@Sidewalker
just looking for shia muslims because ive only seen sunni ones so far
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Path2Paradise
Wondering if theres any Twelver Shias here

Are  the Shiites the ones that use whips and chains and slice themselves on the forehead — in a ritualistic punishment their bodies?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Same GOD

Yet another club.

Different membership rules.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Stephen

Yes, Shia Muslims worldwide cut themselves with swords and knives, covered their bodies with mud and lit bonfires in the streets to mourn the death of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson in October 2015.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
People are BRILLIANT.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

Yes, brilliant bugs.
Path2Paradise
Path2Paradise
-->
@Stephen
@FLRW
blood letting is called "tatbir" and not many shias do it, most shias like me do "latum" or "sine-zani" which means chest beating, and we do on ashura (in 20 days i think) in order to mourn the death of Imam hussein (Aleyhis salam), who is the grandson of Prophet's Muhammad (SAWS), He died at Karbala as a martyr. Hope this explains it for you 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Path2Paradise
Just describes some of the more bizarre aspects of an intelligent organisms shenanigans.

Must be the Gorilla in your DNA.

And yep, Battle of Karbala

Could have had a party

But no.

Preferred fighting.

That's intelligent organisms for you.
Path2Paradise
Path2Paradise
-->
@zedvictor4
Please refrain from mocking our mourning. We express our sorrow in a dignified manner by gently patting our chests instead of forcefully pounding them.

And yep, Battle of Karbala

Could have had a party

But no.

Preferred fighting.

That's intelligent organisms for you.
Even with a minimal amount of knowledge, one would recognize the historical significance of the Battle of Karbala. However, your apparent ignorance prevents you from understanding its profound importance. Imam Hussein (Aleyhis Salam) valiantly martyrised his life, safeguarding Islam from Yazid (May Allah Curse him).
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Path2Paradise
Wondering if theres any Twelver Shias here

Stephen wrote: Are  the Shiites the ones that use whips and chains and slice themselves on the forehead — in a ritualistic punishment their bodies?

blood letting is called "tatbir" and not many shias do it, most shias like me do "latum" or "sine-zani" which means chest beating, and we do on ashura (in 20 days i think) in order to mourn the death of Imam hussein (Aleyhis salam), who is the grandson of Prophet's Muhammad (SAWS), He died at Karbala as a martyr. Hope this explains it for you 
"Explains"?   Is all this has done for me, is confirm for me what an absolutely outdated and savage bloodthirsty ideology Islam is. I mean how does it serve anything or anyone to stand there in the street whipping one's self with chains and cutting one's self  with blades and in front of children too? Why not a public holiday in "respect" or "mourning" in remembrance  for your hero "martyr"? 

The battle of Karbala; this was Muslim "Brother" against Muslim "Brother" wasn't it?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If female Muslims where allowed to go on the this here interwebs .
Then we too , normal guys can abuse them also. 
Orrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Ain't athiests allowed to yell at female Muslims? 

They are aint they ?

I mean , its ok to yell at femake Muslims no matter what you are right ? 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Path2Paradise
History is only significant if your taught to make a song and dance about the past.

And "mourning" is just a ritual based upon the same song and dance.

As I stated....That's intelligent organisms for you.

Clever organisms live for today and think about tomorrow.

Now is gone the moment it occurs.

Never to be revisited.
Path2Paradise
Path2Paradise
-->
@zedvictor4
Based on your statement, it seems that you hold the belief that individuals engage in laughter, happiness, and dancing during funeral proceedings.
Path2Paradise
Path2Paradise
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I apologize for the lack of clarity in your message. May Allah (Subhanahu Wa ta'ala) provide you with guidance.
Path2Paradise
Path2Paradise
The battle of Karbala; this was Muslim "Brother" against Muslim "Brother" wasn't it?
Imam Hussein (AS), along with his companions, stood as the sole representatives of the Muslim faith in the Battle of Karbala. Their purpose was to safeguard Islam from the oppressive rule of Yazid, the tyrant leader.

Yazid (May Allah curse him) sought Imam Hussein's (the Grandson of the Prophet) allegiance to validate his own authority, but Imam Hussein refused, as he recognized the detrimental consequences of Yazid's leadership. In his noble resistance, Imam Hussein fought to protect the principles and teachings of Islam.

Yazid's actions included the legalization of alcohol, the destruction of the Kaaba, and the tragic assassination of the Prophet's Grandson, Imam Hussein.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Path2Paradise
No.

I do not believe.

Belief is uncertainty.

One either knows something or one doesn't.

Though I would agree that a celebration of passed friends is far better than mourning them.

And I would also suggest that mourning some guy who died 1400 years ago, is just conditioned  ritual for the sake of it.

But whatever floats ones boat.......As long as it's done peacefully and with the understanding that other people prefer to peacefully float other boats.