The Great Mental Divide Is

Author: ebuc

Total: 30
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
.The Great Mental Divide clearly explained.  the relation between schizoid and autism.

This is great vid on mental illness that is done simply, not lots of technical jargon.  Done by person who has read lots of articles on the subject. I think alludes to being austic himself. I dunno. Hope you have a chance to watch beginnings if not the whole.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

OMG, the video is saying Christians are Schizotypal people?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

Oh, and Trump voters?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
OMG its Jack Ryan on our forum! We are saved we are saved at last! Yippie Yay!

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

Well, people do say I look like Jack Ryan.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
All FBI look like Jack Ryan.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Tru dat.

35 days later

ebuc
ebuc
A common divide for humans with a fridge, is putting stuff on top of the fridge, then forgetting for  6 months or more, that stuff you may need,   is on top of fridge.

There may be 1 billion of these common mental divides with human{s} brain. Or, they where put there because, there not needed much.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Have stuff,

Have flat surface,

Will clutter,

With stiff.

Unless,

OCD.

Which also goes to prove,

That most stuff

Is unnecessary.

Like,

Fridge magnets.

OCD good then?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
OCD good then?
Yeah to some degree. My wife OCD about clean house and always moving my stuff, then I have to ask her where she moved my stuff too.

With pandemic I moved out of house and into RV, so as she did not get COVID should I contract it at work. So 2 years later I'm ready to move back in and she says no, cause she is getting to old to be cleaning after me.

So I'm in old house/shack and true, I'm bit of a slob. Just found bunch of stuff on top fridge. Missing sun glasses.

My OCD austistc friend at work, made a joke.  What do you call a dinosaur with hemorrhoids?

A mega-saur-ass 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Hey.

As long as it works for you in the shack.

Though, I'm just interested to know how old you and Mrs Ebuc are.

Mrs Zed and myself are both 63, and get along just fine in our untidy way.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Though, I'm just interested to know how old you and Mrs Ebuc are

Ive given many clues over the years here and former DART.  I am child of 60's. First favorite band was the Ventures, then Moody Blues.

After that, never really had a favorite band. The Clash, The Police and The Talking Heads were certainly contender, tho I never bought any of their music.

Bob Marley, Pearl Harbor and the Explosions, Jimmy Cliff etc were so  many good bands and music, and I loved them all. Also the The Specials, and UB-40.

British Ska was a big favorite genre for me. however, world beat music is great to dance too.  Wow! Been I while since I danced a good long grove with any music.

The great mental divide is those who like music and those who dont. :--))
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Ok.

So a similar age to me then.

I always assumed you were younger.

I like listening to music, but I don't bother about it as much as I used to.

Prog rock and classical, but specific stuff.

But any tune that catches my ear.

Though, these days I prefer to relax on a comfy sofa with headphones, YouTube and a cup of tea.

I dance like a Dad at a wedding..........Absolutely no movement to rhythm coordination.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
I dance like a Dad at a wedding..........Absolutely no movement to rhythm coordination.

2} the other great mental divide, those who dance and those who dont, is more common than those who dont like music.

I was inhibited  ---maybe normal-- as child, and slowly came to blossom over time, with dance.  I loved to sing, and would bring home singing book from school sister and I could sing while doing washing the dinner disses together, yet there is place I never could get beyond inhibition to pursue it publically.

Parents were moderate - low functioning --tho working and holding a job--- alchoholics.  They certainly  enjoyed music and loved to dance.{ the jjitterbug }. As children, there was a place dowtown the called Silver Leaf club on 2nd floor and required an insertable card ---probably kept 3 slot machines in locked backroom---   to get in through door. 

That was a time my parents looked happy to be together with each other. 

Bands would come to play sometimes and there was always the jute-box record 45's to select.  The big dance craze that brought teens and some of us children onto the dance floor, was the twist and do the twist, ...." c'mon baby and do the twist "...Chubby Checkers....

