Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

I became an Atheist at 12 years old when my very religious Aunt and Uncle's 7 year old son died rom leukemia.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
The world is cruel. Thats why we know that it wasnt created by any good being.

My question for religious people is:

"Can you imagine a better world? Yes?

So why cant your God?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@FLRW
Best.Korea wrote: Do you have a moment for Jesus?

@FLRW wrote: I became an Atheist at 12 years old when my very religious Aunt and Uncle's 7 year old son died rom leukemia.

FLRW, that is  a back-hand  that can't be opposed nor beat , my friend...... stand by for "mysterious ways" ... etc etc..
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
Christians:

"Dont follow Lucifer, he is evil"

But Christian God at the same time:

"Sends 2 bears to kill 40 children"

Yeah, I am going with Lucifer this time.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

Remember Judges 11:31  !
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@FLRW
I became an Atheist at 12 years old when my very religious Aunt and Uncle's 7 year old son died rom leukemia.

I won't insult the reasoning of a 12 year old, you no doubt have better reasons to maintain that belief than you did to initially form it. I will say though, that most religions would believe the child was in a better place and certainly getting mad that God put your suffering friend in an eternal paradise was silly.

In one of the Surahs in the Quran, it is written that if one is confident they will go to heaven than they should not value their life, beyond that it says anyone who doesn't want to die, likely doesn't want to because they know they are evil and will go to hell.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ponikshiy
most religions would believe the child was in a better place 
Thats an obvious lie, otherwise they would celebrate when a child dies.
ponikshiy
Debates: 9
ponikshiy
-->
@Best.Korea
Many cultures do celebrate, but perhaps it is also okay to feel sad for your own loss, even if it is temporary and you will see them again when you die
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ponikshiy
Many cultures do celebrate
I do like it when the word "many" is used to describe a small minority in the world.

it is also okay to feel sad for your own loss, even if it is temporary and you will see them again when you die
The alternative explanation is that they are simply failing to believe their own lies.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ponikshiy

Remember that your Afterlife will be the same as your Beforelife.
General Anesthetic proves this.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
We become what we are conditioned to become, until eventually we are rendered to the stuff of the Universe.

Residual energy is speculation.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea

Best.Korea,

The video is nothing new, where a AI Jesus says He will bless us and forgive all of our sins, where in FACT there is no need not to sin, praise! This is one reason I love Christianity and where there will be no women in heaven!

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@FLRW

FLRW,

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE, AS USUAL:  "Remember that your Afterlife will be the same as your Beforelife."

WRONG!   There are many Scriptural reasons for believing that we will be raised with the same body that TRUE Christians died with, even if they were brutally maimed in any way. First, Christ was raised in the same body He had before He died. We know this because the tomb was empty (Luke 24:1-6) and because His resurrected body retained scars from the crucifixion (John 20:25, 27). Since Christ's resurrection is the pattern that our resurrection will follow (Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Cor. 15:49), then we will also be raised with the same body, except women that WILL NOT inhabit our glorious heaven as the scriptures so state, thank you God!

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas

All strippers go to Hell, don't they?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
In Bible's own words, only virgin men go directly to heaven.

Bible revelation 14

"Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins."
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea

See you at LUX !!!
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Yes.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@FLRW

FLRW,

YOUR QUOTE OF AN OBVIOUS OUTCOME TO JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS: "All strippers go to Hell, don't they?"

DUH!  "Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God" (Galations 5:19-21)

This one thing that is is great in being a TRUE Christian like myself, is where I can watch sexy female strippers with a hand full of dollars at a strip club in town in being sinful, BUT, since Jesus forgives ALL sins all the time (Hebrews 8:12), I am still saved to go To my glorious 1400 mile heaven, praise!  Whereas you in being a Hell bound Atheist upon your demise, will burn in the sulfur lakes of HELL!   “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
I will burn with my father Lucifer.

And all the nasty women will be there too 😀

But in heaven, only men? So what will you guys do there in heaven?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Is stripping even a sin these days?

I would guess that stripping has been down graded.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea

Best.Korea,

YOUR SEEMINGLY QUOTE OF DESPAIR: "But in heaven, only men? So what will you guys do there in heaven?"

What part of a "Men's Club" don't you understand?  Since there will be no women in heaven as I have biblically described before, thank you Jesus, and that because of this biblical axiom, therefore no sex in heaven!  Thank Jesus' words in keeping out the whining and complaining 2nd  class women from earth that men had to put up with, whereas they were only put here to reproduce Christin Soldiers for the cause, praise!  

I am sure that our "Men's Club" will have to take numbers to be able to talk to Jesus our God, which could be years upon years, nonetheless, where my question to him when ever I get this chance, would ask Him; "When in the Hell are you ever going to have your Second Coming to save all of your Christians, where when doing so, they will come out of their graves of years upon years as skeletons, and then transformed in heaven with their same body as before they died! 

