How to end the wars

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 9
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Anytime a head of state sends their country to fight an offensive war, they got to send one of their children to fight in it.  The UN makes this international law and enforce this law like all other laws are enforced.

Let’s see how quickly the wars end.  This is for Yemen, Ukraine, Palestine; end the bloodshed!
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
wouldnt work. history proves it. you do know that muslim's use children to blow up things right?
hey-yo
Debates: 24
hey-yo
What laws does or can the un enforce outside of un territory? 

I say let the leaders fight like in ancient times. Well they had champions but I say leaders. Even the best presidential fighter will be beaten. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
I think it's fairly common in history, for heads of state or their children to go to war,
As in fight alongside their armies, or lead them.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Lemming
Yeah, but Putin isn’t going to send HIS kids to fight in Ukraine (but he’s fine with sending OTHER people’s kids).  It’s hypocritical.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@Melcharaz

ISIS is gone.  And the US military is the number one terror state.  We kill way more civilians than ISIS does.  The Iraq war is a failure.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
Eh, Stalin did,
"Died at the Sachsenhausen concentration camp in 1943 after his father refused to make a deal to secure his release."

The British did,
"Prince Harry has flown out of Afghanistan at the end of a four-month tour, during which he admitted killing insurgents while piloting his Apache"

Lincolns did, towards the war's end, though no one 'knew the war was ending then, (I think)
"Much to the embarrassment of the president, Mary Todd Lincoln prevented Robert Lincoln from joining the Army until shortly before the war's conclusion.[10] "We have lost one son, and his loss is as much as I can bear, without being called upon to make another sacrifice," Mary Todd Lincoln insisted to President Lincoln.[11] President Lincoln argued "our son is not more dear to us than the sons of other people are to their mothers." However, Mary Todd Lincoln persisted by stating that she could not "bear to have Robert exposed to danger." In January 1865, the First Lady gave in and President Lincoln wrote Ulysses Grant, asking if Robert could be placed on his staff.[11][12]

Robert Todd Lincoln, partially undated (c. 1860s)
On February 11, 1865, Lincoln was commissioned as an assistant adjutant with a captain's rank. He served in the last weeks of the American Civil War on General Grant's staff, which meant he probably would not be involved in any actual combat; regardless, his father was very proud.[13] He was present at Appomattox when Lee surrendered.[10] He resigned his commission on June 12, 1865, and returned to civilian life."

. . .

I'm going to sidestep the Putin question by these examples,
To argue against the Topic's main thrust,

I don't think the children of rulers, serving in combat, will prevent war.

One can even make arguments against it being hypocritical if they 'didn't send/allow their kids in war,
But I need to go to sleep for work tonight,
Well, in 5 or 10 minutes go to sleep,
But I want to enjoy my 5 or 10 minutes before sleep, in a different manner than crafting arguments, right this moment.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Lemming
I don't think the children of rulers, serving in combat, will prevent war.
Why not?  Politicians love their children enough to not send them to war.

One can even make arguments against it being hypocritical if they 'didn't send/allow their kids in war,
How so?

But I want to enjoy my 5 or 10 minutes before sleep, in a different manner than crafting arguments, right this moment.
Np; make an argument when your ready.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't know what you're talking about,
Being a politician or a ruler,
Does not prevent one's children from serving in the military.

Many rulers and politicians have been proud of their children in the military,
Societies 'do vary, based on culture/time.

So I'd agree that politicians and rulers 'have exempted their children in some times, places,
Or used their influence to place their kids in safer spots.

But you're ignoring history at large, and all the times children of rulers 'have served in the military.
. . .

One could argue that there are jobs other than the military, where people can contribute to their country,

One can argue that sending a ruler's children to war, paints a bullseye on the unit they are serving with, putting their fellows in danger,

One can argue that rulers are human, and not always immune to their children as bargaining chips, if captured,

One can argue that it is natural for a parent to care more about their children, than other's kids,
That a ruler 'needs be functioning, not always stressed and worried about their children being in danger,
Or go mad/vengeful, if their child is killed in combat,
This does not mean that other parents suffering is less real,
But the non ruler parent, is not on the levers of the country,
It is imperative that a ruler act at best efficiency, not be blinded by emotion.
. . . .

At 'most, a ruler or politician's children serving, would put more into their perspective, their countrymen's stakes, worries,
Which is good,
But it would 'not prevent war. ('I think)