3} the other great mental divide is between man X y { *Y* }...open angles triangle ergo externalised male symbolism,  and woman X x.....{ /**\  closed angles triangle internalised female symbolism}

So that four mental divides ive listed.

ebuc
ebuc
5} relative truth, >|< absolute truth and <<<|>>>> false narrative.

3} the other great mental divide is between,

man X y { * Y * }...open angles triangular set ergo externalised male symbolism,  and,

woman X x.....{ /**\ }  closed angles of triangle ergo internalised female symbolism.

2} those who dance and those who dont,

1} those who like music and those who dont,

0} austistic and schizoid.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4
@ebuc

Wow, you young kids are something.  I'm as old as Trump and my wife is 2 years older than me.
However, we both feel like we are in our 20's. I attribute it to exercise, vitamins, eating small amounts of food and glucosamine-chondroitin gummies.
FLRW
FLRW

Oh, and we are both big fans of Ernest Borgnine.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
Oh, and we are both big fans of Ernest Borgnine.

Thats were you and wife differ from  my wife, ---not me---  and yes, I know the comments he semi-whispered out loud to the host commentator. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
I'm a fan of no one.

But Earnest was a good actor.

And, are you really 77?

Your avatars are clearly designed to deceive.

Do you dance like me or Ebuc?

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Do you dance like me or Ebuc?
Trance dancing......boogey woogey....

twist and shout...shake it up baby.....

jitter-bug.....the hop......the mashed potatoe...,,

the monkey....the charleston......the waltz.....

Each and all share a commonalityof the individual finding itself  ---ergo, not a division of biologic/soul consciousness and/or Meta-space mind from the others---   in, or approaching,  cosmic-like bliss, that is tuned-into, and part of the  musical rhythm, as body-in-motion.  Free and beyond anxiety of the day's compounded tension, in need of release.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Ok. 

So maybe that includes Dad dancing.

But I regularly release all my tensions with a 50 mile hilly Welsh cycle ride.

Dancing on a bike.

Not sure that I get overly anxious these days though.

I think I'm in that interim life phase, in between internal paternal aspirancy and rapid physical decline. 

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
I think I'm in that interim life phase, in between internal paternal aspirancy and rapid physical decline.

1} those who take anxiety medicines and those who dont.  I take the minimal Lorazepam for maybe a year 5 years now, tho only at night and not a regular basis,

2} I bought a bike maybe 20 years ago. Then not long after, I road from my home to local store, however, since had been making this walk to that store for years, I came and walked home. Day later I remmbered the bike, went back and it was of course long gone.

3} never been a biologic father, only step-dad. My wifes son was a 12 when we got married. He now lives next door and is financial secure and on occasion helps me out with a a purchase of this or that. He bought an inversion table table in hopes of fixing my sciatic issues.  He went halves with me for $300. gas powered Westinghouse electric power generator, when I was living in the RV during pandemic.

And last year my truck needed $300. repair he paid half, cause he sometimes needs me to haul stuff away for him.  A friend when first meeting my step-son a few years back, later said to me, he loves you.  That was nice to hear.

4} those of us who are not in denial of sick-n-head indivdiuals like Trumpet, those who are in denial of obvious truths Trmupet and his cronies are crimminals.

5} those of who would like to live in Wale and those of us who would not. ;--)

..." Pros
  1. It’s cheaper to live and work in Wales, with a much lower average cost of living compared to England.
  2. 26% of Wales is classed as a National Park or Area of Outstanding Beauty so you will have plenty to see and do right on your doorstep!
  3. There are over 150 beaches in Wales and miles of stunning coastline which is home to some extraordinary wildlife.
Cons
  1. Less ‘conveniences’ of city life means that you may have to walk a little further to your local shop - but more exercise is not exactly a disadvantage!
  2. You may have a hard time pronouncing some of their incredibly long town names which could be cause for some embarrassment!
  3. Sheep outnumber people 3:1, which is good if you love sheep, but bad if you like to enjoy a socially active life more common in big cities. "....

