Oklahoma hayseed resigns after caught on tape talking like a Republican

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 24
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
An Oklahoma county commissioner resigned on Wednesday after being caught on a recording allegedly making violent and racist remarks and jokes with members of the McCurtain County Sheriff's Office.

According to a transcript of the recording, Jennings appears to say that "back in the day" someone could take a "a damn Black guy and whoop their ass and throw him in the cell," he said.

"Take them down to Mud Creek and hang them up with a damn rope. But you can't do that anymore. They got more rights than we got," Jennings added.

The governor called for the resignations of Clardy, Jennings, Manning and Hendrix

This is not a story you would ever see on FOX News

Slainte
Debates: 25
Slainte
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I cannot argue that fact, and the conduct is reprehensible. 

The art of news is lost.  It is all ideological, fear mongering, virtue signalling, big corp supporting, government pandering crap.  Hannity,  Maddow, Cooper, are all echo chamber speakers.

I will point out that Tucker Carlson was the only MSM to interview RFK Jr. on. his Presidential Candidacy speech.   Interesting no?

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
So basically somebody said we used to live in a more racist society, and somehow saying society used to be more racist than it is today, triggered libtards.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Slainte
The art of news is lost. 
No, that’s not true.  What is lost is people’s ability to exercise critical thinking skills. FOX News was created in response to a realization that there are a lot of stupid people who want to hear lies rather than facts.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
So basically somebody said we used to live in a more racist society 
Basically someone was saying in the good ole days we could hang black people. Make America White Again! Then you wouldn’t have to work at Dennys anymore. Hell, you might even own a cotton plantation if blacks didn’t have all these rights today.

Slainte
Slainte
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
So it is FOX ...   not anyone else?    They are all fucked.   You be on that Kool-aid mainline.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Slainte
You be on that Kool-aid mainline.
Ya, you probably still think smoking is good for you.

Slainte
Slainte
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Pure deflection.   You are spouting crap and when called on it you deflect.  
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Basically someone was saying in the good ole days we could hang black people. Make America White Again! Then you wouldn’t have to work at Dennys anymore. Hell, you might even own a cotton plantation if blacks didn’t have all these rights today.
That's not what you quoted. 

The quotes you have seen to be a man claiming that racism used to be worse. I see nowhere where he claims that racism is good. 

Not sure why you care since you are a racist anyway, but the gentleman you quoted seemed to say nothing racist

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Slainte
So I post an article about an Oklahoma politician engaging in racist and violent commentary with 3 members of local law enforcement.

You respond by commenting “that Tucker Carlson was the only MSM to interview RFK Jr. on. his Presidential Candidacy speech” and that the art of news is lost.

And you say I’m deflecting?

You are spouting crap
What is crap exactly? That a member of the press caught some Republicans saying racist and violent things?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Slainte
I will point out that Tucker Carlson was the only MSM to interview RFK Jr. on. his Presidential Candidacy speech.   Interesting no?
Well, that tells you who isn't part of the ruling class.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The quotes you have seen to be a man claiming that racism used to be worse. I see nowhere where he claims that racism is good. 
The part where he said "They got more rights than we got" made it pretty obvious he wasn't hailing society's progress.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
the gentleman you quoted seemed to say nothing racist
Really? So why did the Republican Governor of the state call the comments “horrid” and ask for the resignations of all the people involved?

Do you ever get tired of being wrong over and over again?

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Double_R
The part where he said "They got more rights than we got" made it pretty obvious he wasn't hailing society's progress.
It sounds like hyperbole in celebration of black rights. You have to be a sick racist fuck to read anything more into that quote
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Really? So why did the Republican Governor of the state call the comments “horrid” and ask for the resignations of all the people involved?
Expediency 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Expediency
Oh, so he’s a total whore not willing to tow the White Supremacy line.

It sounds like hyperbole in celebration of black rights.
Oh so he was actually a big supporter of civil rights. I see. Oh I bet you too are a big, big ally for equal rights for blacks. You are their biggest supporter no doubt.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
It sounds like hyperbole in celebration of black rights. You have to be a sick racist fuck to read anything more into that quote
There was absolutely nothing celebratory of his tone, that's why he resigned as soon as this became public. Even he knew there was no way to spin this.

