For Physics Majors, is going to work after graduation better than going to grad school for research?

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 10
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Title explains it. IDK what viewpoints will be on here but if you have a voice, shout thy lungs out so I could hear you.

Don't say stuff like "Ohh you shouldn't even go to colleges at all". If so, shut up. I am like top 1~3 in terms of GPA at my school, there is no reason for me to not go.

Also I am still just a HS senior. My major in the applications say it's Physics but obviously I am not yet a physicist. If you can somehow convince me to switch to engineering or something(despite in many schools the college of engineering is actually harder to get in), sure I guess, another essay topic.
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
engineering is more practical, so i would guess it would pay better. i think physics majors are smarter, but that doesn't pay the bills. at least, that's my impression. i majored in electrical engineering and environmental science, and it's nice to know there's lots of good paying jobs out there especially with my engineering degree. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Intelligence_06

23 days later

sadolite
sadolite
All I can say about higher education is that it is no guarantee of a high paying job or financial success. Knowledge does not equal intelligence, experience, competence, motivation or work ethic. Lacking in any of these areas dictates your success more than all of your knowledge. Are you worth what you think you are, time will tell.

7 days later

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
It depends on your goals and what you like about physics.

I was considering being a theoretical physicist, I never liked labs or engineering, but decided on CS and it's theory instead because it's a tad bit easier for me and the "applications" of it is abstract in nature as well. I could definitely go onto grad school for it but I am not quite sure I want to yet. 

Take some college physics courses first and see the degree that it beats you up. If you are smart enough to go to grad school for it and then for a PHD than that is always an option. There is no point in getting a masters in physics after your bachelors and stopping since it has no bearing on career outlooks. Just 2 more years and more debt. Otherwise for career prospects, go into engineering. Either that or invent something.

48 days later

FLRW
FLRW

So now you can pay someone to do your homework for you? No wonder the USA ranks 29th in IQ.

22 days later

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
How the hell do we have 7 bots stacked up on top of each other.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
New DArt turning into old dart gradually.  
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ebuc
@Intelligence_06
Welp. Looks like the end is near fellas. Again.

Ebuc, I know you remember it well; as do I. "Fun" times, am I right?

Intelligence, were you there when the collapse of DDO happened?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Mharman
Sorry Mharman, I was relatively new to it then,  and if we share disscussions, I forget.

So much water flows under the bridge of life. Hard to keep track, yet, the great fall of original DDO is not hard to forget.