as a society, we humans are kind of slow, because of our greed to have more uneccessary stuff, for the current costs to our ecology.
.......unsustainable lack of intelligence is also free....................
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The resources on Earth are free for the taking
Said no extinct species ever.

Especially the orange animals.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
Said no extinct species ever.
The ability of humans to exploit all of Earths resources began with our with business of world around trading ships. 1700's til now is  320 years.

Now go back and check the rate of human population growth over the years humanity has been on Earth.   You fooling yourself --practicing self-induced ignorance-- to not face the truth of what is happening with ecology ---includes fresh water, clean air, etc--- due to human population growth and the abilities to burn-down-the-house to produce billionares, millionares etc with shit humans could get along without.

Those who think humans are Gods divine plan and can do no harm to the ecology that sustains us all, are practicing self induced ignorance. 

Attempt to exceed Earths resource limits and face the consequences.  This ass backwards into the future. Not mind forward into the future
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
the ecology that sustains us all
Lol, no it doesn't Most of the Earth is completely uninhabitable for humans. Some people live in extremely unsustainable ecologies with some of the lowest standards of living on Earth. 

It's not ecology that sustains most of us, it's technology.

But that was a nice Luddite speech. Very flowery and vapid. With a hint of Orange.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
self induced ignorance = OGP = ________?

.."Ecology is the study of the relationships between living organisms, including humans, and their physical environment; it seeks to understand the vital connections between plants and animals and the world around them. Ecology also provides information about the benefits of ecosystems and how we can use Earth’s resources in ways that leave the environment healthy for future generations."...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
i think ebuc is getting a shade of orange in his old age.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
124 Things That Are Orange in Nature

" bearded dragons " #7

OGP is #10

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ebuc
As we age, the skin can become thinner and lose some of its elasticity, which can cause it to appear more transparent and reveal the underlying blood vessels. This can give the skin a slightly yellow or orange tint in some areas, particularly on the hands and feet.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
OGP and The Plague of "unintelligent" Orange People

Not to mention the crazy --sick-in-head ones--  like Trumpet who like to grab woman by their genitals and think this normal behaviour accepted by men and women alike.  This is OGP's --and others ultra-right wing conservatives here at DArt---  that also condone most if not all of the actions of this narrcistic nutter.

Were living in more and more weirdo times, as the weird immorals --backed by the evangelical nutters--  are becoming more and more accepted as the new normal.

77 days later

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
It's worth noting that there isn't much difference between Barkley's claim that "there are a lot black people who are unintelligent" and the claims of a garden-variety racist. I assume that Barkley meant to say something more nuanced. That more charitable analysis, though, is far from a "dirty dark secret." The notion that black irresponsibility is at least part of the "race problem" is widely shared among black America's most prominent figures, beginning—but not ending—with the president of the United States.
Black people are doing terribly in our society because they are inherently lazy and unintelligent, so they value things like street credibility over education - Racist

Black people are doing terribly in our society because they value things like street credibility over education as a result of centuries of slavery followed by decades of segregation and discrimination leading to a culture that has become detached from the mainstream of America thereby perpetuating the issue further - Not racist

The basic facts of the black community are really not in dispute, what separates racists from non racists is whether you believe the disparities are the result of inherent inferiorities (the very definition of racism) or of circumstances which black people have faced and been forced to try to overcome since they were brought here against their will centuries ago.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
-->
@<<<TWS1405_2>>>
Black people are doing terribly in our society because they are inherently lazy and unintelligent, so they value things like street credibility over education - Racist
Check out that linked video of a real-life fact substantiating that highlighted statement. And it is a video presented by a black man affirming the facts addressed in that real life new story that just happened in New York. Also, that statement is NOT fucking racist. It is truth. Truth =/= racism. You are a denialist. 

Black people are doing terribly in our society because they value things like street credibility over education as a result of centuries of slavery followed by decades of segregation and discrimination leading to a culture that has become detached from the mainstream of America thereby perpetuating the issue further - Not racist
Factually inaccurate statement that is indicative of closet racist white guilt liberals or denialist black liberals who constantly and consistently vote/support democrat policies.

The basic facts of the black community are really not in dispute, what separates racists from non racists is whether you believe the disparities are the result of inherent inferiorities (the very definition of racism) or of circumstances which black people have faced and been forced to try to overcome since they were brought here against their will centuries ago.

Inherent inferiorities are a fact base truth for some, not all, but many...which is self-evident from the civil rights movement forward. Nothing from over 350-450 years ago has absolutely NO FUCKING EFFECT on any black person today. Any claim to such panders and encourages the victimhood mentality instilled by liberal democratic policies and ideology.