Farewell and Goodbye: Moderation Update

Author: Vader

Total: 13
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Greetings DebateArt.

Over the past 5 years, DebateArt.com has been something I have enjoyed being a part of a great community of debaters and personalities over my time as a moderator and debater. The countless memories and friends I have made are irreplaceable and the time I spent here was well spent.

However, it is blatantly known that I am not active as a deputy moderator, and my activity level has stagnated over the past year. This is mostly due to my busy schedule with school and other extracurriculars. A good amount of that also concerns my lack of desire to debate.

I simply find no pleasure in getting into debates and other joys I had when I first joined the site. This has caused a drastic downfall in my activity because I just see nothing and feel nothing positive about debating people. When I do not feel passionate about something, I lose interest until I abandon it completely, which is what happened as time went on.

My time is also a big issue as well. I have taken over 18+ credit hours worth of classes + being in an executive position in my fraternity + being on the marketing team of an upstart company. This has consumed my time, and not to mention, the lack of passion I have for debating makes me put this website in the very depths of my mind.

So what is next? After 5 years on this site, it is time to retire and quit. I will be stepping down from my position as deputy moderator and leaving the site. My final act as moderator will be appointing the newest deputy mod that will replace me. This will be announced in the coming days. From there, I will no longer be an acting mod on the website.

Thank you to my fellow mods, whiteflame and Ragnar, who I got to mod with and I appreciate the service they have brung over the past 2 years. There are a bunch of other people I can thank as well, but I do not want to drag on this post. I also will not fully vacate the site either, so if you ever need an extra for Mafia, just shoot me a DM.

I have no doubt that this site will achieve great success without my presence. I got to know so many well-rounded people that have helped this site so many ways that I have no problem hanging up the moderator cleats and letting the sun set on my time at DebateArt.com.

Best of luck to everyone,
Vader AKA SupaDudz

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Vader
Thanks for all your contributions to DART within this time, Vader/SupaDudz. 

Shame that you’re leaving, but we’ll be glad when you return for Mafia games in the future. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Not much to say except you're obviously keeping busy and I wish you well in all that you're doing. We'll stay in touch, so keep me posted.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Vader
Been nice to know you,
But rest of life get's busy at times,
And debating sometimes loses it's moment for people.

Maybe see you again someday,
But even if not,
Good luck in life.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Vader

Thanks for your contribution and time at DebateArt. I wish for nothing but success and fulfillment in your new endeavors. Best of luck!
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
<3 supa
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
good luck
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
Thank you for all your contributions to this site. o7
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Rip SupaDaddy 2023 <3
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Vader
"I'd hate to see you go, but I'd love to watch you leave"

-DDO close account screen, referencing something idk
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
Supa, bish, Virtuoso, Imabench, Lunatic, Outplayz, EtrnlVw, keithprosser, secularmerlin. I've seen the back of a lot of good users now. I'll miss you, Sup.

59 days later

Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Castin
The good news is that when someone has given that much time to a community like this one or the one that came before it, every once in a while they'll pop back onto the site randomly to reminisce and see what all has been going on. 

Thanks for the shoutout, hope you've been doing well <3