The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
Winner & statistics
After 14 votes and with 88 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- Two days
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- Two months
- Point system
- Multiple criterions
- Voting system
Panuto: Magkakaroon ng debate ang mga mag-aaral. Sa isang panig ang mga nagsasabi na pantay-pantay ang lahat ng tao, sa kabila naman ang mga naniniwala na hindi pantay-pantay ang mga tao.
ONLINE is "available over the Internet."
DEBATE is "an argument, usually in an ordered or formal setting"
BURDEN of PROOF:
"When two parties are in a discussion and one makes a claim that the other disputes, the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim especially when it challenges a perceived status quo"
CON interprets the resolution to mean that PRO must prove his intention to debate online.
- Ang PAGHAYAG ng KALAYAAN
- Inaangkin namin ang mga katotohanang ito na maging maliwanag sa sarili, na ang lahat ng mga tao ay nilikha na pantay, na pinagkalooban ng kanilang Maylalang na may tiyak na hindi magagawang Mga Karapatan, na kabilang sa mga ito ay ang Buhay, Kalayaan at ang hangarin ng Kaligayahan.
- Frances Wright:
- Ang pagkakapantay-pantay ay ang kaluluwa ng kalayaan; sa katunayan, walang kalayaan kung wala ito.
CON looks forward to PRO's R3 response.
- Artikulo 1:
- "Lahat ng tao ay ipinanganak nang libre at pantay sa dignidad at karapatan. Pinagkalooban sila ng pangangatuwiran at budhi at dapat kumilos sa isa't isa sa diwa ng kapatiran."
- M. K. Gandhi:
- "Walang dalawang dahon ang magkapareho, at gayon pa man ay walang antagonismo sa pagitan nila o sa pagitan ng mga sanga kung saan sila lumalaki."
CON looks forward to PRO's R4 response.
- "La Dictionnaire Philosophique", Voltaire
- Kung ang mundong ito ay kung ano ang nararapat, kung ang tao ay makakahanap ng lahat ng dako nito, isang madaling pag-iisa, at isang klima na angkop sa kanyang kalikasan, malinaw na imposible para sa isang tao na maalipin ang isa pa.
CON looks forward to PRO's R5 response.
VOTERS should recall that CON interprets the resolution to mean that PRO must prove his intention to debate online.
- CON submits PRO's full forfeiture as evidence PRO has no intention to debate online.
- PRO dropped every point CON made and PRO made zero arguments in PRO 's defense.
- VOTERS should award CON the awful falafel of full forfeiture .
- Thx, El-Khe and
- Thanks to all VOTERS for their kind consideration.
- Pls. vote CON!
Ppl still voting on this? Why?
Just realized I made all points tied. Had to delete and redo.
thank u, intelligence
There are lots of one-time debaters where they quickly create one then go away. They constitute 50% of my total win in my old account.
Well Oro is known to play semantics, so he probably thinks that a post not in english is one equal of nothing.
Yeah I thought so too.
I thought you are supposed to prove that people aren't equal
Hi, El-Khe. I see this is your first debate but I think you will probably want a chance to refine your formatting. I've translated your description from Tagalog:
Rule: Students will have a debate. On the one hand those who say that everyone is equal, while others believe that people are not equal.
Which certainly sounds like an interesting and debatable topic. I would recommend that you write the debate topic in English and set some expectations for what kind of debate you are looking for in the description. I recommend that we delete this debate so you can restart without penalty