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Big cities not for me.

My local town is just 2 miles away the other side of the Hafren River and has all the necessary amenities....It's also where I work part time.

I have 2 daughters, both doing well, who live about 90 miles away in England and I often cycle over to see them.

I also walk regularly with my little dog and my wife joins us occasionally, though her passion is gardening.

I cycled across the USA a few years back, from Oceanside California to Jekyll Island  Georgia. Did the traditional thing and took a bottle of water from the Pacific and emptied it into the Atlantic.....Incredibly hot everyday day and the only rain we had was the day we cycled into Phoenix....Was an exhausting trip and left me a bit run down, so much so that I didn't get on a bike for about a month afterwards.....I loved the U.S.A. though, people were charming and the only place we ever felt nervous was in a town  called Crockett, in Texas if I remember correctly.....Gun shots in the night and knocks on the motel door in the middle of the night....A few of the slightly less charming locals I suppose, but you get those everywhere, even here in Wales....Unarmed though.

Yep, the Trump thing seems a bit bizarre to say the least. It's just amazing that the guy is still allowed to run  for President after the last debacle and all the ongoing scandal, and even more incredulous that so many people still hero worship him....Such are U.S. extremes I suppose and such is the circus that is  the Presidential election process and it's inherent corruptibility.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
I cycled across the USA a few years back, from Oceanside California to Jekyll Island  Georgia. Did the traditional thing and took a bottle of water from the Pacific and emptied it into the Atlantic.....
Wow! Avid cyclist for sure.  I see people around my area who ride bikes on these local narrower side road with 12 inches of shoulder area, and cars whipping by, and I'm like, their taking their lives in their hands. Not for me. At least on interstates you have plenty of shoulder on side of road.

Incredibly hot everyday day and the only rain we had was the day we cycled into Phoenix....Was an exhausting trip and left me a bit run down, so much so that I didn't get on a bike for about a month afterwards.....I loved the U.S.A. though, people were charming and the only place we ever felt nervous was in a town  called Crockett, in Texas if I remember correctly.....
When we went out west on on interstate for  about 12 years, the is section that crosses through Texas, ---for maybe 100 miles or so--- and that was the only place ---for most part--- we would see a state trooper police then another then another with car of people of color pulled over.

Gun shots in the night and knocks on the motel door in the middle of the night....A few of the slightly less charming locals I suppose, but you get those everywhere, even here in Wales....Unarmed though.
Similar thing with knock on motel door in evening and ruckus out in parking lot for us one time, tho I dont recall what state.

My wifes son-in-law had walked/hiked the whole applachian trail from NY down throught TN. I think it is like 1000{?} miles. I think he wore out two pair of boots. Over many years I had heard of some one or more murders and/or  people who went missing. There is is also comedy movie about waling that trail. .." A Walk in the Woods ".

.." After spending two decades in England, Bill Bryson (Robert Redford) returns to the U.S., where he decides the best way to connect with his homeland is to hike the Appalachian Trail with one of his oldest friends, Stephen Katz (Nick Nolte) "...

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Yep.

I've read most of Bill Bryson's books, including "A Walk in the Woods".

Haven't seen the film though....Must try and catch that.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

I am actually 76.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

FYI, Steve Martin is 78.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Steve Martin is 78.

Thanks for that.

John Candy didn't make it past 43.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

Yes, but he was fat. You have to watch your weight.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Undoubtedly.

Though John Candy's father died at 35.

Which suggests that despite everything, genetics already had John earmarked for an early demise.

76 and still going strong.

You inherited well.

My families genetics seem OK.

So I'm  reasonably confident that I'm good for a few more years.

Here's hoping that Mr Putin et al don't get too trigger happy.

And that I always pay attention when crossing the road.