Degrees of Consciousness 1 - 360

Author: ebuc

Total: 13
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
There exist degrees of consciousness. Ex pain scale from 1 - 10.I  used degrees of Consciousness scale of 1 - 360 degrees aka unitary.

Most logicalcommon sense critical thinking people will argue that, a nervoussystem --ergo animal kingdom--- is require for consciousness. Idisagree. It is about how we define consciousness and morespecifically in its complexity aspects. However, the ability toaccess Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i appears to besynergetically, the most complex.

Consciousness requires at minimum a two-ness/otherness. Observer o and o  the observed. This two-ness inherently requires a 3rd aspect and that is a
line-of-relationship of observation Ex o------o and that can be any of the following below.

8 } +360+ {  most complex  is woman { X x } with man { X y } close 2nd.
....8a} a line-of-relationship assight { narrow band of visual frequency EMRadiation  },
.....8b} smell Olfactory...7 primary smells...},
......8c}  touch { tactile },
.......8d} hearing {auditory ...vibrating air molecules },
........8e} taste { gustration...5 primary tastes.. }.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 }{ Infrared {far-mid-short/near }  ---vipers sense frequency of infra-red {far-mid-short } long low energy ..." Infrared signals are initially received by the pit organ, a highly specialized facial structure that is innervated by nerve fibers of the somatosensorysystem..... How this organ detects and transduces infrared signalsinto nerve impulses is not known."...

------------.."The atoms in a CH2 group, commonly found in organic compounds, can vibrate in six different ways: symmetric and antisymmetric stretching, scissoring, rocking, wagging and twisting: "....

------ magnetic..."birds, frogs, sea turtles, honey bees, salamanders, lobsters, dolphins, rodents"

----- ex "Scientists believe that salmon navigate by using the earth’ smagnetic field like a compass."-----
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

} +260 - ( fair or not.= I give some cetaceans this extra + in their degree of abstract complexity

} -260- { Here list of ten smartest animals according to "AZ Animals web siteand we unfairly or not we will give all of these bilateral animals a scale in degrees of consciousness complexity a}-200-{
...." Orangutansand chimps are some of the smartest animals. Orangutans share 97%of their DNA with humans, and both primates use tools and shelter,with complex ritualistic social structures and some rudimentary language skills.

• Scary smart bottle nose dolphins can switch back and forth between specialized and generalized languages. They’ve also been observed communicating and cooperating with other species.
  • African Grey Parrots learn huge vocabularies and understand shapes, colors, spatial reasoning, and relational concepts.
  • '...https://a-z-animals.com/blog/the-10-smartest-animals-in-the-world/
ebuc
ebuc
5 } -55- {  .."Are jellyfish conscious? Jellyfish have no brains and therefore are not aware of their own existence. So no,while alive they are not “conscious”....0

Jellyfishes are more complex than a sponge because:

1. Because jellyfish have complex tissue, a gut, and a nervous system, they are more complex than sponges.
  2. It splits apart and then reunites to form a young.
  3. The medusa and the polyp are the two forms they can take.
  4. Jellyfishes have a highly complicated life cycle.
  5. Most of a jellyfish's existence is spent as a medusa.
} -20- { Sponges...." Yes, sea sponges are considered animals not plants. But they grow, reproduceand survive much as plants do. They have no central nervous system, digestive system or circulatory system – and no organs!"...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 } -5- {The other kingdoms have RNA-DNA cells. Fungi { closet genetic relation to animals } then we have  protist { algea protozoa } and monera { bacteria }.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

• African Grey Parrots learn huge vocabularies and understand shapes, colors, spatial reasoning, and relational concepts.
OMG, no wonder one is on DA!  I hope he sees this.
Critical-Tim
Debates: 3
Critical-Tim
-->
@ebuc
I'm trying to understand, so please correct me if I interpret your notations incorrectly.

Literary explanation:
Consciousness is the ability to observe and relate to others. A scale of 1-360 degrees is used to measure the complexity of consciousness in different entities, based on the type and number of relationships they can form. For example, a sponge has a very low degree of consciousness (5 degrees) because it has no nervous system and no relationships with other entities. A jellyfish has a slightly higher degree of consciousness (20 degrees) because it has a simple nervous system and a relationship with its environment. A bird has a higher degree of consciousness (55 degrees) because it can sense magnetic fields and navigate long distances. A dolphin has a very high degree of consciousness (260 degrees) because it can communicate and cooperate with other species. A human has the highest degree of consciousness (360 degrees) because it can access meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i.

