Iran "morality police" beats up teenage girl, she is now brain dead

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 34
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea

"A teenage girl allegedly attacked by Iranian authorities for not wearing a hijab is said to be "brain dead", state media in the country has reported.
Armita Geravand, 16, suffered "severe injuries" at the hands of the so-called morality police at Shohada Station in Tehran at the start of October, human rights organisation Hengaw said."
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Sounds like the moral thing to do. Beat peoples brains in because they don't think like you. Reminds of every religion and ideology on the planet.
John_C_87
John_C_87
Morality police? It is just what might be the larger imperfect state of the union made with criminal law and established justice there is. The democratic argument is over public alcohol consumption, fashion, a female United State Constitutional Right. United State Constitutional Right meaning United States of law as right in connection to established justice, insured tranquility, the common defense as general welfare with blessings of liberty. 

America looks very hypocritical when it cannot legislate female United State Constitutional Right for itself while suggesting that the criminallaw be a GNP.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
Thats why I am atheist.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Best.Korea
You aint no different, Atheism, just another cult. All the religions, ideologies and cults fighting and killing each other  over who is the most peaceful and worthy of ruling over peoples lives with an iron fist. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
Eh okay. I thought I was different, but now I know that I am same.
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@sadolite
 Never heard a parent argue with a child over what they are wearing in public, it is simply a more dramatic responce to the basic issue the same is said with alcohol in this region of the world.  Finding the most complete truthful United State of law may be strongly influenced if lack of representation is allowed to continue with religion being a alibi for dismissal of introduction of facts into the established judicial process.   

John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@Best.Korea

A basic startingplace for debate here is that Iran like Japan still carries punishmentsrelating to public flogging as a result of committing a crime. The UnitedStates of America has since stopped such forms of punishment leaving a gap inUnited States Constitutional Right. There is a significant amount of work whichwould need to go into describing a series of self-evident truths governing overflogging itself. In basic though for quick understanding flogging as a UnitedState Constitutional right can dictate the force and ways in which someone mightbe struck after conviction in relationship to criminal accusation. What we thepeople do as a United State Constitutional Right is describe how someone mightbe better off spanked for some crimes in a controlled fashion instead of havingtheir hand cut off or be placed in an adult prison full of convicted felons.

It is my understand that you feel helpless and the similaritybetween American along with many other nations police brutality and Iran policebrutality are too close for comfort. The problem comes from the use ofcriminal law without United States Constitutional law as a balance on thescales of Justice.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
These are people that you can't discuss with. And don’t wonder if the conflict of Palestine and Israel escalate. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@IlDiavolo
Well, maybe they were just denied of love needed to make them kind.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@John_C_87
Capitalism creates wealth. It isn't an ideology or way of thinking about the world. Capitalism is a proven tool for all people to use to generate wealth and income. It is a win/win for both sides. One side offers goods or services, one side offers goods or services in return. If no agreement is made, they part ways. All religions, cults and ideologies were created to forcibly confiscate wealth from those who create it to spend it what those who created it don't want it spent on. 95% of all money that my govt spends my confinscated wealth on is abhorrently immoral and disgusting from my point of view.  That is why religions, ideologies and cults exist. They could never convince people to spend their hard earned dollars on their abhorrently immoral  and disgusting desires. They point a gun in your face, take it and tell you that you are a worthless piece of sub human shit for not agreeing to give up your wealth for things you find abhorrently disgusting and immoral.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I am suddenly reminded of Starship Troopers,

Specifically, the use of public punishment in the book and film.
. . .

Though a different view is that people have various responses, to various methods of correction.

Yelling, pain, pressure,
Can tunnel the subjects vision, thinking, feeling.
But learning in depth, is different than punishment and avoidance, I suppose.

One could argue that a public pain punishment, is quick,
Quicker than months or years in prison,
Associates the act with don't do, if done quickly.

Though there 'is a lot online, against negative reinforcement,
I haven't thought on the idea in a while.
. . .

Hm, had my own experiences with negative reinforcement as a kid, I don't think on 'fondly,
Had a debate on the Death Penalty on DDO,
Discussion with LOGICZOMBIE on the subject once.
. . . Hm, worth thinking on again.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Though even if I agreed with negative reinforcement,
Beating someone until they are braindead, sounds a braindead way to go about it,
Assuming you wanted the person to go on living in a way you thought right. 'I'm 'Not saying what they did was right,
Just that even from a negative reinforcement perspective, seemed badly done.

Though I suppose some people don't mind killing or maiming other people,
Think it's fit for them, or a fearful reminder to others.

Terrible to hear though, is my view, of what was done to this teenage girl.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Brainwashed male thugs with too much testosterone.

