Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 5 votes and 34 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- Two weeks
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- Two months
- Point system
- Four points
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
This debate is on the resurrection of Jesus, the most important doctrine in Christianity.
-- TOPIC --
Resolved: Jesus Christ Rose From The Dead
-- STRUCTURE --
1. No forfeits
2. Citations must be provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final speeches
4. Observe good sportsmanship and maintain a civil and decorous atmosphere
5. No trolling
6. No "kritiks" of the topic (challenging assumptions in the resolution)
7. For all resolutional terms, individuals should use commonplace understandings that fit within the logical context of the resolution and this debate
8. The BOP is on Pro; Con's BOP lies in proving Pro wrong. Con may make original arguments if he wants to.
9. Rebuttals of new points raised in an adversary's immediately preceding speech may be permissible at the judges' discretion even in the final round (debaters may debate their appropriateness)
11. Violation of any of these rules merits a loss.
I am actually not a fan of David's he almost destroyed this site completely. Hopefully we have people in a position that will undo his damage, which will take a while.
He isn't going to rematch me
If I have time will cast a vote in the event of a rematch on the issue.
I wish I actually did this debate. Especially after seeing those arguments. Sorry David
I noticed you focused a lot on whether the new testament is God Given. I think it's much more important just to take it as eyewitness testimony that was written like 20 to 30 years after the event.
The resurrection being true, is the important part, not the minor discrepancies if they are in fact discrepancies. Also you compared the historical capturing of the event with the crossing of the Rubicon. The historical accounts of Caesers life also have some wierd supernatural and clearly untrue shit in them as well. For example tales of animals coming out of the sky and the sun stopping for Caesar. Crazy things. Jesus was a peasant not a famous statesman like Caesar. There will be less amounts of Jesus.
David, Jesus is your messiah. I have failed you, by not taking this debate more seriously. Perhaps I have cost you immortality with your heavenly father in eternal paradise. I am truly sorry. I hope I find some time at some point to provide you proper rebuttals, and hopefully you actually have the time to look over my rebuttals, though I have mentioned a few above
Forgot about thos debate. Surprised I have time to post
Will you promise to stop being Jewish when I win this debate?