Religion is always forced on children.

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 8
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
You can lie to yourself and say that religion is not forced onto children.

But in order to sustain that lie, you would need to assume that:

1. Children had equal unbiased exposure to every religion in the world

This first lie is the hardest, but try your best. I am pretty sure you will make it. How many religions were there in the world? 3000? Yeah, I am pretty sure that you taught your children all those religions without bias. (wink wink)

2. Children were not lied to, but were presented with proof alone

Okay, this second lie might not work out well for you, because children dont even know what counts as proof. Still, try your best.

3. Children are able to choose religion

Okay, this one might be your dumbest yet.
The only way for religion not to be forced on children is if children werent taught religion at all, 
or if they chose their religion willingly.
So children, who cant consent (according to Christians) consented to religion?

Christian stupidity and self-defeats never end!!!
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim
-->
@Best.Korea
whether it's forced is a play on words. i can see yes or no calling it 'forced'. i'm more interested in the reasons skeptics would think religion shouldn't be taught to kids. i can see your points on full consent and knowledge, but is it actually bad to teach your kids your traditions? it's like teaching them about history, only the history is contested by some people. but just because it's contested, doesn't mean the religion is untrue or that it's bad to teach them. 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
Typically nonsense from our number one fan of Harikrish. 

Every child in history is forced into most things as they grow up.  And that's not because of an evil intent on the behalf of parents but simply because that is how life works. Children are children - they are not old enough to make their own decisions about pretty much anything.  They are forced by most governments to go to school and to taught whatever the local government thinks is the correct curriculum. This is dogma. Education for the most part is dogma. 

Adults who obviously are allowed and permitted to make such decisions in their life - are not permitted by the government to leave their children at home whilst they go to work, go to play sport or go to the movies, nor are they permitted to leave them at home while their parents attend to whatever religious activity they are permitted to attend.  Hence, children during non-school times when they are systematically dogmatised by the local public school in a worldview of secular garbage with our their consent (after all it is compulsory) tend to go with their parents to do with whatever their parents are doing - sport, political rallies, environmental rallies, movies, church, religious activities, and this is how it works. 

No child is ever asked and told - they must consent to learning at school. they simply must obey. And their parents and them can get into serious trouble if they don't comply. 

Parent's can't leave their children at home while they go to church. And to insist that they should is STUPID. And at odds with everything else we do in the world. 

Hence, another stupid topic for our number three nonsensical person on this forum. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Correct.

Though force is not an essential requirement.

Children absorb, process and store data, relative to their circumstances.

The veracity of the data is of no concern to the child.

So people continue to base their existence upon 2000 year old creation myths.

Harmless in itself, until competing ideologies oppose each other with real force.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
Typically nonsense from our number one fan of Harikrish
Thats rude. I worship Satan now. You can tell by my Lucifer's sigil in my profile photo.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@n8nrgim
Well, it more comes down to:

Should we teach kids nonsense?

And why the hell would we teach kids nonsense?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
Harmless in itself, until competing ideologies oppose each other with real force
Hey, in this sentence, you just exposed Christianity as a cult that fights other cults.

Nice job.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Does any religion based separatist movement require exposition.

"Cult"...Yep, Christianity is essentially a cult... Albeit a large popular one.

Though cults are generally regarded as being small and less popular.