RFK stunningly polls ahead of both Biden and Trump for general approval!

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 33
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot

Good times.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
please link to the poll, not Jimmy Dore. 

And this poll means basically nothing. Most people have no idea who he is. So when asking do you have a favorable impression of someone named Kennedy, lots of people will say yes. That doesn't mean they agree with anything he says. It doesn't mean they would vote for him for president. It just means he has a famous name and is so unknown that most people don't realize he is crazy.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I guess I can go look it up for you.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@HistoryBuff
Here's a few references I found. Of course, polls don't always agree with each other.

1 2 3 4
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Jimmy put it on screen so I was able to get the jist without having to listen to him. 

But my original point stands. most people have no idea who RFK is or what he believes. He has a famous name and his own views, though public, are not well known. So if you ask someone "do you like a politician with the last name Kennedy?" lots of people will say yes. If you ask someone "do you like a politician who says that corona virus was designed to kill everyone but chinese and jews?", then they would say no he is crazy. That actually is something he has said by the way. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
You could also make the point the average voter doesn't know anything about Biden or Trump as well.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@HistoryBuff
Some people have the opposite problem, lol

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
You could also make the point the average voter doesn't know anything about Biden or Trump as well.
you could certainly make the point that most people don't know enough about those two. But they certainly know who they are and have at least a rough idea what they are about. Almost no one who isn't interested in politics knows who RFK is or what he believes. And even lots of people who are interested in politics wouldn't know much, if anything, about him.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Savant
Some people have the opposite problem, lol

oof, that's a rough one. I could see why you wouldn't want to change your 1st name in that situation, but Hitler seems to be his middle name. Why wouldn't you change your middle name?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff

Heres another interesting result:

DEM2024A If the Democratic presidential primary for the 2024 election was held today, who would you vote for?

Joe Biden 31%

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.  26%

This should be hella worrying for Biden and the deep state. I expect to see some serious corporate media spin in the near future to reverse the damage.

But then again, too much attacking might have a "Trump effect" where negative press turns into greater exposure. It will be interesting to see how Biden handles it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
What do you think about RFK's comments in the video I linked?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
F1_72 Now we will show you some names and groups. Please indicate if you have a favorable or unfavorable view of that person or group - or if you've never heard of them.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr

Ever Heard Of (Net) 1486...  72%

Very favorable 292...  14%

Favorable 668...  33%

Unfavorable (Sub-Net) ...26%

Unfavorable 287...  14%

Very unfavorable 239...  12%

Never heard of them 90 4%
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Only geniuses watch Jimmy Dore and think they are being informed
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
What do you think about RFK's comments in the video I linked?
what comments specifically? That he gets bad press? he gets almost no press at all. Most people have never heard of him or heard the crazy bullshit he spews. 

DEM2024A If the Democratic presidential primary for the 2024 election was held today, who would you vote for?
only 1/3rd of the people in this poll were democrats. I don't see cross tabs to see who voted for who. If all RFK's votes came from republicans then it means nothing. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
The Harvard/Harris poll says 4% says never heard of him.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The Harvard/Harris poll says 4% says never heard of him.
ok. so they know who his father is and know his name. That doesn't mean they actually know who he is and what he believes. the Kennedy name is famous.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Only geniuses watch Jimmy Dore and think they are being informed
You don't need to be smart to know that RFK was being Hosted by Jimmy Dore. If you wanted to know what RFK is saying, that is where you would go. To a show where RFK is actually allowed to speak. If you didn't want to watch RFK speak, you don't have to watch the show. That's how free speech works.

Or you could go to a corporate comedian like Gutfeld or Stephen Colbert if you wanted to see one of the pre-selected corporate elite candidates talk. Again, you don't have to be smart to choose that.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
If you didn't want to watch RFK speak, you don't have to watch the show. That's how free speech works.
I'm willing to listen to RFK. I'm not willing to listen to Jimmy Dore. I can feel myself getting dumber every time he talks. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I don't care about the host, but if that's the only platform allowed to talk about things, I will turn the volume down and just read the subtitles.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I also think the Breakfast club is infested with racists and grifters, but I still watched it to hear what Vivek had to say.

It's kind of funny that the video got 50k dislikes due to the host's ridiculous behavior during the interview. But that's where you have to go since corporate media heavily censors challengers.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
You don't need to be smart to know that RFK was being Hosted by Jimmy Dore
The host matters. A could host spends hours preparing for an interview and has a working knowledge of the subjects he or she intends to discuss.

There’s a big difference between Jimmy Dore and say the late, great Tim Russert.

The host asks the questions and a good one doesn’t allow lies and nonsense to be part of the answers. They ask relevant, probing questions that enhance understanding so the viewer has a clear picture of what is being discussed and comes away better informed.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Here is a highly liked comment posted to that Breakfast club interview.

"Thank you Breakfast Club! Vivek Ramaswamy is now a candidate who interests me because of how well he conducted himself on this show. The blatant hostility and disrespect that was demonstrated by all of you would have been distracting to most people, and would have elicited an angry reaction. But Vivek Ramaswamy remained personable, focused, articulate, and factual in the face of your high-level unprofessionalism. I like the guy. Thanks so much for putting him on my radar!"

Some people really do want to see what a candidate says and they do not care about the propaganda of the host. What the host cares about doesn't matter to what the general public cares about, especially when they are learning about a new candidate. 

Others have no listening skills, and need to be spoonfed what to think, relying on the host to screen information for them since they are unable or unwilling to do it for themselves.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't care about the host, but if that's the only platform allowed to talk about things, I will turn the volume down and just read the subtitles.
if you want to watch sources that actively work to misinform people, that is your right. I'm not going to spend my time doing that, no matter who they are interviewing. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
If I don't like what RFK says, it really doesn't matter who the host is. It won't make a difference to me even if it makes a difference to you. The host isn't the source of info for me. RFK is.

Like I posted before, Breakfast club is pure trash, but it's worth ignoring the hosts if I can hear what Vivek says.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
RFK.

It's all in the name, and some will get excited.

In terms of ideology, perhaps to the right of moderate.

In terms of age, at not quite 70 a mere youngster.

Nothing new and exciting though.

In fact Kennedy, old and boring and conditioned back in the 60's and 70's.

So hardly progressive.

Yawn.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@zedvictor4
In fact Kennedy, old and boring and conditioned back in the 60's and 70's.

So hardly progressive.
Policy is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is transparency vs deep state.

RFK is potentially even better than Trump in that axis. It's possible JFK was as well, luckily they turned him into a martyr. If they tried again that would be pouring C4 onto the fire.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
RFK is a nut. I’m not at all surprised that you or other libertarians think he’s great.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You call it deep state.

I call it the establishment.

Kennedy is certainly that.
jamgiller
Debates: 10
jamgiller
-->
@Greyparrot
mmm, jimmy dore spam.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
[IwantRooseveltagain] RFK is a nut. I’m not at all surprised that you or other libertarians think he’s great.
To echo Churchill, if the the propaganda machine suggested satan was racist; I would consider it a point in his favor.

I have no certain allies, but I have a certain enemy.