Here's what I think of TERFS

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 12
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
TERF stands for Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist.

Now the left hates TERFs and the right loves them.

I respect TERFs for coming to their own conclusions.

But what doesn't make sense is why this is the case.

I mean, sure, the TERFs are right wing on trans issues.  They ALSO are super pro choice (they ARE radical feminists after all).

So in a world that made sense, left wing trans activists and right wing pro life activists (who both would rather vote for a pro lifer that thinks transwomen are women than a pro choicer that agrees with Matt Walsh on trans issues) would not like TERFS (for the trans activists, it's because the TERFs are right wing on trans issues which they prioritize and for pro life activists, it's because TERFs are very pro choice) and right wing Matt Walsh fanboys and left wing pro choice activists (who both would rather vote for a pro choicer that thinks transwomen are men than a pro lifer that thinks transwomen are women) would like TERFS (for the Matt Walsh fanboys, it's because the TERFs are right wing on trans issues which they prioritize and for pro choice activists, it's because TERFs are very pro choice).

But that doesn't happen because our society thinks more left vs right instead of actually supporting groups that agree with their main issue.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
TERFs are nearly exclusively left wing. Thanks for speaking for the left wing telling us we hate them though. We appreciate you telling us what we believe.

JK Rowling is a diehard left-wing feminist.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
TERFS are AWESOME!!! We need MORE of them!!!!!!!
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@TWS1405_2
Are you one?

I don't know.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@TheUnderdog
Party traitors are often seen as a bigger threat than the other party itself. It's why a lot of Republicans support Piers Morgan and Bill Maher for agreeing with them on a few issues. It's also why a lot of Democrats support Mitt Romney. If JK Rowling called herself a Republican, conservatives would despise her, while Democrats would respect her as "one of the good ones."
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Intelligence_06
I support women’s rights, but I’m not [a] “feminist” by any means, as I don’t belief win equality of the sexes as they do. I don’t believe wormed should be in combat roles in the military. I don’t believe they should be police officers either. But they should have full autonomy over their own bodies equally as men do, regardless of their ability to bear children as they are no one’s personal incubator. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
@TheUnderdog
@Intelligence_06
@TWS1405_2
@Savant
TERFS are probably a handful of people with nothing better to do.

I'm too busy to think about them.

But for fun.

Let's all think up a radical group and create an acronym.

Cake Lovers Ostracising Takeaway Sandwiches.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Nope. It is women such as JK Rowling that care about women's rights and preserving women's sports and bathrooms, let alone keeping affirmative action quotas and awards for women, for females only.

Some are just angry and toxic women though, of course. There are toxic underachievers in any belief group.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You can technically be a male TERF but the RF instead of F part tends to be women and simps only.

Not sure they all chose to be labelled radical.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
I was being semi-serious.

Most reasonable people recognise injustice, but very few have the time or resources to do  much about it.  

So I suppose we should be grateful for those that do.

Though TERFS  is a tad extreme acronym, and such causes should perhaps be filed under social injustice, women's section.

I would suggest that the general public and moderate politicians don't really appreciate over-radical.

And I think that J.K. is quite inclusive in her common-sense ideology.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

I support CLOTS rights.

11 days later

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Savant
Party traitors are often seen as a bigger threat than the other party itself.
That's true, but it wouldn't make any sense as to why that is the case.