What I don't understand about anti semetism

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 4
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
If a muslim says that they want to run Jewish people over with their car, the right (I think) would want that muslim prosecuted for hate speech.  I mean, many right wing states banned BDS protests (which being pro BDS agree with it or not is not the same thing as being anti Jewish people) and the right never screams about, "free speech" when it benefits Palestinains

But if a white christain Trump supporter says they want to run Jewish people over with their car, the right views it as, "hate speech is free speech".

The left is consistent with both.  No matter if it was Christain or Muslim, they would claim it's hate speech that should get prosecuted.  I can at least respect that.

But I'm a free speech absolutist, so for me, it wouldn't matter if the person that said it is Christain or Muslim, I think it's protected speech.  Now if they act on it and murder Jewish people, I'd want the murderer put to death with a public beheading.  But if it's just all talk, I think prosecuting someone for speech is too authoritarian.  This is whether Christian or Muslim.

The reason why I'm a free speech absolutist is I'm going to say 3 statements I may or may not agree with (this means I agree with it, this means I don't)

1) Death to murderers, rapists, and kidnappers.  They are horrible people.  I can't wait to cut their heads off.
2) Death to J walkers, baseball players, and singers.    They are horrible people.  I can't wait to cut their heads off.
3) Death to Jews, blacks, people that have gay sex, and people that cut off their dicks.    They are horrible people.  I can't wait to cut their heads off.

The left thinks that groups 1 and 2 are free speech that should be legal to say, whereas #3 is hate speech that should be banned.  I think they are all free speech (and hate speech, because it is speech where you are hating someone and all of these claims hate SOME group of people).  But I think hate speech is free speech.

The only sort of alternative view I could see is thinking #1 should be legal whereas 2 and 3 are banned because nothing is wrong (in most people's views) with being in 2 or 3, but there is something wrong with being in 1.  But I really think saying anything in #2 should be legal, so I have to treat #3 the same way.

I wonder if someone said, "Death to women that get 8 week abortions.  They are horrible people.  I can't wait to cut their heads off.", where that would fly under.  Some people think it's as bad as murder, so it would be #1, but others think it's #3 because they don't see it as murder.  I don't know how you can objectively determine where such a statement would fall under, but I have a feeling the left would want that statement banned under hate speech, just like they would for the other items in #3.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@TheUnderdog
If a muslim says that they want to run Jewish people over with their car, the right (I think) would want that muslim prosecuted for hate speech.  I mean, many right wing states banned BDS protests (which being pro BDS agree with it or not is not the same thing as being anti Jewish people) and the right never screams about, "free speech" when it benefits Palestinains
I suggest you read up on Brandenburg v Ohio
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@ILikePie5
That case was about the KKK.  If muslims did the same thing, the right would want the muslim banned for anti semetism (many right wing states banned BDS which is often done by Muslims).

I am a free speech absolutist for everyone of all religions and ethnicities.  The muslims get the right to want death to Jewish people just like Christains do.  Jews are allowed to wish death upon Christains as well in Israel where Jews are the majority; first amendment.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@TheUnderdog
That case was about the KKK.  If muslims did the same thing, the right would want the muslim banned for anti semetism (many right wing states banned BDS which is often done by Muslims).
Who said that? I support the Constitution regardless of who the person is.

I am a free speech absolutist for everyone of all religions and ethnicities.  The muslims get the right to want death to Jewish people just like Christains do.  Jews are allowed to wish death upon Christains as well in Israel where Jews are the majority; first amendment.
Sure. Now my question to you is should white people be allowed to use the “N word”