Bible is boring

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 18
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
Does anyone else find Bible boring?

While I was a Christian, I forced myself to read Bible because I thought Jesus will burn me alive if I dont read it all.

I have to say its one of the most boring books I have ever read.

It is filled with irrelevant information. I literally felt physical pain in my brain from reading all the stupidity that is written there.

Some might say "gospels are fun".

There are two problems with gospels.

First, gospels make less than 1% of the Bible.

Second, gospels are boring too.

Its same story being repeated 4 times in a row.

Who wants to read same story for 4 times????

God was a shitty writter. He should have used ChatGPT to write book for him. At least ChatGPT would have enough sense to exclude the story of bears sent by God to kill children, as well as many other things that God mistakenly bragged about.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Best.Korea
It’s better than the sequel— the Book of Mormon.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Some might say "gospels are fun".

Do they?  Which part?
The Old Testament is a book of war and conquest that is only concerned with the welfare and prosperity of one bloodline and the New Testament is  a ok story on the surface. That is until you start to scratch it.
And then find that it is a book of about;
conflict among the many Jewish factions.
And one mans bid to unite them.
And become king to rule over Jerusalem.
And free the Jews from the Roman yoke. 
And remove the Romans and a Puppet king.  With intrigue, assassinations, rebels, infiltration, usurpation, spies, armed rebellions and much plotting.

While all the time pretending all was well and everyone got on swimmingly in first century Judaea and all were happy with their lot. Which they weren't and hadn't been for over 7oo years.

So yes I suppose one could call it a "fun" read. I would go as so far to say it is a quite a  ' rollercoaster' , BK.😁

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
First, gospels make less than 1% of the Bible.
Actually, 

Matthew is 3% of the bible all by itself. 

Mark is 1.85% 

Luke is 3.19% and 

John is 2.56%

That's a total of 10.6% of the Bible. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
That's a total of 10.6% of the Bible. 
Yes, 10%.

However, copied 4 times in a row.

So we could say its 2% to 3% in reality.

I will admit that 3% of the Bible is not that boring, while the remaining 97% is boring as Hell.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
So yes I suppose one could call it a "fun" read. I would go as so far to say it is a quite a  ' rollercoaster' , BK
Heh, Christians do quote it a lot, at least the non-bloody parts.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
So yes I suppose one could call it a "fun" read. I would go as so far to say it is a quite a  ' rollercoaster' , BK
Heh, Christians do quote it a lot, at least the non-bloody parts.

Correct. They give the vileness, ruthlessness and barbarity of god a great big swerve. Reporting only the parts they consider fluffy, cuddly and nice. If they could have gotten away with no mention of the vile execution of Jesus they would have I am sure. But then, they did have to have their dying and rising god as many civilisations had before Jesus. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Bible studies. 

Whats happening at a bible study ?  
Video games and pizza. ?
Gay sex ?  

God could of done a ( pick-a-path ) bible.   
Maybe some games and a centerfold of jesus to nail up.

What comes first when reading the "bible" .  The OT or the new ?
The new test  for sure hey. 
Guess 85%  

I wonder what reading the OT first does to the ummmmm psyche. 
Hummmmmmm. 

But seriously.   Out of 5  potatoes.  
Id give the bible ( 1 potatoe ) poor. boring . 

The bible
I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm sure. 
Downloaded bible and actual book bibles work the same. 

And Im pretty sure there is only one version. 
K
J
V
They love it.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
The four gospels all have different purposes and audiences. 

There are similarities in the first three gospels, hence the synoptic idea. Yet even they are significantly different from each other. 

The gospel of John is quite dissimilar. And again has a different purpose.  

Boring?  Someone has said the word "boring" is a modern word.  Before the word became part of our vernacular, the people who were inclined (pardon the pun) towards needing to be excited by something else, were considered to be slothful. 

Hence to suggest something is boring is a sign of someone being lazy.  

But for the record, I find history interesting. I find poetry interesting. I find wisdom literature interesting. I find prophetic and apocalyptic literature interesting. 

I don't find any of the Scriptures boring.  What might be considered boring of course is the endless repetition of people slandering others and then denying it. 

Or the endless repetition of clogging up a website using racist remarks and ugly sexist remarks.  

Boring in that sense has nothing to do with the sluggard. It has to do with the mindless activity of someone whose mind lives in the gutter. I seem to recall a certain person on a now-defunct website exercising such boring repetition. Now who was that again?  