Sort of every bloke under fifty.

Though content and associated levels of thuggery will vary relative to brainwashed content and tolerated thuggery.

Especially when overseen by a previously brainwashed patriarchy.

Interesting how the cradle of civilisation has remained the least civilised. (This is a generalisation)
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@sadolite
Capitalism creates wealth. It isn't an ideology or way of thinking about the world. Capitalism is a proven tool for all people to use to generate wealth and income. It is a win/win for both sides. One side offers goods or services, one side offers goods or services in return. If no agreement is made, they part ways. All religions, cults and ideologies were created to forcibly confiscate wealth from those who create it to spend it what those who created it don't want it spent on. 95% of all money that my govt spends my confinscated wealth on is abhorrently immoral and disgusting from my point of view.  That is why religions, ideologies and cults exist. They could never convince people to spend their hard earned dollars on their abhorrently immoral  and disgusting desires. They point a gun in your face, take it and tell you that you are a worthless piece of sub human shit for not agreeing to give up your wealth for things you find abhorrently disgusting and immoral.
O....kay. And?
FLRW
FLRW

Sort of every bloke under fifty.
Thankfully, I am as old as Trump.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
Capitalism creates wealth.
Yeah, capitalism sounds cool. I wish it would exist, but sadly, it doesnt.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@John_C_87
And nothing, I simply explained why I believe  Ideologies, cults and religions are at their very core evil. I get there is no way to avoid them. But I can undermine them every chance I get. That's all a free thinking person can do. I used to be part of them, I finally became enlightened and know why they exist now. It took a better part of 45 years to figure it out. As a matter of fact my journey to enlightenment started the first time I visited a debate site. 
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@sadolite
And nothing, I simply explained why I believe  Ideologies, cults and religions are at their very core evil. I get there is no way to avoid them. But I can undermine them every chance I get. That's all a free thinking person can do. I used to be part of them, I finally became enlightened and know why they exist now. It took a better part of 45 years to figure it out. As a matter of fact my journey to enlightenment started the first time I visited a debate site. 
Capitalism does not create wealth it describes who owns Capital and who holds the greatest risk as it might lose or gains in value.
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@Best.Korea
A teenage girl allegedly attacked by Iranian authorities for not wearing a hijab
The issue here is not religion it is fashion as a criminal law...
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@John_C_87
Whatever you say. My life experiences and observations say different.
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@sadolite
Your experience tells you a hijab is not article of fashion?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@John_C_87
I don't care why they are worn and don't care. You can wear shit stained under ware on your face for all I care. But with that said, don't even think of telling me I have to wear some bacteria collecting shit rag on my face.  For the ones who want to wear them, good for them. For the ones that don't and are forced to. I pity them and wish they had the power to kill everyone who forces them to.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Impotency begets wisdom.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
For sure.

Your acquired wisdom is appreciable.

Regards. 

John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@sadolite
I don't care why they are worn and don't care. You can wear shit stained under ware on your face for all I care. But with that said, don't even think of telling me I have to wear some bacteria collecting shit rag on my face.  For the ones who want to wear them, good for them. For the ones that don't and are forced to. I pity them and wish they had the power to kill everyone who forces them to.
I can't tell if you are trying to understand the wisdom behind United States Constitutional Right or just trying to pass a criminal law governing the washing of the hijab. To be clear you know the hijab is anarticle of close a fashion statement and just do not care. You feel it is not hygienic meanwhile as you do not care there is also a portion of the world community who have spent billions of dollars on facial recognition software who have otherreasons for women not to wear them.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@John_C_87
I don't care if a person "choses to wear" a bacteria collection factory on their face. If you or anyone else would force someone to wear one, I hope you die. Is that clear enough?
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@sadolite
I don't care if a person "choses to wear" a bacteria collection factory on their face. If you or anyone else would force someone to wear one, I hope you die. Is that clear enough?
I know I am going to die someday as the process of death is half of all living and I do not force anyone to wear a hijab. However, it is anarticle of fashion and is part of a dress code by law. The law was legislated by a form of democracy and is now viewed by some as repressive as a resistance to a change of fashion.  I am looking for a more perfect solution to address the crime other than public flogging by officers of the law. I do not believe you do not care. What I believe is you do not know how the influence a change for the better on the laws that have been legislated and the response created by some in law enforcement.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
Well stated. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

Remember that my key to longevity is the same as Ernest Borgnine's
John_C_87
John_C_87
-->
@Best.Korea
Well stated. 

You don't see that as a mixed message everyone who regulates fashion by law is wished dead?
Well stated, can't say that in any better way maybe with some kind of connection to established justice?