Biden demands Ukraine pay the big guy before Maui sees one dollar.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 19
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Maui Residents TRASH Joe Biden As He Vacations & HOLDS UP Their Funding Unless Ukraine Gets Paid!

Savvy political move or ridiculous corruption?

What do you guys think?
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
umm, your video link is for a "dramatic cat"....

even if this story were true (which I have no idea if it is or isn't), this is exactly what republicans do all the time. They hold the government hostage until they get what the want. But what they want is almost always to help the rich and/or screw over the poor in some way. So do you actually care about when politicians do this, or just when democrats do it?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
even if this story were true (which I have no idea if it is or isn't),
Well, look up these 2 facts and check them:

1) Biden is vacationing at Lake Tahoe right now.

2) The bill to add funds to FEMA is tied into funding for Ukraine, meaning you have to approve both for it to pass.

If I am wrong, I am wrong.

this is exactly what republicans do all the time
Glad you recognize the Uniparty.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
umm, your video link is for a "dramatic cat"
Lol! yeah I messed up hahaahaha
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Greyparrot
Biden is vacationing at Lake Tahoe right now.
Hope he is gone by next weekend. My wife and I will be there. Don’t want to deal with the idiot and all the traffic issues that clown will cause. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
lol
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
What would Libertarians do? Would they simply go home and home school their socially awkward children?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
this is exactly what republicans do all the time
what? Because 2 different parties use the same tactic it makes them the same party? One uses it to help the rich and destroy the poor, the other uses it to save lives. But sure, it's the same....

2) The bill to add funds to FEMA is tied into funding for Ukraine, meaning you have to approve both for it to pass.
It does appear that the 2 are tied together. But could you explain how this is holding anything up? Both measures have bipartisan support and will pass. So I don't see how anything is being held up.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Both measures have bipartisan support and will pass.

The Uniparty in action.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The Uniparty in action.
lol, so if both parties agree on good policy, it must mean they are the same party.... What if they both like puppies? does that make them to same party too?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Most people would rather have Maui have at least as much money as the Ukraine. not 100 times less.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Most people would rather have Maui have at least as much money as the Ukraine. not 100 times less.
why are you pretending the two things are mutually exclusive? If you want maui to get more money, say that. Don't pretend you need to screw over Ukraine to get money for maui.

And again, you haven't shown why your title isn't a lie. You haven't provided any evidence that attaching the two things has caused any slowdowns at all. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I get that there are people that want to support both Maui and Ukraine, but shouldn't the public have a say on whether or not the vast majority goes to Ukraine over domestic issues? Why does it have to be a package deal? and not separate bills? I think you know why.

Don't pretend you need to screw over Ukraine to get money for maui.
No, I am saying we are in fact screwing over America and Maui to get money for Ukraine.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
No, I am saying we are in fact screwing over America and Maui to get money for Ukraine.
More bullshit from the Libertarian 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
I get that there are people that want to support both Maui and Ukraine, but shouldn't the public have a say on whether or not the vast majority goes to Ukraine over domestic issues?
why are you still pretending the 2 things are mutually exclusive. The US government has vast amounts of money, the amount they give to Ukraine has no impact on the amount given to help maui. If you want more money for maui, say that. Phrasing it this way it a shitty right wing tactic of trying to create a false connection. Like when they point to veterans getting screwed over and so they say give less money to X and give it to veterans. They don't actually care about veterans, they just want to cut funding to something else, but are too cowardly to just say so. 

Why does it have to be a package deal? and not separate bills? I think you know why.
both things are popular. I don't see why it is at all controversial to tie them together. Both will pass. 
how so? The US government can spend whatever it wants on maui and on Ukraine. Giving money to one does not remove money from the other. This argument is a tired right wing tactic, and it's bullshit.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
why are you still pretending the 2 things are mutually exclusive.
If they were not, then the Congress would just give 100 billion to Ukraine and 100 billion to Maui. But they can't. There's no infinite money supply, and choices have to be made to decide who gets the money. In this case, Ukraine gets far more than Maui.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
If they were not, then the Congress would just give 100 billion to Ukraine and 100 billion to Maui. But they can't.
they literally can do this. 

There's no infinite money supply, and choices have to be made to decide who gets the money.
it is true that money is not infinite, but they can easily raise the money by issuing bonds and either cut it from the budget somewhere else, raise additional revenue or any number of other things.

In this case, Ukraine gets far more than Maui.
this is a bullshit argument. the government could give any amount of money they want to maui. pretending like giving to Ukraine somehow limits the amount that goes to maui is a bullshit argument that is intended to try to justify cutting spending in one area without the person having the balls to just come out and say it. You don't have to make it about maui. You can just say you want Ukraine to be conquered and ethnically cleansed. You don't have to play these silly games by bringing maui into it. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
You can just say you want Ukraine to be conquered and ethnically cleansed.
Why would anyone sane say that? If either Ukraine gets conquered by Russia and ethnically cleanses Ukraine or if the Donbas gets conquered by Ukraine and ethnically cleanses the Russians, it means nuclear annihilation. You shouldn't want either of those things to happen. Sending hundreds of billions of dollars isn't bringing the war to an end sooner. It's also money that clearly could have been spent on the working poor in America instead of delaying peace talks. As if delaying peace talks ensures the security of America when we all know a peace deal really threatens the bank accounts of corrupt politicians in both the USA and Ukraine.