He seems to remind me of someone on this website.  And then the irony of that person suggesting the Bible is boring. LOL! It staggers the mind. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Myths and legends are good when made into fantasy blockbusters.

For sure, reading them can be a tad tedious and time consuming.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
the people who were inclined (pardon the pun) towards needing to be excited by something else, were considered to be slothful. 
Well, how else am I going to get excited? Did being excited come on its own for people before? Did the vaccines cause boredom? 

Anyway, nice try derailing the thread, but sadly for you, it wont work.

The book that you worship is simply awful to read. Bible is boring. Its very boring.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
Actually, out of all fantasy books, Bible is probably the most boring one.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Whats happening at a bible study ?  
Video games and pizza. ?
Gay sex ?
Many priests did abuse boys, so we could say that gay sex happens in Christianity. There is definitely gay sex in church.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
That reminds me of the gauze thing that sits inbetween the confession booths.

And How they had to strengthened it to stop the priests from getting through it and assulting the sisters. 

When it comes to the "Moving up"  in the ranks of these priest fucks. 

To go from priest to bishop . You'd have to have under your belt.
Total guess. 
Like 10 sexual abuses on kids. Both boys and girls. 
And be known to never tell.    Can keep secrets real real good like. 

To be A cardnail,  christ knows what. 
But the main thing is again .   
A FULLY QUALIFIED  KNOWN GREAT SECRET KEEPER. 

A what happens in Vegas stays in vagas ummmmm, mentality 
What happens in the church.  

Real pieces of shit.  
And When you just start to picture the church doing kids 
Up pops 

I Imagine.  A "will securerer"  
Someone in a church group that gets old people to leave moneys. 

The "Church"  loves rich old people.  

I keep forgettin the church,  is a building. 
The church doesn't say this or that.  

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
the people who were inclined (pardon the pun) towards needing to be excited by something else, were considered to be slothful. 
Well, how else am I going to get excited? Did being excited come on its own for people before? Did the vaccines cause boredom? 
It's called keeping yourself active.  Vaccines?

Anyway, nice try derailing the thread, but sadly for you, it wont work.
You're most welcome, but I am not derailing or trying to derail your topic. You suggested the Bible was boring. I disagreed with you. I suggested the problem is not with the book but with the person reading it.  That is exactly on topic.  

The book that you worship is simply awful to read. Bible is boring. Its very boring.
I don't worship the Bible. I worship the one who breathed it out.  Or inspired it.  
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Tradesecret
You suggested the Bible was boring. I disagreed with you. I suggested the problem is not with the book but with the person reading it.
I dont think you understand what the topic is.

It's called keeping yourself active. 
Well, maybe you dont understand how boredom works either.

I don't worship the Bible. I worship the one who breathed it out.  Or inspired it.
Oh great. Now what can you tell us about him that the Bible didnt tell you, and how do you know that?

OwO 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Best.Korea
You suggested the Bible was boring. I disagreed with you. I suggested the problem is not with the book but with the person reading it.
I dont think you understand what the topic is.

It's called keeping yourself active. 
Well, maybe you dont understand how boredom works either.

Oh great. Now what can you tell us about him that the Bible didnt tell you, and how do you know that?

Yes, your topic is "the bible is boring".  If it's not then please tell me what it is.

You could be right about me not knowing what boredom is. I never get bored.  And I read the bible. 

Now who is derailing their topic?  I responded to your comment. I disagreed.  I said I don't worship the Bible. I don't. 

I take the view that God speaks to people on this planet in two ways.  One is general revelation and two is special revelation. 

Special Revelation is explained in Hebrews 1:1-3. Includes, angels, prophets, dreams, visions, priests, the bible, and Jesus. 

General Revelation is the Creation around us.  The creation around us - reveals to us the majesty, power and wisdom of God. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
Tradesecret wrote: 
@Best.Korea
   Boring?  Someone has said the word "boring" is a modern word.  Before the word became part of our vernacular, the people who were inclined (pardon the pun) towards needing to be excited by something else, were considered to be slothful. 
  Hence to suggest something is boring is a sign of someone being lazy. 

The Bible is only boring when it is preached by ignorant, boring, dulcet dunces  such as Pastors , Chaplains, Priests that don't have a clue about what they themselves are reading to others. And that have been far too "lazy" and "slothful " to study it themselves.