Potential Vote Bombing Fix

Author: Savant

Total: 8
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
Until the site owner creates an official fix, I propose that people creating rated debates (from now on) add the following rule:

"Legitimate votes must be cast at least two days before the official voting deadline. After this 'true' deadline, new voters should simply award all seven points to whomever the winner is as insurance against vote bombing. Votes that do not follow this rule should be removed."
Savant
Savant
-->
@RationalMadman
@whiteflame
@Sir.Lancelot
Thought this might serve as a temporary solution, though it won't work for tied debates.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Savant
Temporary fix is to permaban Lancelot and tell him good riddance.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
Nothing here fixes the rating loss or the fact I feared engaging in further wins.

I would be where Barney is  I murked Lancelot 4 times and there is a fifth win robbed.
Savant
Savant
-->
@RationalMadman
Nothing here fixes the rating loss
I recognize that, but it should at least insure against further vote bombs. Lancelot might let you beat him in 4 troll debates to win back rating as a gesture of goodwill, which I think would probably be the simplest solution, though I can't speak authoritatively for either of you.
Savant
Savant
-->
@RationalMadman
Another possible solution: I created an alt account to use as insurance against vote bombing. If you want, I would let you win ten times against that one so you can gain back rating.

Update: I have challenged you to said debate.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Savant
Rational conceded two debates to me already.

• Net Neutrality.
  • Squid Game
But because of the error in the coding, I didn't get points for either of these victories. This post is a good idea to fight back against vote-bombing, but it assumes Rational is entitled to a free win when he himself has engaged in grudge-voting and vote-bombing.

Neither of us owe him shit.

If anything, the site owner Mike should be manually restoring his Elo Rating. Mike refusing is honestly beyond me and doesn't strike me as fair because Mike manually increased mine and Novice's rating when similar instances happened in the past. Why he can't do the same for RM is confusing.
The mods can't be held responsible because they can't do anything, but they at least have the moral obligation to speak up on RM's behalf and convince Mike to give him his rating back.

If RM is serious about getting his rating back, we should be rallying together with the mods to protest this to the site owner because he isn't being consistent.

Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
Nothing here fixes the rating loss or the fact I feared engaging in further wins.

I would be where Barney is  I murked Lancelot 4 times and there is a fifth win robbed.
Nooo. You pretty much conceded most of your debates against me.

All those other times you lost to me is because you're quite literally that bad.

Every-time we've debated fairly, you lost.
So minus the vote-bombs, you're quite literally incapable of winning against me on your own.

Let's count the two debates that you conceded and kept your Elo rating because of the error in the coding. And then those other two times where you conceded, and Mike manually raised my rating for one of them. Those 3 other wins are mine, not yours. I received no Elo for them and I'm not bitching like you are now.