Fable The Lost Chapters - Why is it the best Fable game? How does it compare to remake?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 2
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
So I played Fable again. This time as an evil character. I have to say evil characters are surprisingly strange. They have 3 powers that only they can master.
Berserker, drain life and something like mind control that turns enemies to allies.

I have to say berserker is really fun to play. It makes you really big and strong. It makes you unkillable, but your health can decrease to very low. The weakness is that at the end, you turn back to normal which makes you unable to move for a second, then you can cast again. Drain life doesnt seem to work on some enemies, and neither does mind control.

I completed the game as evil character and I have to say that evil character's powers dont feel as strong as they should be. Like, even berserker can be knocked down making you unable to fight.

I am saying this because before this I played many times as neutral character. With battle charge, which is a neutral power, you can pretty much beat any other power. By spamming battle charge, you basically become immune to all damage while knocking down your opponent constantly making him unable to fight.

This works as long as you have mana, but thanks to potions you basically have all mana you need.

Now, combining battle charge and berserker seems kinda unnecessary, unless you are fighting an enemy who has battle charge.

To me, it seems kinda strange that evil character didnt get more powers. The game is after all based on good and evil.

I started again as good character. Good character has shield, heal and summon.

So I picked the shield and it seems that it just turns your mana into health. It makes you very strong, you cant be knocked down, but I cant say I am too impressed.

Compared to neutral powers like Slow time, battle charge, force push, it seems kinda unfair.

Maybe Summon can make up for good character, but still I am not a fan of summoning spells in Fable because usually things you summon fight very slowly.

I feel like neither good nor evil character are perfect. It seems that neutral character beats both. Of course, in game, enemies arent exactly strong so it is possible to beat the game in many ways.

How does this game, Fable 1, compare to Fable 3? Simple. In Fable 3, all spells suck. You only have couple of spells, but nothing even close to spells like berserker and battle charge. There is no any joy in being mage in Fable 3.

I kmow that they wanted to invent something new, but Fable 3 made everything complicated. They focused on story too much and ruined combat experience.

The point of Fable 1 was to make you feel powerful and praised. In Fable 3, you are praised, but you dont feel powerful. There is nothing grand about you.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
The remake of Fable 1:

I know that better graphics are usually much good, but Fable the Anniversary could have added a bit more to the game than simply graphics.