Earthquakes don't kill people, people kill people.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 25
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Simple.

Ban Earthquakes.

If that fails, ban people.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@Greyparrot
correct, if people obeyed God and repented, earthquakes wouldnt happen. if people put their house near a fault line, its not the earths fault that they live there.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Melcharaz
Would you consider such planning due to ignorance of geological factors, stretched manslaughter? //
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Greyparrot
If that fails, ban people.
Well, we have tried to ban some people in some places and we know how that turned out. If we ban all people, then it eventually just becomes something like social darwinism because some people will try to get in no matter what. Maybe by then they will look upon us past cowardly sharers with pity due to a difference in moral paradigms, and I can't say how bad or good that would turn out to be.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Intelligence_06
trying to apply legal concepts to the idea of natural disasters and human ignorance is such an extensive headache of subjective logic that i wont even entertain that question.

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
also, im not a lawyer.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Melcharaz
And everything is a play on definitions. And nothing is inherently "legal" or "moral" until we artificially made classifications upon ideas. And earthquakes is something defined to be dangerous to people.

I am fairly sure that in some interpretations, it would be true; in others it may not be. Just asking for your opinion, if you have one.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Melcharaz
The earthquake in Turkey that killed thousands of people a few months back, was due to bad building design/construction. Saying it’s an act of God distracts from the responsibility of officials who push through bad policy.  Poorly constructed buildings are as deadly as firearms.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Reece101
The leader of turkey changed the name because he is very petty and offended the name sounds like a bird in a foreign language. Not joking. The leader is actually that petty 
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Reece101
im not saying either or. im saying and both.
man sins and therefore earthquakes.
AND mankind makes choice via knowledge and ignorance.

If a building which was poorly made (which is a sin) causes an earthquake, then did not sin cause an earthquake?
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Intelligence_06
well. if you want my opinion. mankind errs in not sharing knowledge/awareness of such things, and also errs in disregarding that information if they are made aware of it. If i were a judge and had to settle a case regarding manslaughter and natural disasters, i would have to disregard the U.S law.
but to sum it up.
If they were aware of the potential and still chose to be there, they have made their own choice, no one was at fault.

if they were unaware of the dangers then i would probably demand reperations to the survivors from the people who should have made them aware of it. If i see the same person/people continually neglect to warn them, then i would seek to have them removed and possibly imprisioned for their willful negligence.

IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Melcharaz
if people obeyed God and repented, earthquakes wouldnt happen.
Ok, I have to block you now. I can’t tolerate your ignorance any longer.

Melcharaz
Melcharaz
its not my ignorance you cant tolerate, its my view of reality i hold through Jesus Christ.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Melcharaz
im not saying either or. im saying and both.
man sins and therefore earthquakes.
AND mankind makes choice via knowledge and ignorance.

If a building which was poorly made (which is a sin) causes an earthquake, then did not sin cause an earthquake?
Your god yet again killed innocent people including babies and children. Why didn’t he kill the actual people who are responsible?
This is brain rot.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
Japan banned earthquakes and they haven't had one since. That said, I'm not sure how much of that we can attribute to the ban. One strong argument I've seen is that if we ban earthquakes, hurricanes will just kill people instead (like in Britain). It's a matter of balancing constitutional rights with public safety.

Regardless, I think that earthquakes should at least be banned in public schools, and anything stronger than Category 7 should be banned overall. If the founding fathers had known how intense earthquakes would be today, I think they'd have come out against them more strongly.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Reece101
innocent people? LOL you are hilarious. everyone is a rotten evil sinner worthy of eternal suffering and despair.
its the grace of God that we arent just thrown in.

in reality though, earthquakes and other "natural" disasters are because humans keep sinning and doing evil.

but of course you have to pretend outrage about how evil God is while you do nothing to fix the problem, nothing gets done while people complain.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Melcharaz
You wouldn’t know reality if it hit you in the face.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Savant
Do you really think your table shaking can compete with a 9.1 Honshu magnitude?

Earthquakes are safest when only in the hands of the Government. Have we learned nothing from history?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
correct, if people obeyed God and repented, earthquakes wouldnt happen. if people put their house near a fault line, its not the earths fault that they live there.
And people cause earthquakes,  LOL.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
So ban people. Problem solved.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
If you ban earthquakes, then only criminals would have earthquakes leaving law abiding citizens defenseless.

The solution to earthquake deaths is more earthquakes.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Or you can defund Earthquakes. They are known for racial abuse.

If you ban earthquakes, then only criminals would have earthquakes leaving law abiding citizens defenseless
So ban criminals. Problem solved.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
Well, we have tried to ban some people in some places and we know how that turned out.
Good point
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
So ban people. Problem solved.
The Republicans are working on it, they are starting with the LGBTQ community, people of color, immigrants, and Jews
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
Clearly we need to recruit more trans terrorists to thin out republicans