This is easily the stupidest arument thing I've ever heard you make.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Double_R
There was absolutely nothing celebratory of his tone
I don't understand this tone thing. Look at his actual words. Tone is just an excuse to twist words to mean something sick. All he said was that racism used to be worse than it is today. That is it, and some how you can hear by the tobe of his voice that he didn't mean what he said?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Words can absolutely have a tone, it's called context. Let's break it down...

The first clue is his usage of the word "damn", as in "a damn black guy". It is transparent from the start that he's not even pretending to be speaking positively about black people. We could really stop here.

Next, after describing grim details that were way too clear for someone speaking celebratory, notice his usage of the word "you". As in "you can't do that anymore". This gives us clear insight into who's point of view he's expressing. Hint: it's not that of black people.

Finally, the last sentence, "they got more rights than we got". They're is nothing remotely celebratory about one group having more rights than another. Even the most charitable interpretation of this phrase still makes no sense at all.

Put them all together and it is unmistakable to anyone who understands English.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Double_R
The first clue is his usage of the word "damn", as in "a damn black guy"
I am currently on the damn internet. Does saying that mean I hate the internet?

As in "you can't do that anymore". This gives us clear insight into who's point of view he's expressing. Hint: it's not that of black people.

I assume he isn't black so saying that "you" meaning somebody other than himself, likely a white guy can't get away with persecuting African Americans anymore is a good thing right?

Finally, the last sentence, "they got more rights than we got". They're is nothing remotely celebratory about one group having more rights than another. Even the most charitable interpretation of this phrase still makes no sense at all.
With hiring quotas and all, he is likely just referring to an over correction. Some people think hiring somebody by anything other than merit is bad some thing merit is racist. Whatever. It's not a value statement. 

He believes that African Americans have more rights than whites. If you think that is a good thing, well perhaps he does as well. If you think he is incorrect than state your premises. Don't cancel the guy because you assumed his words did not mean what his words actually said. 

I don't understand this tone shit. I don't pick up on it. I just respond precisely to what people are saying. Some may say not understanding tone is mildly autistic. I just think it leaves too much room for errors so we should always look at what is precisely being said and ignore tone altogether and my point of view here is objectively correct.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Does saying that mean I hate the internet?
It means you are frustrated with the internet at that particular time. 

You are such a moron trying to defend these guys. You are poor and stupid because you had crappy parents. It has nothing to do with black people, or the government for that matter.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I don't understand this tone shit. I don't pick up on it.
Yes, you've made that pretty obvious. The problem is that even as you acknowledge you don't understand it, you take issue with and judge those who do. That's insane.

Damn is used as an expression of frustration. When someone puts the word damn in front of a noun they are expressing frustration with that noun. This alone makes it clear that he is not expressing jubilation of the advancements of black people's rights.

I would explain the rest in even further detail but if you need "damn" explained to you then that's clearly going to be a waste of time. I'll just say that your impediment or insistence on not reading into tone is exactly how people come to believe mob bosses are innocent. After all if we're taking words purely literally then if someone comes to you and says "eh, nice family you got there, would be a shame if something happened to them" you would thank them for being so concerned.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Double_R
if someone comes to you and says "eh, nice family you got there, would be a shame if something happened to them" you would thank them for being so concerned.
Correct. Anyone who doesn't thank them is being rude. Anyone offended likely wants harm to come to their own family. 

Would you agree that tone at the very least can be misconstrued so looking at the precise meaning of words would leave less wiggle room for misunderstanding and therefore everyone should speak and interpret things in a very literal way?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Of course I would agree that in a perfect (in my conception) world, people would speak literally thereby making their message unmistakable. We do not live in that world. Human beings will always use expressions, metaphors, or otherwise imperfect language to communicate their ideas. It is a very basic and very necessary trait to be able to translate what someone is saying into real concepts. Lacking that ability is not something to brag about. It’s both remarkable and detrimental to oneself to be unable to do this.

The mobster boss example is just one reason why. If someone said this to you and you were really as clueless as you are portraying yourself to be, your family would end up dead and you would have no idea why.