Summer is better than winter
The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
Winner & statistics
After 1 vote and with 5 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- Two days
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- One month
- Point system
- Multiple criterions
- Voting system
Good morning ,afternoon and evening ladies and gentlemen thank you for attending my point of view on this topic. The question? Is Summer is better than winter? I think yes because:
1)Outdoor fun. Speaking of getting sunshine, summer is better than winter for the simple fact that you can spend more time outdoors. Obviously, winter comes with cold temps and sometimes even snow, which typically means more time cuddled up indoors.Taking advantage of the lighter evenings means that there is more time to spend with your loved ones or trying something new.
2)The enjoyment of the great outdoors. There is so much to explore when we get the chance to step outside and take in the summer sun.
3)While sunny skies and warm temperatures do more than make our environment a pleasant place. They also provide some very significant benefits to our health and wellbeing. Research indicates that you are less likely to die of a heart attack in the summer than in the winter.summer is better than winter because you can have more fun. You can do a million things but in winter just a few due to the cold weather and the length of daylight. We also think Summer is one of the best seasons out of all the seasons ( Autumn, Winter and Spring).
4)Warmth of the summer days creates lifelong conditions for animals and plants activities. Also be ready for the thunderstorms, because in the summer it is very important phenomenon. It helps nature to survive in this hot period, crops to grow better and later give harvest!
5)Mental affection, there are some real, scientific reasons why we feel better, mentally and physically, during the summer months: There's an undeniable connection between weather and mood. “Warmer months do tend to have an impact on our overall happiness and well-being,” says Helene D. Moore.
6)Winter typically has cold weather, little daylight, and limited plant growth. In spring, plants sprout, tree leaves unfurl, and flowers blossom. Summer is the warmest time of the year and has the most daylight, so plants grow quickly. In autumn, temperatures drop, and many trees lose their leaves.
7)Do you enjoy free time? Being able to wake up in the morning and have no worries about schedules, plans or work? That’s what summer is. A time during the year meant for a break and maybe a rest. A time meant for you to do whatever you want and be yourself. That is why I am writing a persuasive essay titled “Summer is better than Winter.” I believe that summer will always be less stressful and a time easier to do what you want to do. But resting is not the only thing summer has to offer. There are other things that make summer such an enjoyment! Some of you live in Florida (or used to), and you know cold weather is more rare than it is in other places. (One time I had to wear a T-shirt near the end of December!) Honestly, there are many ways that warmer weather is best. Clearly winter is very cold, so you need to be prepared. Gloves, coats, hats, scarves, the list goes on and on, and all to stay warm. In my family, we have bins full of all the things you need in cold winter. But in the summertime, you need to have nothing more than a T-shirt, a pair of shorts or a skirt, and shoes. (I prefer barefeet.) No heavy layers included! Are you interested in sports or activities? If so, then summer is a good season for you! A lot of activities and sports happen in this season. Softball, baseball and tennis to name a few. There are also lots of different water activities that many different people enjoy. Even my littlest sister likes the pool, and she isn’t even 2 years old yet! The list of water activities includes diving, surfing, snorkeling, and just normal swimming! The water is always a highlight of summer. And what about all the wonderful foods and snacks that you can’t have and enjoy in winter? There are nice and cold snacks like popsicles and ice cream, for one. Summer is the best season to enjoy cold but tasty snacks on a hot day. There are foods like hot dogs, popcorn, and BBQ . I haven’t even mentioned the seasonal fruits and vegetables that sweeten summer even more. Tomatoes, watermelon, corn on the cob, peaches, the list goes on and on. Summer foods are always easy, fun, and DELICIOUS! Summer is simple, fun, and carefree. You can do so many things. I hope that my writing has inspired you to enjoy and discover summer in a different way. If you love warm weather, sports, and good food, than summer is the season for you! Non of which is accessible/the best way to enjoy in winter.
Summer in better than winter because of it many beneficial provides
Thank you for spending ur time reading and I do aswell wish my opponent Good luck!!! May the best argument win...
x. Default to con
- The applicability of this condition is obvious in the context of our debate. Pro bears the burden of proof and the existence of doubt to the truth value of the proposition we are debating holds true value.
- We can also note that no stipulations exist for the degree to which summer is better than winter, so pro is in essence arguing that summer surpasses winter in all cases that would constitute it as a better season.
- My argument is that summer is more harmful to society at large than winter.
- Pro speaks about the rise in warm temperatures as if this is an intrinsically good thing by any means. If pro's case rests on the idea that warmth is good in itself the most logical action is to deconstruct such an idea.
- Because of such "an increase in hot summer days, where it felt at least 90 degrees, was associated with an average of 1,373 extra deaths each year."
- In addition, there are significantly more pests in the summer. Mosquitoes, ticks, flies, and hornets thrive during the period. The insects harm humanity as a whole by causing pain and diseases.
- "With the exception of tuberculosis, malaria kills more people than any other communicable disease in the world." Malaria, a disease spread by mosquitos, is a plague upon humanity that causes some of the worst and large scale forms of suffering. The pests that spread this disease thrive in the summer months whereas comparatively in winter, they can hardly survive.
- In addition, summer is the month that comes with the most injuries namely: broken bones. Secondly, "most traffic accidents and fatalities occur in the summer months, with a peak during July and August." We have to conclude that with strains of injury and accidents summer comes with extensive harm to the populace at large in comparison to winter.
- Most tornados occur during summer, which is self-explanatory problematic.
- "August has been by far the worst month for hurricanes, with an average of 74 every year." In addition, Tsunamis become most common in spring and mid-summer.
- Conclusively, most natural disasters occur in summer which further presents the month as damaging to humanity and society.
- Studies show "evidence that people generally sleep less during the summer, due to increased daylight exposure and just being too hot to sleep comfortably, and sleep deprivation increases the production of cortisol — a stress hormone that drives sugar cravings, swelling, and overall weight gain" .
- "Summertime leads to higher sun exposure. Exposure to the sun can cause sunburn, skin aging (such as skin spots, wrinkles, eye damage, and skin cancer)." The summer exasperates the risk of skin complications and skin cancer.
- As implied above "incidence of malaria is significantly higher in summer compared to winter."
- In addition to the above, air quality is worse in summer, which by truism comes with its line of adverse impacts.
- Note that pro does not even cite any particularly compelling statistics that would at least show summer as better than winter in some aspects.
- Violent crime goes up significantly in the summer, so we can conclude that summer makes entails society will be considerably more dangerous. If less crime occurs in the cold vs the heat we can assert that the cold is marginally better for society.
- Pro makes vague and unsubstantiated comparative notions towards the presence of presumably more activities in the summer.
- Winter contains some of the biggest holidays around the world to name a few, Christmas and New Year. The economic yield from these holidays alone is enough to demonstrate their value and contribution to the utility through activities and festivity. Christmas alone literally generates over a trillion dollars. Con analyzes the bigger picture rather than sporadic activities that don't sufficiently demonstrate the superiority of summer more than the instigator's own opinion. What makes one activity superior to another? The same applies to food as well.