Empathy vs Barbarism

Author: ebuc

Total: 19
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Empathy ...in >(<-->*(5)*<-->)< in

Barbarism ...out < )<-- * (5) *--->> out

Barbarism......" Two major types of aggression, proactive and reactive, are associated with contrasting expression, eliciting factors, neural pathways, development, and function. The distinction is useful for understanding the nature and evolution of human aggression. Compared with many primates, humans have a high propensity for proactive aggression, a trait shared with chimpanzees but not bonobos. "...
https://www.google.com/search?channel=fen&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=barbarianism

Empathy..... " An international team led by researchers at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York has for the first time shown that one area of the brain, called the anterior insular cortex, is the activity center of human empathy, whereas other areas of the brain are not."...LINK
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..."What does the anterior insular cortex control?
The anterior insula has a core role in supporting subjective feeling states. It can also regulate the introduction of feelings into cognitive and motivational processes. Understanding of mental conditions through multiple distinct dimensions of function associated with the insula may be important."..

sadolite
sadolite
Feelings > irrational decisions > untold human suffering and genocide.
ebuc
ebuc
Feelings > thoughts > rational consideration of relevant info

Feelings > reactions > pause > thoughtful consideration

Feelings > 5 senses >(5) aspects of the anterior insula cortex 

87 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Feelings > irrational decisions > untold human suffering and genocide.

Green has always been my favorite color from childhood for one reason, mystical asian jungles where green emeralds were perhaps located and 2nd reason later in life, is because I always thought I was average human and green is in the middle of visible light spectrum.

In this utube vid, I mostly identify with the green, yet I can empathize to whatever degree, all 12.  I think the 12 stages of consciousness fall short, starting with animal consciousness being least complex i.e. consciousness at minimum is two integrities with a line-of-relationship { relativity } between them.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Babbling nonsense.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Babbling nonsense.
Happens every time I dont shower for week, this link explains clearly what happens. The emapthy and barbarians appear to merge as into a phonographic vision of the lost world

sadolite
sadolite
more babbling nonsense
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
@ebuc
Is it non-sense to not shower for a week, but to change ones underwear daily?

Two pairs of underpants or seven will depend upon whether laundry frequency equals shower frequency, or is greater than shower frequency.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Is it non-sense to not shower for a week, but to change ones underwear daily?

Perhaps, yet in my life time, it wouldnt surprise me how many times operated that way.  Even after married, life, due to circumstances, wife who ultra-clean-type person, she had to adjust. And at some point her children probally did also.

Two pairs of underpants or seven will depend upon whether laundry frequency equals shower frequency, or is greater than shower frequency.

Yeah, at  this age, ive aquired wealth of under wear, socks clothing in general, so good there.  Two years in the that used 2008 RV, after COVID  hit, and to protect my wife. Tho RV two years  maybe once a week a few times.

Now I'm in wife and my older shack, behind her house, and it is better insulated, much more room, and maybe been doing twice a week much more in last year and half here.  Life is good, and except when it aint, and I know there are many people in world much worse off than me. I start back work next Sat, and new metal ball and joint, and left should has little or no cartilage, and did something to my neck a week ago that inflamed old spinal area injury, so 20 hrs week, cause any all tell telling to take it easy, especially early on. 

God I hope I can do the job.  I wont get maxium security money if I dont make to July before collecting, Best Zed of Wales

sadolite
sadolite
more babbling nonsense.
sadolite
sadolite
Misplaced empathy is far worse than Barbarism
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
All the best, ebuccube of America.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Babbling's OK.

It's when they start to dribble from multiple orifices.

Is an overdose of anaesthetic, barbaric or empathetic in such circumstances?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
SADolite...Misplaced empathy is far worse than Barbarism

Zed, do you know what he is going on about? People yawn, we see them yawn and we feel like yawing also. Simple empathy.

So, maybe when we some one yawn, were not supposed to feel like yawing, according to Sads philosophy?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
I like Sad.

I enjoy his perpetual angst.

What we refer to over here, as a grumpy old man.

I empathise with him.

(All in all, there's a good group of folk on Dart at the mo.)
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
I empathise with him.

Is that misplaced empathy?

I suppose misplaced Barberism makes sense also in some circumstances

Cant have one without the other
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Misplaced Barberism.

Sort of a dodgy haircut.
sadolite
sadolite
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
ebuc almost exclusively babbles nonsense and any user who engages with the nonsense (other than to mock it) is probably a sock puppet account.