Symbol notation explanation:
Consciousness = o------o { observer o and observed o }1. I use 1-360 scale for complexity of o------o. Ex sponge = -5- { no o------o }. Jellyfish = -20- { simple o------o }. Bird = -55- { magnetic o------o }. Dolphin = } +260- { language o------o }. Human = 8 } +360+ { meta-space o------o }.

This notation means that:
  • Consciousness is defined as the ability to observe and relate to others (o------o).
  • A scale of 1-360 degrees is used to measure the complexity of the relationship between the observer and the observed (o------o).
  • The author gives some examples of different degrees of consciousness in different entities, such as:
    • A sponge has zero degree of consciousness (0 degrees) because it has no relationship with other entities (no o------o).
    • A jellyfish has a low degree of consciousness (20 degrees) because it has a simple relationship with its environment (simple o------o).
    • A bird has a moderate degree of consciousness (55 degrees) because it can sense magnetic fields and navigate long distances (magnetic o------o).
    • A dolphin has a high degree of consciousness (260 degrees) because it can communicate and cooperate with other species (language o------o).
    • A human has the highest degree of consciousness (360 degrees) because it can access meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i (meta-space o------o).
Here is what I think they mean:
  • The symbol o represents an entity that can observe or be observed, such as an animal, a plant, or a physical object.
  • The symbol ------ represents a line-of-relationship between two entities, such as sight, smell, touch, hearing, taste, infrared sensing, magnetic sensing, or abstract reasoning.
  • The symbol 8 represents a circle or a loop, which implies a self-referential or self-aware relationship, such as meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i.
  • The symbol } represents a bracket or a boundary, which implies a distinction or a separation between different types of relationships.
  • The symbol + represents a positive sign or an increase, which implies a higher degree of complexity or consciousness.
  • The symbol - represents a negative sign or a decrease, which implies a lower degree of complexity or consciousness.
So, for example, the notation 8 } +360+ { means that the entity has a self-referential relationship (8) that is the highest degree of complexity or consciousness (+360+) among all possible types of relationships ({}).

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@ebuc
How did you choose the specific values of degrees for each entity’s ability of consciousness, and why are the degrees assigned not one more or less? I can see that more consciousness means more observation and more relation, but what is the logic behind assigning 20 degrees to a jellyfish for its simple nervous system and environment relation, 55 degrees to a bird for its magnetic field sense, 260 degrees to a dolphin for its language and cooperation with other species, and 360 degrees to a human for its meta-space access with the mind? Please explain your rationale and method for your scale.

You assigned humanity with 360 degrees of consciousness; would that imply that all humans have the same level of consciousness?
I believe there are various levels of consciousness for different individuals.

Additionally, do people with autism get placed at 360?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Critical-Tim
There exist degrees of consciousness.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@ebuc
Do you believe all consciousness exists in integral increments between 0 and 360?
How many people truly have 360, and what does the average person have?
How many degrees is super consciousness, and is there such a thing?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
@Critical-Tim
I would regard consciousness as switched on and cognitive systems functioning appropriately.

Once switched on, organisms acquired varying levels of awareness.

1 to 10

1 to 360

1 to 360 000 000

Depends upon the size of the increment.

Though I do understand the analogy.

I would further suggest that in terms of awareness, certain other animals possess higher levels of sensory ability.

Isn't knowing stuff and remembering it, just a consequence of consciousness and awareness?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Isn't knowing stuff and remembering it, just a consequence of consciousness and awareness?

Yes, however access great access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego/i is beyond what most animals do.  So I give humans two plus signs outside of the unitary + 360 +.

Later on you can see that I gave some cetaceans one plus sign outside of  }* 260 -{

Access to Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts is ability to generalize our discoveries to many fields of science, and that is what humans do.

All other animals are more specialized to varying degrees.

} + 360 + { >>>

> } + 260 - { some cetaceans  >>>>

>> } - 260 - { ....for next in less complexity " top ten '... then  >>>> } - 200 - { rrodents etc

....} did not list any } - 100 - { range but of curse they exist also. I thought I had various worms in the catagory but misplace that info

>>>>} - 55 - { jellyfish >>>>

>>>>>>} -20 - { sponges >>>

>>>>>>>>} - 5 - { other biologic kingdoms

>>>>>>>>.=}  1- { viruses have not lipid membrane, rather, they aprotein shell and they only have RNA or DNA, never both.
..." Virus capsids predominantlycome in two shapes: helical and icosahedral. '....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2}   } 0.5 {..." Variousorganic molecules have previously been discovered in interstellarspace, but i-propyl cyanide is the first with a branched carbonbackbone.
The branched structure is important asit shows that interstellar space could be the origin of more complexbranched molecules, such as amino acids, that are necessary for lifeon Earth."....