The ONLY reason that I am a TRUE Christian, is the FACT that there will be no women in heaven as biblically shown, praise!

"It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife." (Proverbs 21:19) 

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea

Best.Korea,

ONCE AGAIN YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE:  I will burn with my father Lucifer.  And all the nasty women will be there too 😀"

YES, since you will be in the sulfur lakes of Hell for eternity, and if there will be "nasty women" with you as well, then there will be some very hot sex in Hell, no pun intended, where you can envision me in Jesus' heaven with a bunch of men only talking about our life upon earth until we're blue in the face!  

SethBrown
Debates: 23
SethBrown
-->
@FLRW
Im sorry to hear about that, its odd why an all loving god would take people away from us, or even allow evil in general. But I don't think he does things for no reason, don't you think it'd be horrible if people had to live in their sins forever? That is the reason god drove us out of the garden, it would be far better to be in heaven than to live in our sins.

Now this wouldnt answer the question of evil, if your curious for my answer for that I don't mind going into details about it.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@SethBrown

Seth Brown.

ONCE AGAIN YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP: "Im sorry to hear about that, its odd why an all loving god would take people away from us, or even allow evil in general."

H-E-L-L-O, anybody home today, obviously NOT!  Heads up Bible fool, our serial killer Jesus as the ONE GOD created evil in the first place, therefore it is expected that His HEBREW creation will be evil for Him to continually save us!  "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

Seriously, are you vying to be more Bible Stupid than Miss Tradesecret?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
@SethBrown
 don't you think it'd be horrible if people had to live in their sins forever? 

Doesn't God by his own admission have a sinful nature.

It has to be taken into account what god himself has to say in the Genesis version: " whom I created,” then going on to state "for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth".
To corrupt something there had to be a state or condition where there was something unspoiled to begin with. And Genesis goes on and talks about what man has become because of his  spoiling or corrupting  nature with which he was created through Eve.

Humans have never needed a sinful nature to make them sin.

Wasn't the first sin ever committed- committed  by "the devil himself" ?  He didn't  have a sinful nature to make him sin, did he?  Then there are the angels that " fell from heaven". So did not they too have a sinful nature to make them sin. It is only then that Eve is said to have sinned. She did not have a sinful nature to make her sin. Then, why should it be thought necessary for all men to be born with a sinful nature to account for their sins? Were not the son's of god created first?

It is the firm belief of Christians and the Christian Church that the son's of god "fell" i.e. sinned; the bible is riddled with verses telling us this, 2 Peter being just one.  But the Pastors, Chaplains and Priests can never face up to - going by their own beliefs - that the son's of god too must have had been created /born with the same sinful nature. They -the Pastors, Chaplains and Priests - will ignore the clear biblical fact that it was only after the son's of god sinned, that Eve is said to have sinned and not before, while also ignoring the what we have and are, all comes from god according to their very own ideology!
If  every man "born of women" did "inherit sin" from  Eve "the mother of all living" then it came from only one place; god.

SethBrown
SethBrown
-->
@Stephen
I haven't seen a reason  to believe that, but sure lets look.

Then, why should it be thought necessary for all men to be born with a sinful nature to account for their sins? 
To say it's necessary is to say it couldnt of been any other way, and obviously it could've been another way, it's not logically contradictory for someone to not have a sinful nature. The Christian belief as to why all are born with a sinful nature is because of eve's sin, it was spread like a gene (although not a literal gene of course) there's more to it as well, its very likely adam & eve werent actually the only humans, so its likely the other ones sinned as well
Were not the son's of god created first?
are you referring to angels here?
 It is the firm belief of Christians and the Christian Church that the son's of god "fell" i.e. sinned; the bible is riddled with verses telling us this, 2 Peter being just one.  But the Pastors, Chaplains and Priests can never face up to - going by their own beliefs - that the son's of god too must have had been created /born with the same sinful nature.
I dont think it would follow they are necessarily created with a sinful nature (I see no reason to believe they were born), adam & eve were created in god's image (The Bible never refers to angels being made in the image of God, although many theologian friends of mine believe its very likely they were as well) and since they were made in god's image they don't have an sinful nature, at least not at that moment, but you see god also gave them free will, which gave them the option to make that sinful choice which eventually lead to the fall.
They -the Pastors, Chaplains and Priests - will ignore the clear biblical fact that it was only after the son's of god sinned, that Eve is said to have sinned and not before, while also ignoring the what we have and are, all comes from god according to their very own ideology!
I think your right in saying the priests, chaplains are wrong for saying eve was the 1st sin, and not all we have comes from god, alot of it I believe is self caused through free-will or other means.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@SethBrown
I haven't seen a reason  to believe that, but sure lets look.

