Is the J6 narrative falling apart?

Author: sadolite

Total: 15
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Considering all those hearings with absolutely no cross examination or questioning of any witness let alone a opposing defense being allowed. Now video evidence clearly being covered up can any critical thinking person not think this was a political sham and witch hunt?  Is this new video evidence just fabricated lies made on computers using CGI?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
You are a moron. All the witnesses at the hearing were republicans.

There is no video evidence that is exculpatory.

Those Tucker Carlson videos do NOT clear the Trump wack jobs of the crimes they committed 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
You are a liar to say no defense was allowed. McCarthy chose not to participate. Trump chose not to participate. People who were conspiring with Trump plead the 5th amendment hundreds of times.

25 days later

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
J6 committee is now claiming they didn't review the video surveillance. 

A smart move as they could have been censured for knowingly withholding exculpatory evidence.

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@sadolite
Absolutely, despite all those videos of people breaking windows, throwing fire extinguishers at the police, and hitting them with flag poles, squashing the police in doors, breaking and climbing barricades and being pepper sprayed, and being shot when climbing through a broken window; a handful of videos showing people not doing that totally proves that all these people were totally peaceful and clearly didn’t know they weren’t allowed in the Capitol.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
And Josh Hawley wasn’t really running away from the mob, he was actually running backwards towards the mob to confront them, but the Democrats played the video in reverse.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Ramshutu
a handful of videos showing people not doing that totally proves that all these people were totally peaceful and clearly didn’t know they weren’t allowed in the Capitol.

It may or may not prove the protest was mostly peaceful, but it definitely proved the committee had a singular agenda and it definitely proved censorship, intentional or not as they claim..

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Ramshutu
and being shot when climbing through a broken window;
Do you think the cops may be just a bit more responsible for that than the mob? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Only if the mob is black.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
It may or may not prove the protest was mostly peaceful, but it definitely proved the committee had a singular agenda and it definitely proved censorship, intentional or not as they claim..
How, exactly?

I mean it’s not like we didn’t know there were moments and locations at which there wasn’t any violence and things weren’t particularly tense - just as we know there were multiple moments at which there were.

The only affect these videos have isn’t to change how we see the broader set events as they were portrayed by the committee, at all - but more to give people who are desperately seeking reasons to believe the committee is unfair or unreasonable, some tentative evidence that you can use to support it (provided they don’t think about it too hard)

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Do you think the cops may be just a bit more responsible for that than the mob? 
So you have a building with important members of the federal government inside.

The mob breaks down external barriers blocking people from entering and climb over. They break windows and climb in, they assault a number of police officers with various implements in and outside. The mob encroach on a room that still has members of the federal government in it being evacuated. They are behind two doors - a group of protesters break a window on one, and one climbs through - with one door, and a couple of police officers the only individuals standing between the mob and the House of Representatives.

Yes - the mob bears the bulk of the responsibility for this.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Ramshutu
So you have a building with important members of the federal government inside.
I don't really see them as more important than your average citizen. I like the old days when people would just be able to confront their Congress man in public and have a discussion or a debate about policy issues. 

I believe it's a mistake to treat the members of Congress as any more special than any random member of society. They're human and their life is not in danger just by having a confrontation with some members of the opposition party. 

I ran into a senator at the grocery store once. He was with an aide . He was a democrat so I wasn't a fan of his policies. I didn't attack him. I wasn't even rude to him, and my beliefs are probably similar to those at the January 6th protest. We just aren't the type of people to physically attack senators of policy disagreements.

I don't feel their lives were in danger from people like me and I don't think they are special and deserve any more security than ordinary citizens. 

Had that officer not shot Ashley babbitt, the worst that would have happened is some members of government got cornered and screamed at before dispersing on their own. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
and my beliefs are probably similar to those at the January 6th protest. 
Plus you are a wanted criminal with a warrant out for your arrest as you already admitted.

Had that officer not shot Ashley babbitt, the worst that would have happened is some members of government got cornered and screamed at before dispersing on their own.
That’s absolute nonsense. The protesters assaulted the police and injured 140 of them while breaking in to the Capitol and vandalizing it.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
That’s absolute nonsense. The protesters assaulted the police and injured 140 of them while breaking in to the Capitol and vandalizing it.
A lot of that was crowd crush and the police resisted which meant the crowd had to use force. 

Always comply
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
A lot of that was crowd crush and the police resisted which meant the crowd had to use force. 
That’s absolute bullshit.