.......2a } 0 . 001 { atomic elements } ex the simplest ishydrogen atom { 0.000, 01 meters approx } i.e. one proton, oneelectron and the EMField exchange between those two

1 } 0 .000 000 000 000 001 { andin spatial size of proton in negative meters. proton { 3 quarks },mesons are 2 quarks, electrons, neutrinos  ergo  fermionicmatter,  and  we also
photon { bosonic force },  strongsub-nuclear force of gluons binds two or three quarks together and these gluonic bosons are inferred indirectly to exist.

....1a} non-quantised and an question-able that  they have anassociated quanta
...ex graviton at 10^ -36 0 . 000, 000, 000,000, 000, { proton } 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 001 {graviton-darkEon }

So now were at bottom of occupied spacebarrel of two graviton-darkEons { two sides of the same minimal spacecoin { proverbial }.

Then we have to ask ourselves if theyare composed of an occupied space something. My answer is aspeculative yes. However, the answer is more complicated than othersmay want to read about. So for simplicity sake I will just say this.We have reached the minimal  3D two-ness.  O----O that hassome kind of a line of relationship that connects them. that is whyit is called a relationship.

In past Ive shown theserelationship to be geodesic and not linear as (O)( )( )(O).

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@ebuc
I think it is obvious that there are disparities of conscious levels among members of a species.

If this is true, this would imply that jellyfish generally have 20 degrees, but may have 19 or 21.

However, assuming we are using the geometric values ranging from 1 to 360, and then placing humans at 360, this would imply that humans, having a disparity in consciousness, could be 359 or 361. Acknowledging that there cannot be 361, as it goes beyond the geometric scale, and limit to the framework of this theory, it would imply that humans cannot have 361 degrees.

Being that the human species averages at 360, and cannot be 361, it means that every human is exactly 360 degrees, which implies humans don't have a disparity, even with the apparent disparity, and I don't see how this theory can reconcile this.

Moreover, we cannot know if there is a maximum consciousness because it would lay beyond what we are conscious of, so any conscious framework that places a limit or maximum, is only done by choice and not by observation or verifiable there; it is as speculative as the existence of a supernatural deity. Therefore, consciousness cannot be logically given a maximum value, such as 360.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
@Critical-Tim
Dogs for example, may not be factually knowledgeable.

But their sensory awareness far exceeds that of humans.

They know stuff that we can never know, as it were.

So in terms of degrees of sensory awareness/consciousness, I would say that we are relatively lacking.

Whereas in terms of manipulating acquired data and developing matter, our capabilities far exceed that of any other living organism.

So similarly, we know stuff that they can never know.

Though in both cases, consciousness  as in switched on and functioning, is of equal necessity.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
But their sensory awareness far exceeds that of humans.

Thats called specialization.  Each species have their unique specialization abilities, be one, two or three of them. 

I addressed that early on. Humans  are generalist and that is their specialization via their synergetically acquired, greater access to Meta-space min/intellect/concepts and ego/i. Ergo, humans,  via their inventions can fly high and fast, enter deep oceans and survive at any depth for long periods of time,  travel on land at high speeds, and increase their other senses also.

Though in both cases, consciousness  as in switched on and functioning, is of equal necessity.
Yes and my list covers all the varying degrees of most simple { graviton-darkEon  10^ -36 meters in post #9 )  concepts of consciousness to most complex { woman X x  > man X y } consciousness.

I left few, to no stones uncovered --so to speak--- regarding degrees of consciousness and how it is defined specifically { two-ness } in those regards from most simple set of line-of-relationship - to the most complex, woman. Barring of course ideas of two or more woman or man and woman etc.

Obviously finite Universe is most complex set of lines-of-relationship numerically, tho there is no evidence that Universe has an overall consciousness integrity.

O-----O = most simple consciousness { linear line-of-relationship }.

Or as (O)(  )(O) wherein the line-of-relationship between twoness, is geodesic (  ) and not linear ---------.

Woman ( * i * ) most complex consciousness.  Man ( * i * ) 2nd in complexity

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@ebuc
How can we be certain that humans have full (360 degree) consciousness if super-consciousness lays beyond what we are conscious of?