Is This The Real Reason Jesus Was Crucified?

Author: Stephen

Total: 33
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Praise indeed.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Continuing from post  #11 where it is clearly shown that Jesus was indeed a part of the seditions temple rebellion and the  Galilean zealot murderer  Jesus Barabbas had also taken part in it with him and that resulted in the deaths of 18 Galileans by the fall of the Siloam tower, and where I asked:

What about the Tower of Siloam? What kind of tower was it? Again the bible is silent . But we can get an idea of what it was from none other than Jewish historian Flavius Josephus..

But we have to start here:

Opposite the city on the Mount of Olives and he [the miracle worker Jesus] gathered around him150 assistants and masses of followers. When they seen his ability to do whatever he wished by word, they told him that they wanted him to enter the city, destroy the Roman troops, and make himself king; but he took no notice.”. (Josephus Jewish War).<<<< This verse from Josephus, it cannot be denied, is far too close to the New Testament verses to be coincidence.

John7:1-10. Jesus is asked:
8 Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.
9 When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
10 But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

And we have to also remember this from  Judas(not Iscariot):

John 14:22 Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

The tower.

Josephus doesn’t put a name to the tower but does have this to say;
 “NOW, on the next night, a surprising disturbance fell upon the Romans; for whereas Titus had given orders for the erection of three towers of fifty cubits high, that by setting men upon them at every bank, he might from thence drive those away who were upon the wall, it so happened that one of these towers fell down about midnight; and as its fall made a very great noise”. Jewish Wars.

It is an historical fact that that these Roman constructions were either siege towers or lookout towers. And, that the Galilean zealots were famous for undermining them causing them to collapse killing those on top of them and those below. "50 cubits high" approximately 75 feet.

And there is also one astonishing thing that Jesus says concerning non other than his alleged "cousin" John the Baptist.

But first let me take you back to an old thread of mine concerning war in heaven. It only amounted to 12 posts but I had a good reason for asking the question at the time as I always do. None of the usual suspects came anywhere in answering my question. In fact it was totally avoided by them and given a very wide berth.
  It would be nice and I would be grateful if anyone particularly any of our new members that seemed to have suddenly joined the religion forum to have a read of it and give me an opinion or an answer.

....to be continued......

7 days later

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ponikshiy
No surprises then that our resident believers and biblical know-it - all's have declined my invitation above #32 to answer  what should be for them, one of the most  the simplest biblical questions posed over a week ago which was simply this:

I Hear the Phrase often " the war in heaven".
When did it happen? Who won? Or hasn't it happened yet?
Did a god "cast out satan", If so when and what for?
Who started the war? What was the war over? 

So as usual, the cowards have left it to me to answer it for them. Or Jesus himself can answers it: HERE>>

Andfrom the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heavensuffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. Matthew 11 King James Version (KJV).

So it appears then that it was Jesus' rival and enemy John the Baptist that was at the root cause of all the violence and sedition explained above. I think by now many understand that John the Baptist had a massive following of his own and well before his "cousin" Jesus appeared on the scene.  Indeed at least some of Jesus' disciples came from among John's own army of disciples. And it is a fact that John was more of a firebrand than Jesus (on the face of it) and had sent disciples to "follow" Jesus where ever he went.
 It shouldn't be forgotten that the bible reminds us often that simply being "born of women" makes all of making "sinful" .
 So what does Jesus have to say about John the Baptist?

"For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

So here, according to Jesus, John the Baptist was the lowest of the low.

We also know that John himself denied being a prophet.
We also know that John the Baptist was of the clear understanding that it was Jesus that was that was supposed to have baptised him, hence the confrontation down at the River Jordan where John had been baptising his own disciples into his own movement.
We also know that John in his testimony after the fact  also denied even knowing Jesus.

Let me explain the reason for what we today call  "baptism" in those times.  John was about to make his move on the temple  and the temple authorities by entering the temple compound  and the temple itself and "taking it by force" (remember Matthew 11:12 above) But neither he nor any of his army could enter into that holy place without  first being cleansed: by ritual of  Tevilah  a full body immersion in water. 
John wasn't washing away sins persay as the Christian will have us all believe. John a Levite priest, was purifying members of his massive army in preparation for his bid to become king and high priest of the "kingdom of heaven" which was another name for the temple.......

To be continued....