.  "lets look"? Even though I have shown you in the very next line of my comment.

I shall underline it for you.

Stephen wrote: Doesn't God by his own admission have a sinful nature.

It has to be taken into account what god himself has to say in the Genesis version: " whom I created,” then going on to state "for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth".
To corrupt something there had to be a state or condition where there was something unspoiled to begin with. And Genesis goes on and talks about what man has become because of his  spoiling or corrupting  nature with which he was created through Eve.

Were not the son's of god created first?
are you referring to angels here?

Yes, also known as the sons of god. Or didn't you know that? 
Angel simply means messenger.

It is the firm belief of Christians and the Christian Church that the son's of god "fell" i.e. sinned; the bible is riddled with verses telling us this, 2 Peter being just one.  But the Pastors, Chaplains and Priests can never face up to - going by their own beliefs - that the son's of god too must have had been created /born with the same sinful nature.
I dont think it would follow they are necessarily created with a sinful nature.

Why not?  They were first to sin. If they didn't have a sinful nature then where did their ability to sin come from?

The Bible never refers to angels being made in the image of God

The bible doesn't  mention god created angels period!.

I think your right in saying the Pastors, priests, chaplains are wrong for saying eve was the 1st sin,

Well of course I am. The sons of god disobeyed and sinned against him in the first instance. There by they must have had a sinful nature to begin with as I have explained to you already.

So if  every man "born of women" did "inherit sin" from  Eve "the mother of all living" then it came from only one place; god. Who also admits to creating evil.

SethBrown
SethBrown
.  "lets look"? Even though I have shown you in the very next line of my comment.
Yes, I was saying lets look at your reasoning? What's the issue with that?

Sons of god is kinda a vague name to call them, although not necessarily wrong. Could also refer to humans who are redeemed. 
Why not?  They were first to sin. If they didn't have a sinful nature then where did their ability to sin come from?
Their ability to sin came from god, but we must specify, creating the possibility of evil is very different from creating evil, say a doctor when he vaccinates a kid, he created the possibility for good, but also the possibility for blood clots, rare allergic reactions, heart problems, etc. Now if that shot did result in a blood clot, or allergic reactions, certainly that doctor wouldnt be in the wrong, that's simply a risk that could happen, the doctor created the possibility for bad as well. I think God in a way created the possibility for good, and the possibility for bad, I dont think that makes god bad the same way it doesnt make the doctor bad.
I think Colossians 1:16 heavily alludes to god creating angels.
Well of course I am. The sons of god disobeyed and sinned against him in the first instance. There by they must have had a sinful nature to begin with as I have explained to you already.
Im not disagreeing with you, the angels can have a sinful nature (not to say all of them do)
So if  every man "born of women" did "inherit sin" from  Eve "the mother of all living" then it came from only one place; god. Who also admits to creating evil.
I think this is actually really relevant to what I said earlier, he created the possibility for evil, as well as the possibility for good.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@SethBrown
Yes, I was saying lets look at your reasoning? What's the issue with that?

The issue is that I had already shown you twice "the reasoning" from the bible and the mouth of god, if the BIBLE is to be believed. And you do believe the bible don't you?

Sons of god is kinda a vague name to call them, although not necessarily wrong. Could also refer to humans who are redeemed. 

There is nothing wrong or "vague" about the title "son/s of god".  And as for "vagueness" the BIBLE is "vague" about many things. It is certainly not a "crystal clear" as some here insist on it being. It is ambiguous and full of half stories and evasiveness .
Where did the ability for the sons of god to sin come from?

Their ability to sin came from god, but we must specify, creating the possibility of evil is very different from creating evil,

Oh please, stop with the apologetics. GOD! himself admits to being the creator evil. Read your bible.

The Bible never refers to angels being made in the image of God

I think Colossians 1:16 heavily alludes to god creating angels.
Nice, " all things seen and unseen" and that includes Evil and not just the "Possibility" of evil as you have attempted to water down and relieve god of any blame.

Well of course I am. The sons of god disobeyed and sinned against him in the first instance. There by they must have had a sinful nature to begin with as I have explained to you already.
Im not disagreeing with you, the angels can have a sinful nature (not to say all of them do)
Well of course they ALL do. Haven't you taken in what I have written above. Why would god create only some with a sinful nature and not all?

I think this is actually really relevant to what I said earlier, he created the possibility for evil, as well as the possibility for good.

Your are simply once again attempting to relieve your god of any responsibility for the creation of evil. You have to accept it, the GOD of the BIBLE admits to creating EVIL.  You really aught to read your bible a little closer if you seriously intend to discuss scripture.

I quote the  prophet native of Tekoa "shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it"?