DeSantis the DisArmer thinks freedom is free

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 17
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is dismissing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine as a “territorial dispute” and says protecting the European nation is not a vital U.S. interest, firmly putting the potential presidential candidate on the side of Donald Trump and at odds with top congressional Republicans.

So much for the party of Ronald Regan

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
"Top congressional republicans" in whose book?

It's also a glaring false analogy to imply that failing to arm some distant country is the same as disarming them or anyone else.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Pence said. “There is no room for Putin apologists in the Republican Party.”

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I can hear DeSantis now - “Mr Gorbachev, keep this wall up if it suits you!”

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
[IwantRooseveltagain] Pence said. “There is no room for Putin apologists in the Republican Party.”
Turned out, there was no room for Pence in the republican party.... (couldn't help it, too low hanging)
ebuc
ebuc
DeSantis is child of Trumpet. Freedom to poop in others faces for no valid or necessarily reason is what both of these two are excellent at doing.

I cant help to wonder how much of their immoral character is due to their parents raising of them. I dunno. Just curious.

Dahmer stated his parents had nothing to do with his character. I believe that is possible, but still we always wonder what lead to these varying degrees of people with lack of moral integrity?

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
DeSantis 2014:  “We in the Congress have been urging the President, I’ve been, to provide arms to Ukraine. They want to fight their good fight. They’re not asking us to fight it for them. And the President has steadfastly refused. And I think that that’s a mistake.   I think that when someone like Putin sees Obama being indecisive, I think that whets his appetite to create more trouble in the area. And I think if we were to arm the Ukrainians, I think that would send a strong signal to him that he shouldn’t be going any further.”

DeSantis 2022: "This is a guy who basically is an authoritarian gas station attendant — OK? — with some legacy nuclear weapons from the old Soviet Union,” DeSantis said of Putin. “Their whole society is hollowed out except for that energy. Hit him where it counts.

I guess DeSantis is now convinced Republicans can't win without Russia.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
This genius thinks arming a random Russian satellite state is somehow vital to American's who are thousands of miles away and unaffected. 

Zelensky has proven that country is not free by trying to have a political opponent banned, banning christian churches and banning t.v. news stations who disagree with his policy positions. This is two totalitarian regimes fighting over a piece of dirt. And in some regions of Ukraine they are very pro Russia and would prefer to remain a Russian satellite state
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Zelensky literally put an American journalist on a kill list for interviewing Russian Citizens in Crimea. Go look it up.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So much for the party of Ronald Regan
The Cold War has been over for decades. Appealing to Cold War foreign policy that made sense in a very different time and place is meaningless.

Who is to say that he would be as hawkish if he were elected today?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
The Cold War has been over for decades.
Is it over? Because now it’s a hot war?

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I seem to recall your buddy Obama telling Romney that the Cold War had been over for 20 years during the presidential debates.

Soviet Union collapsed. Russia is still a regional superpower rather than a global superpower, and they will continue to act how all regional superpowers act: by exerting influence over their neighbors.

Seems a foolish investment dumping so many millions of dollars in one of the most corrupt countries in the world while they are facing a superior foe. Way overshadows the foolishness of giving an 18 year old liberal arts major $60k and expecting to get any return on investment
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
No more foolish than dumping billions into Syria's civil war.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
I seem to recall your buddy Obama telling Romney that the Cold War had been over for 20 years during the presidential debates.
I remember Romney saying that Russia was our biggest enemy when we were losing hundreds of troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria and Obama said the twentieth century called to say they want their foreign policy back.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 Obama said the twentieth century called to say they want their foreign policy back.
Too bad Biden and Hillary never listened.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
No more foolish than dumping billions into Syria's civil war.
If we gave Assad cash money, it would be super stonks (to the moon)

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
remember Romney saying that Russia was our biggest enemy when we were losing hundreds of troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria and Obama said the twentieth century called to say they want their foreign policy back.
I’m glad we can agree that Romney is a dolt. Rare Obama w